Maui Eldorado
$360
$299
Westin.com
  • Beachfront
Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$219
$386
$329
Hyatt.com
  • Beachfront
Kaanapali Beach Hotel(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$257
getaroom.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewsbeach cabanael doradofull kitchengolf cart ridewhalers villageblack rockfairway shopsminute walkpartial ocean viewwasher and dryerparking garagemain pooltwo queen bedsliving roomfree trolleygarden viewlounge chairs
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I just got back last night and I loved my one week stay. The hotel was great. Our room was very clean and huge. We had a great living space with a large table and chairs and a couch. We had a full kitchen and a washer and dryer that came in so handy. Stop at Costco on your way in right by the airport. We also had a huge balcony with a table and chairs. It overlooked the main pool.

The grounds of the hotel were beautiful. Tons of flowers trees etc. The beach was a 5-10 minute walk from the room. The beach in front of the hotel was perfect. It wasn't crowded. The water was so clear and very calm. I could stay on the beach all day.

You could walk to Whalers Village, but I recommend driving 5-10 min to front street where there a lots more restaurants and shopping.

The only reason I am giving the hotel 4 stars instead of 5 is because on our second day I called the front desk to say our microwave wasn't working and the lady said she would send someone right away. We waited around for about three hours and no one ever came, called or said anything. I was disappointed because that was one of the main reasons that we wanted a room with a kitchen. Also with the resort fee, safe fee, and cleaning fee I just hoped for different service. The rest of our experiences with the gentleman at the front desk were great.

I loved this hotel and would stay again in a heartbeat. The location and beach were great. If I didn't have that one disappointment I would have given it 5 stars.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lulu B
Bill R, General Manager at Maui Eldorado, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Aloha Lulu B:

Thank you for staying with us. It's great to read how much you enjoyed your condo and its balcony, as well as the property's grounds. Since we are right in the middle of Kaanapali, Whaler's Village is just a short walk away (and they validate parking!).

I apologize that we did not respond to you regarding your microwave. I have discussed your comments with my front office manager to help avoid a similar future experience.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Maui. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

We just got back from spending one week at the Maui Eldorado and had a great time! We had a one bedroom, partial ocean view which I believe is the highest "view" they offer. It was well worth it because if you only get a garden view, then you don't really have a view at all. The people were lovely and it was nice to have a fully equipped kitchen and lots of room to move around. The one complaint I have is that I didn't realize how far away from the ocean it was. You are basically staring at the backs of the expensive hotels (Westin, Sheron, Kanaapali Beach Hotel) and have to cross the busy Kanaapali road to get to the beach. We were in the farthest building (unit B202) so it was kind of a hike for us, but if you get a unit closer to the cabana it's not too far of a walk. The cabana was great with lots of chairs and Walter was super helpful. This place was very chill and easy and a good location, but perhaps next time we will save up more so that we can stay in a place that is on the beach.

Room Tip: Get a 2nd level partial ocean view room
2  Thank ilj83

Aloha ilj83:

Thank you for staying with us and for posting a review. I appreciate your kind words about my staff. And, I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your condo with a kitchen.

Part of the reason why the Outrigger Maui Eldorado is such a good value is that we are five to ten minutes walk to the beach. Since you crossed a street to get to the beach, I'm not quite sure of the route you took - there are paths around the golf course that will take you to our beach and our beachfront cabana without crossing any street. Also, the bellman is always happy to drive you down to the cabana from the lobby.

Thanks again for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We enjoyed the location and the beach cabana. Just a short walk from Whalers Village and a short drive to the Times supermarket. There are four restaurants next door in the Fairway Shops. We used one of the smaller pools which was fairly private with nice small deck.
We did not appreciate the mice, big black ones! Eek. Housekeeping supplied us with "rat boards" to trap mice. We caught one and three days later we caught two. That plus the cockroaches was a bit much we will not be staying at the Maui Eldorado again.

6  Thank Khayman

Aloha Khayman:

Thank you for staying with us and for posting a review.

I apologize that you were not happy with the conditions in your unit. Sometimes, unforeseen events occur that cannot be rectified while the unit is occupied. We are always happy to move you to another condo if you are not happy with any aspect of your room.

If you would like to come back to see us, I would be happy to personally look after your reservation.

Me Ke Aloha,

Reviewed May 18, 2014

We recently completed a two week stay at the Maui Eldorado. We were very pleased to discover it, and I must say that it met our needs extremely well. We were in Maui with the mother and father of my spouse to celebrate their sixtieth wedding anniversary. They were staying at the Ka'anapali Beach Hotel for several reasons - nostalgia and familiarity being two of them (They stayed there on other occasions - primarily for other significant anniversaries!). Therefore we were looking for a reasonably priced condominium in the area so that we could cook most of our meals for them and for ourselves. We hoped to be able to find a place that was an easy walk and/or drive.
Therefore it was gratifying to find the Maui Eldorado and the relatively reasonable accommodation prices. We requested a ground floor suite because of mobility issues for my mother-in-law, and the unit we were given was perfect. J111 was very accessible by sidewalk through the patio doors from the parking structure. It was also a short five minute walk from the hotel where my in-laws were staying.
There were a few things which would have made the stay even more perfect, but they are minor. I will mention them in case they prove to be more important concerns for others.
The unit was very acceptable, but the kitchen was quite dated. A kitchen upgrade would be a nice improvement. In addition the bed was comfortable, but I was glad to be there for only two weeks as it was starting to bother my hips and legs after a night's sleep. We were missing a few helpful items from the kitchen, namely a bread knife and large carving knife or butcher knife, even though they were listed on the list of supplies. We did mention this in a visit to the front desk, and we were promptly supplied with two more steak knives (we already had six!) and two more regular dinner knives. We made do with the steak knives so we did not bother to try to mention it again, except on checkout so that it was clear that the missing utensils did not disappear during our stay.
The television in our unit was okay, but it was a large tube television. We noted that other units had large flat screen televisions, and it would have been nice to have one available to us as well, especially since the NHL playoffs were on when we stayed there and to these Canadians it would have made the viewing experience a bit more pleasant. In addition, we found the number of television channels to be somewhat limited. However, we did not visit Maui to watch television, so these are really minor concerns.
Other reviewers have mentioned the Beach Cabana and we would agree that this is one of the best features of the Maui Eldorado. We were sorry that due to our situation, we were limited in our ability to use it as much as we wished, but if we make another visit to the Maui Eldorado the Cabana will be an attractive feature.

Room Tip: Condos in the J building (except for the very end) seem very well protected from direct sunlight. The condos appear to be decorated by the owners and therefore there seems to be a fairly large variety in the type of facilities available eg old television vs new, flat screenl; updated kitchens, deck furniture etc
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank pcchynoweth

Aloha pcchynoweth:

Mahalo for staying with us. It's great to read how well that the Outrigger Maui Eldorado met your needs in terms of price, location and accessibility. We're always happy to help out with special requests.

All of our units here are different. I have shared your comments about the kitchen, the bed and television with the condo's owner. And, I've talked about your experience regarding the knives with my front desk staff - thank you for that feedback.

We hope that, on your next visit, you get to spend more time at the cabana. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

This unit was nice location wise, literally 10 feet from one of the 3 swimming pools on the complex. The view is always nice located on the Kaanapali golf course with a view of the ocean and beautiful flowers. But upon check in, the supposedly daily maid service (which is one reason we chose it) is no longer available but still charge $75 on check out. Inside, the oven/stove top burners did not work as we attempted to cook daily for 2 weeks. Roaches ran the floors and walls. Neither complaints were attempted to be fixed by checkout time. Don't plan to stay there again after our second time. A definite dissappointment this time around.

6  Thank SGH906

Aloha SGH906:

Thank you for returning to stay with us. We're glad that you enjoyed your condo's location and view.

In line with requests from many of our guests and in order to keep our rates competitive, we no longer offer daily maid service. If you are not happy with any aspect of your condo, the front desk is available between 6 am and 10 pm to assist you and we are always happy to find an alternate unit in the event. I apologize that we did not attend to your issues in a manner satisfactory to you.

In the event you would like to return, I would be happy to look after your reservation personally.