“Hawaii’s most Hawaiian hotel” I have to admit, I had no idea what this meant when I booked my vacation, but it sounded nice. I promised myself that I would keep an open mind and relaxed attitude.
We booked a partial ocean view room, and were given a room on the ground floor. My wife and I exchanged glances which said “I’m not sure about this” but we dropped our bags, crossed the room to the small sunken sitting area and threw open the curtains and lanai door. Our daughter immediately scampered out onto the lawn while we gazed across the lawn and pool area and on to the beach as seen through the trees. We shared a look of relief as we realized that the entire lawn was our lanai!
I’ll try to make this review short enough to digest:
1. Cost is lower than the neighboring hotels
2. Location is excellent, with a very swimmable beach and a 5 minute walk to Whaler’s
3. The staff are fantastic
4. Big, clean, but admittedly dated rooms come with a kid’s bed in the sitting area
5. Cocktails at Tiki Bar are reasonably priced at $9.00 ($6.00 for the drink of the day)
6. “Cabanas” (2 loungers with an accordion shade) are $20 for a half day, and will be placed wherever you direct. We enjoyed them more than we anticipated!
1. No room service –but you can call in orders for pick up at the Tiki Grill
2. No poolside service – but you are maybe 30 yards away from the Tiki Bar, and nobody cares if you wander around with a drink that you made in your room
3. The pool is not heated very well
4. The tubs drain pretty slowly, and the water pressure is very strong, so you stand in some water when taking a shower – I didn’t find this to be a big deal.
I’ve stayed everywhere from 5 star down to hostels, and this place seems like a good fit for my family. I think I now know what they mean by “Hawaii’s most Hawaiian hotel”. It’s all about the staff! The aloha attitude which can seem so forced in the higher end establishments was palpably genuine here throughout our stay. It was like talking to old friends instead of salespeople.
I would stay here again in a heartbeat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surround yourself with aloha on one of Maui's most beautiful beaches...At Hawaii's Most Hawaiian Hotel! Located on golden sand next to the clear blue waters of Ka'anapali, all rooms have balconies overlooking lush tropical gardens, inviting you to relax to the sound of gentle surf and cool tradewinds. Award winning dining, shopping and recreation are on hand or close by. Here you'll discover the best in Hawaiian culture and family-style hospitality - truly aloha at its best! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Kaanapali Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ka Anapali Beach Hotel
- Hotel Ka Anapali Beach
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel Maui/Lahaina