“Beyond all expectations”

Kaleialoha Condominiums
Ranked #12 of 43 Specialty Lodging in Lahaina
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed in #105, and were absolutely pleased with every aspect of our room, the resort/complex, and location. Our condo was spotlessly clean, and everything that we could need was provided. They thought of everything. The location was perfect. Close enough to everything, but private and quiet at the same time. And the grounds were extremely well-maintained and beautiful. Gorgeous landscaping; and the air was fragrant from the plumeria trees. The swimming pool was the cleanest, most comfortable one I've ever been in. I can't say enough great things about Kaleialoha Condos. Oh, I almost forgot - the BEST spot for swimming with turtles, right there in the waters behind the condos. More turtles than Black Rock! (don't touch though)

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is a perfect condo for any couple, the unit includes all the basics you need to explore the ocean, which is at your backdoor. It is stocked with all the functioning kitchen too, like spices, garbage bags. The grilling area was our favorite hang out, the people staying are very friendly, and a lot of them rent monthly. There is a store very close by, the on sit staff were very accommodating as well. This is affordable and all you need.

Room Tip: all ocean front condos are the same as far as views go
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I don't really know where to start. I have never stayed in a rental condo before. I am more of the "I need you to come in and clean my room for me everyday because I am on vacation and am way too lazy." I have to say I was quite surprised by not only myself, but also what the option og having a place to call home for a week that feels like home can offer. We stayed in unit 113. It is considered one of the premium units. I think they called it ultra or some marketing word. What ever they called it, it didn't disappoint. Fully appointed with flat screen tvs, all the needed linens, pots and pans and even a washer and dryer to keep my wife from loosing her touch on the laundry. We didn't use the pull out because it was just the two of us and we kept to the bedroom. THe bed was big and comfortable. The TV in the room made me feel like I was home. That is untill I went outside and saw the beautiful waters. And the turtles, I can't forget the turtles. Everyday around 2 in the afternoon, the turtles would come up to the shore and brace themselves in the higher and rougher tide. It was beautiful. I am a huge animal lover and it made my day to see them up close without entering their domain or disturbing them in any way.

I can't say enough about the location. Is it right on the beach?? No. Is it right in the middle of the tourist zone?? No. Is Maui an Island where you can go without driving anywhere?? No. If you want right on the beach and right in the middle of the high-priced tourist gouging areas pick The Grand Wielea. If you want to explore the island and have a place to call home at the en of the day pick the Kaleialoha Condos. Unit 113 to be specific.

Room Tip: Unit 113 on the ground floor served us very well.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cgarmer
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed at unit # 215 from May 3rd to May 13th. The view from the condo beats any 5 star hotel/resort in Maui (see pictures attached) and is only a few feet from the ocean; you can see the Hawaiian green turtles swimming from the balcony. This unit was previously owned by the singer Del Shannon which was his private “Runaway”… The place is spotless and has all amenities (Fully equipped Kitchen/coffee maker/toaster/microwave…, washer/dryer, beach chairs, beach towels, beach umbrella, snorkeling equipment, parking…).

We rented a crib/high chair for our 20 month old from “Wild Wheels Wentals” and they delivered to the condo before our arrival. For families with kids, there is the “beach park” at a walking distance that has a playground and also the not-so-known “Baby Beach” within a 10-minute drive; this latter beach is protected by an exposed stretch of reef, creating a calm shallow area suitable for small children. There is the famous Napili Bay beach within a 10-minute drive; this beach was previously voted one of the top 10 beaches in the world!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed in 304 for a week in late May 2013. Absolutely perfect for the two of us. The view from the Lanai is stunning. You couldn't be closer to the ocean. The only sound is that of waves crashing into the shore. We snorkeled off the beach just steps away from our room. We swam with a sea turtle! We also watched ten sea turtles swim around in the clear blue waters from the vantage point of our Lanai. The staff was great and the accommodations were wonderful. We'll be back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed in unit 406 from Thursday August 16th until Tuesday August 21st 2012. The unit was very nice, recently remodeled with new high end appliances and very clean. Everything we needed or wanted was there. No complaints about that. The only thing that gave me pause is the one of the building managers, the lady in the office was somewhat standoffish. We did scuba driving (which by the way was awesome) and after we where done the drive master attempted to drop of a disc with photos of my wife and I scuba diving. He brought it to the lady in the office and she was rude to him and refused to get the disc to us. Granted maybe that isn't her job but it was surprising and a little upsetting. Other then that the place itself was very nice and the location was great.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank dmark1867
LONNIE123Maui_Hawaii, Front Office Manager at Kaleialoha Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

We apologize for any misunderstanding. As this occurred a year ago we have no way to follow up with our staff and find out the particulars but will make sure we assist our guest in all ways in the future.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed for 8 nights at the Kaleialoha condos and had a great stay. The condo was exactly as described (We had #215). Very clean and had everything inside that we could ever want. The booking was easy and we never needed anything else while we were staying there. Didn't use the office much for booking things, although they were available. But we did borrow the Road to Hana CD - thank you!! We loved that you had that for us so we didn't have to buy it. We would definitely return. Great area for sitting out in front of the ocean. No, there is not a beach, but the sound of the waves crashing lulled us to sleep every night. We got to see turtles and whales every day (and dolphins a few times too!) Thank you so much for the wonderful stay - we will be sure to check availability for any future travel to Maui.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the end unit because of the breezes that blow through, but there is a bit of noise from t...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple