7,790 results
All reviews swan court atrium tower our honeymoon breakfast buffet swim up bar exotic birds self parking walk in closet pool area resort fee whalers village lahaina tower partial ocean view kaanapali beach maui resort ocean front kids pool
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice rooms, amazing scenery..As everyone else said this a lot, dont want to repeat it again. $32 Parking for Hyaat members should be reconsidered. Either waive it or make it half at lteast. Anyways, HIGHLY recommend.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank braintop99
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We were changing from another hotel on Kaanapali Beach so we needed an early check in. I used the Hyatt App and received a notice when the room was ready - before 10 am! Great Service!
My wife received a nice orchid lei at check in - very nice touch.
The room was right above the sand and it was awesome sleeping with the balcony door open with the sound of the waves.
There are plenty of retail spots in this resort. It is a little bit of a hike to the ABC store at Whalers Village; but the prices in the resort store were very close< Save the steps and shop in the resort.
The hotel is showing its age and is in need of refurbishing. But, it was clean and had a huge tv and everything functioned well.
Prepare for $20 drinks from the bars after taxes and tips are added. The pool chairs in any shade were difficult to get on Sunday as lots of guests throw towels on chairs and you never see them. I am not sure how the hotel can teach rude guests how to be considerate. But this can be an issue.
This is a great place to spend your Maui vacation - with lots of restaurants and bars close by down the beach.

2  Thank engineer64
Dave M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Aloha and thank you for your 5-star review! We're thrilled you had such a great stay and that you enjoyed falling asleep to the sounds of the waves. It's good to hear you like dour resort shops and that you found our resort a great place to vacation while on Maui. We hope you'll come back and visit us again. Mahalo.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

All the facilities in and around the hotel (including all the staff) are fantastic! Room is very clean although a bit tired and outdated - not a deal breaker though because there are heaps of other things to do out there!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lauren and Hyatt far exceeded our expectations. We loved our room with a view.
This is our second trip to Maui. We have stayed at several of the resorts and feel that yours is by far the best. From the impressive lobby to the amazing grounds set right on the ocean, everything was top notch. The animals were a wonderful surprise. Who’d expect penguins in the lobby?! Grotto bar was cool, one of the many surprising sights on your property. We loved falling asleep to the sound of waterfalls and crashing waves in our very well appointed room(loved the walk in closet). Hated to leave!

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Aloha and thank you for your 5-star review! We're thrilled we were able to exceed your expectations and that you enjoyed the comforts and views of your guest room. It's wonderful to hear you liked our beautiful grounds and our resort wildlife, and we're pleased the Grotto Bar was a hit! We hope you'll come back and visit us again. Mahalo

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is the first time that I am being forced to give such a poor rating to a property even before I have stayed there. But I just had a terrible conversation with the team of Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa regarding my upcoming reservation and to me it says a lot about the establishment and their values.

Context: I wanted to make a minor modification to my reservation for a two-night stay starting April 8. When I made the booking, there were two upgrade packages available: add Club access to a room or take breakfast at the Swan Court. Both the packages had different prices with the Club access package being more expensive. I had chosen Club access. Now due to some modification in our plans, I wanted to check whether they could switch my Club access package to the breakfast package. I wanted no refund, change in the rooms, or any date changes. But when I called to make the request today, the staff was not only unhelpful but discourteous and short. It was such a disappointment. It is one thing to not be able to honour a guest's request due to constraints, and I would have completely understood. It is another thing to make a guest feel horrible and talk down to them, while also being utterly unhelpful. I would have gone ahead and cancelled my stay entirely if it hadn't been paid for in advance and non-refundable. I ended the call by requesting the reservations lady to just let my booking be as is. But now I'm dreading my stay at your property. If the staff is this discourteous on the phone, I shudder to think what our experience spending 2 nights there would be like. Please tell your staff that customer service is more than book-ending their calls with "Aloha!".

Bottom-line: There are plenty of other resorts in Maui and while the Hyatt grounds look beautiful, holidays are about experiences and feeling happy. And with this experience, I genuinely wish I had chosen to stay someplace else, with a warm, friendly and courteous staff.

1  Thank saumyajo23

Aloha and thank you for your valuable feedback. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us. We’re truly sorry to hear you felt our staff was discourteous and short and that it has had a negative affect on your anticipated stay with us. We would welcome an opportunity to discuss your experience in more detail. Please contact our Reservation Manager, Aimee Abo at Aimee.abo@hyatt.com. Mahalo!