We really enjoyed our stay in March. The grounds are beautifully landscaped, with a lovely golf course stretching out to the ocean. The beach is amazing- wide and long, gorgeous sand, and quiet. We enjoyed the walk some days, and called for the shuttle on others. We walked to the beach past Black Rock a few times, but were always glad to get back to our quiet beach, away from the crowds. The staff was very helpful. We had a couple things that needed handling, but both times someone came within 10 minutes. The shuttle came quickly, and the cabana attendant was helpful. The condo was very spacious, and the kitchen was well stocked. We chose Garden View, so we looked out from our large lanai onto tropical trees and plants, and it was very private.
I do have one serious concern, however, which would prevent us from returning. When I booked the room on the Outrigger website, I chose One Bedroom, 4 people. The site features photos of one bedroom units with two queen beds. However, when I phoned to confirm the unit the week before we were to arrive, I was told we were booked for 4 people, but that Outrigger policy is that they only guarantee one bed. I told the person at the desk, and then the manager, that we have two (large) teenage boys, plus we would be arriving at 1am Hawaii time (3am our time), when the front desk is not open, so we had to know in advance that we had a place for everyone to sleep. The manager repeated several times that she could not guarantee that. When I said that we wouldn't be able to stay there, the manager finally told me that she had booked us into a room with two beds, but she was obviously annoyed. This is a great property, and we would stay there again, but only if we were guaranteed the number of beds from the outset.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the fairways at Kaanapali Beach Resort, Outrigger® Maui EldoradoSM situates you in easy walking distance to beach activities, championship Royal Kaanapali Golf Course, and Whaler’s Village shops, restaurants and nightlife. These low-rise Maui condo rentals are well regarded among vacationers for roomy comfort with 1-bedroom suites up to 1,200 square feet! The relaxed garden setting is informal and inviting. The house golf cart shuttles guests to the exclusive beach cabana at north Kaanapali Beach. And enjoy more of west Maui exploring art galleries and souvenir shops in historic Lahaina Town, and discovering outdoor adventure at Kapalua Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Maui Eldorado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Maui Eldorado Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Hotel Maui Eldorado
- Outrigger Lahaina
- Outrigger Maui Eldorado Lahaina
- Lahaina Outrigger
- Maui El Dorado
- Maui Eldorado Lahaina