Maui Eldorado
$287
$275
$299
$219
Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$219
Hyatt.com
$407
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
Kaanapali Beach Hotel(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$268
$257
getaroom.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewsbeach cabanael doradofull kitchengolf cart ridewhalers villageblack rockfairway shopsminute walkpartial ocean viewwasher and dryerparking garagemain pooltwo queen bedsliving roomfree trolleygarden viewlounge chairs
Reviewed July 27, 2014

A clean comfortable spacious condo sitting alongside a pristine golf course. The birds at 5 am greet you with their song and the gentle light of the morning slowly makes its way into your room. Floor to ceiling sliding doors span the full width of the condo making the spectacular views of luscious green vegetation, bluebird sky and colourful flowers a delight for the eyes.
The staff are polite and very accommodating. Close to all amenities one can cook, do laundry and feel as if this is truly a home away from home.

I will return and have suggested this location to be perfect to house participants for our next conference.

Room Tip: Spacious, clean and airy
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank kbarker0
Bill R, General Manager at Maui Eldorado, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Aloha Rettig33:

Thank you for staying with us at the Outrigger Maui Eldorado. We're glad to read that you found our property to be a good value. Yes, all of our units have different owners and have differing decor - we're always happy to help you find another unit if you're not happy with the original offering. We do charge a check-out cleaning fee, the amount of which depends upon the size of your condo.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

This property is on beautiful grounds, nice golf course on site, perfect beach only minutes walk away. It is rather dated though, but don't let that turn you off. Location wise, it's not so bad, as mentioned the closest beach is stunning, but it is a fair distance from downtown Lahaina (10-15 minus by car) and about an $90USD cab ride away from the airport - I wish I'd hired a car. I also found the staff to be a bit average, upon my check in and check out, while servicing me, staff were easily distracted by other customers interrupting/pushing in and the phone. On the other hand, I had an issue with connecting t the internet, I called reception and they fixed the issue straight away.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Carissa B

Aloha Carissa B:

Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us at the Outrigger Maui Eldorado. A taxi is expensive from the airport to either of the resort areas on Maui and we usually suggest that guests rent a car. The Maui Bus is also very accessible; for only $2, you can go many places on the island. And the free Kaanapali Trolley resort shuttle stops at our driveway.

Given that the front desk is the nexus of the property, sometimes it can get a bit hectic at the front desk; I apologize that you were not happy with the front desk staff's attentiveness. I have discussed your review with the staff and the front desk manager. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I'm happy to read that we were able to get you connected to the internet.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

I stayed in a terrific apartment within this hotel/apartment complex for six relaxing nights in June 2014, following a week in Lahaina, Maui ( and part of a nine week, mega- holiday!)

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and had a pretty decent view across one of the fairways.

The apartment was very comfortable, spacious and superbly equipped. There was not one implement I required that had not been supplied.

It felt like a "home away from home."

There are a couple of swimming pools in the complex, though I never used these, preferring to swim in the ocean.

A purpose-built large Cabana, exclusively for use by Eldorado guests is located at the beachfront, very handy when the sun gets too hot or you want a to use facilities such as shower or toilets between swims.

Towels and beach chairs are available for free for guests from here, so it saves you lugging these across the golf -course pathway. There are good kitchen facilities here ( plates, glasses and utelnsils too) for you to prepare and / or store a picnic or anything you wish to cook. (Think there is a BBQ also.)

I had been to Maui many years ago but had never stayed (effectively) in the midst of a golf course! It was a fabulous location, serene and physically beautiful and a lovely walking distance to Ka'anapali Beach ( near Black Rock) where monk seals were resting for most of my stay, which added interest :) Large turtles could be often sighted swimming along this area...so also a great snorkelling spot.

I often walked to Whalers' Village and other hotels, such as the Royal Lahaina...when I wanted to explore, dine, have a cocktail, shop or merely explore other places. ( This could be done via the beachfront...or via the street footpath.)

I will likely return here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank frequentsinglediner

Aloha frequentsinglediner:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us. That you felt that the Outrigger Maui Eldorado was "home away from home" is the highest compliment you could have paid us - thank you!

We are glad that you enjoyed the cabana and its wildlife viewing as well as our golf course location. And, since we are in the middle of Kaanapali, we are just a short walk from the beach or the action, and conversely, it's just a short walk home to the peace and tranquility of the Outrigger Maui Eldorado when you're ready to come home and relax!

Mahalo for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Two of our closest friends and my husband and I just returned from a 5 day stay at the Maui Eldorado. This was the 3rd stay for my husband and I and we can't imagine staying anywhere else on Maui. If you're looking for a lovely, spacious condo - fully furnished, including full kitchen, in a quiet, relaxing location, this is the resort for you. Staff is excellent, grounds are beautiful, and the private beach with lovely cabana is a one of a kind find. Although the resort is careful to say that they are not right on the beach, this midwestern writer would say that the resort is basically right on the beach. A very short walk (or golf cart ride by staff) through a portion of the golf course, and you are standing on the sand.

During this visit, we stayed in an ocean view 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo, but have stayed in 1 bedroom units before. All of the units we have stayed in have been very spacious, amazingly soundproof, and lovely.

In my opinion, staying at Eldorado is the way to experience the true aloha culture. You won't find glitz, glam, or expensive 5 star restaurants on the property (though there are plenty around the area). No fancy room service or daily maid service; but if you're looking for comfort, space, and some "awe" for family or friends, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
6  Thank Jeffrey H
Bill R, General Manager at Maui Eldorado, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Aloha Jeffrey H:

Thank you for returning to stay with us at the Outrigger Maui Eldorado.

We're glad that you appreciate our complete condos and that you like the grounds and the cabana. Thank you for your kind words about my staff; they are always happy to see returning guests. Though the property itself is indeed separated from the beach by the Kaanapali Golf Course fairway, it's quick and easy to get down to the cabana, with no streets to cross.

You are right; even though we're right in the middle of Kaanapali, we are far from glitzy and expensive. We're glad that you all enjoyed your visit with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

This place was clean--rather, pest free--we stayed there for 3 nights and nary a bug/gecko in sight (seems to be a rarity in tropical locations).

Interior is blah--looks like it was designed in the early 90s. Not sure if all the condos have the same interior.

Wifi didn't work and parking was inadequate--this are two amenities covered by the $12/day resort fee.

Also, there is a cleaning fee which some sites do not seem to disclose--it's a reasonable, but annoying surprise.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank SKS-SF

Aloha SKS-SF:

Mahalo for staying with us.

All of our condos here have different owners and it is up to each owner as to the decor of their unit. We are always happy to help you select another condo if you're not happy with the unit where you are first placed.

Though we have plenty of spaces, the parking here is designed so that your view is not cluttered with a lot full of cars. The bellmen are available from 6am to 10pm to take you between your condo and your car; just call the front desk and we'll be happy to dispatch them to you.

I hope you asked us about your wi-fi difficulties. If there is a problem with the signal in your condo, we have alternatives.

And, yes, there is a check-out cleaning fee, the amount of which depends upon the size of the condo in which you stayed, as well as a daily resort fee. We've been continuing to work with those sites where the fees are not obvious; if you'll let me know how you made your reservation, I would be happy to check out their verbiage about the fees.

Please let me know when you would like to return and I will be happy to personally look after your reservation.