We had a great time. Price was very reasonable for our rooms. We were there for 7 nights for my Moms 60th birthday. The hotel upgraded us to one of the towers with a view (we had paid for the very cheapest "parking lot view" rooms). Our room was outstanding - and housekeeping did a great job. A few suggestions:
Pool: Get there early because if you want a waters edge seat, they are very competitive. Pool has nice deep parts, and shallow parts too, and is ideal for all ages and abilties. You can get a tan, plus its larger than the Sheraton and its out of the wind.
Beach: Nothing special here. there are rocks in the water in front of the small beach in front of the hotel.. Walk east about 100 yards - there is sand, good snorkelling and a wider section of beach.
Food: All hotel food and drink is expensive and overpriced. This was no exception. Ask for a fridge to be put in your room, and buy drinks & snacks from the supermarkets in Lahaina. Drinks service poolside was average on some days.
Checkin-Checkout: Easy. Friendly.
Overall: I have stayed at the Sheraton on Maui, and in my opinion the Hyatt was better and cheaper. Yes, it could be improved, but for what we paid off Orbitz ($183 per night), its great value for West Maui.
- don't forget the $15 per day resort fee. (they all charge this anyway)
We'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 40 oceanfront acres on Ka'anapali Beach, this AAA 4-Diamond award-winning resort is an authentic Hawaiian experience set in tropical paradise. Each of 806 guestrooms, including 31 renovated suites, affords Hawaiian elegance with private lanais and panoramic views. Amenities include oceanfront spa, 24-hour athletic club, half-acre pool with waterfalls and slides, golf, and tennis. Activities include Drums of the Pacific Lu'au, Tour of the Stars rooftop stargazing, cultural lessons, water sports, shopping on property and nearby, and wildlife tours with penguins, flamingos and more. World-class dining at Japengo, 'Umalu, Swan Court and Son’z—emphasize using locally grown ingredients to provide unique cuisine to suit every palate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Maui Hotel Lahaina
- Hyatt Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort Spa
- Hyatt Regency Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort And Spa Lahaina