We just got back from staying 8 days at the Outrigger Maui Eldorado (the week before Thanksgiving). My family, along with 2 others, stayed here (all of us our first time). We booked through Outrigger instead of the individual owners, mainly because we all wanted to try and get condos close to each other. Turns out that didn't help as we were spread out anyway. To be fair, they did say they would do their best but couldn't guarantee.
Before I break down the pros and cons, I do want to point out what others have said in that each condo is individually owned and furnished. Between the 3 condos we had (2x 2-bedroom and 1x 1-bedroom), they were _vastly_ different from each other. Ironically, I was the one who organized the whole trip and ended up with the most outdated. Our unit was all carpet with tile in the entryway and kitchen while the other 2 were all hard wood (Pergo, probably).
- very reasonable prices. We paid $239/night for a 2-bedroom "garden view". Not bad for a ~1800sq/ft place with full kitchen, 2 bathrooms, and dining table
- Walking distance to the beach. While you're not right on the beach, it's between a 5-10 minute walk (depending on which building you're in)
- Lots of grassy areas. This was nice for the little ones to run around in while the parents watched from the private lanai
- Helpful staff. The staff was very courteous and checkin/checkout was a breeze. In our 8 days there, they came twice to empty trash, replenish towels, and do a quick sweep.
- Very nice location. This is a general statement about Kaanapali. Absolutely beautiful beaches and only 10 minutes north of Lahaina and 10 minutes south of Kapalua.
- 5-10 minute walk to the beach. I know I listed this as a pro however we were very jealous of the people staying at the big restorts who were right on the beach. You get what you pay for though.
- Cabana towels aren't available till 9:30am. Since we came from the west coast, our clocks were off and we were up and at'em ready to go to the beach at 8:00am. We ended up having to use some of our bath towels for the beach.
- Almost all parking is in a garage that's very, very low. Do NOT rent a large SUV if you're going to park here (we learned the hard way)
- Bugs in the kitchen! When we first arrived, there was a pretty big cockroach chilling in the cabinet under the sink. Not a good start. That was the last one we saw however (also, the day we left, the entire complex was being treated by Terminix).
- Sandpaper for toilet paper. Do yourself a favor and pick up some soft stuff at Safeway -- you'll thank me later.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the fairways at Kaanapali Beach Resort, Outrigger® Maui EldoradoSM situates you in easy walking distance to beach activities, championship Royal Kaanapali Golf Course, and Whaler’s Village shops, restaurants and nightlife. These low-rise Maui condo rentals are well regarded among vacationers for roomy comfort with 1-bedroom suites up to 1,200 square feet! The relaxed garden setting is informal and inviting. The house golf cart shuttles guests to the exclusive beach cabana at north Kaanapali Beach. And enjoy more of west Maui exploring art galleries and souvenir shops in historic Lahaina Town, and discovering outdoor adventure at Kapalua Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and BookIt.com so you can book your Maui Eldorado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Maui Eldorado Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Hotel Maui Eldorado
- Outrigger Lahaina
- Outrigger Maui Eldorado Lahaina
- Lahaina Outrigger
- Maui El Dorado
- Maui Eldorado Lahaina