We booked this hotel on Priceline so were not expecting a great room but upon arrival for our 8 night stay we were upgraded to an ocean view room. We loved the sound of the surf and the beauty of the moon reflecting on the water below. Our experience with this hotel was outstanding. The staff couldn't have been nicer. Everyone from the housekeeper to the valet parking guys were very obliging. The valet people always asked if we needed directions whenever we picked up the car. They gave us great references for restaurants. (Like the "Gazebo" for macadamia nut pancakes) They told us to go to mile 14 on the Lahaina highway for snorkeling right off shore. My husband said he saw many many fish and even large turtles. Several of the people we talked with had not been thrilled with the off shore and barbecue snorkeling trips.
We took a 60 minute island helicopter trip with Maui Air that was a real highlight of the trip. They have a Maui map you can get online that is the best one we found, We did 2 luaus. The one at the Hyatt Regency was a bit touristy but The Old Lahaina Luau was much more relaxed and authentic. There is a book called "Maui Trailblazer" by Jerry & Janine Sprout that was invaluable to us. It has so much detail as how to find snorkel, surf and drive spots and great detail as to where to park and how to find hidden spots. I highly recommend the Waihee Ridge Trail for a hike. The 2.5 mile each way hike is beautiful. There are walking sticks left at the entrance you can use. Just go up past the concrete ramp.
We would absolutely stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 40 oceanfront acres on Ka'anapali Beach, this AAA 4-Diamond award-winning resort is an authentic Hawaiian experience set in tropical paradise. Each of 806 guestrooms, including 31 renovated suites, affords Hawaiian elegance with private lanais and panoramic views. Amenities include oceanfront spa, 24-hour athletic club, half-acre pool with waterfalls and slides, golf, and tennis. Activities include Drums of the Pacific Lu'au, Tour of the Stars rooftop stargazing, cultural lessons, water sports, shopping on property and nearby, and wildlife tours with penguins, flamingos and more. World-class dining at Japengo, 'Umalu, Swan Court and Son’z—emphasize using locally grown ingredients to provide unique cuisine to suit every palate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Maui Hotel Lahaina
- Hyatt Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort Spa
- Hyatt Regency Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort And Spa Lahaina