Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
$360
$299
Westin.com
  • Beachfront
Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$219
  • Beachfront
Kaanapali Beach Hotel(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$268
$257
getaroom.com
  • Beachfront
Lahaina Shores Beach Resort(Lahaina)
No availability for your dates from our partners
6,994 results
All reviewsswan courtatrium towerour honeymoonbreakfast buffetswim up barexotic birdsself parkingresort feewalk in closetpool areawhalers villagelahaina towerkaanapali beachpartial ocean viewmaui resortocean frontkids pool
Reviewed April 28, 2006

We loved the Hyatt and would stay there again anytime. The entire resort is lush and beautiful. The breakfast buffet is exceptional and overlooks the swan pool. The beach is pretty thin and a bit rocky but a 5 minute walk gets you to the good stuff. The ocean view room was awesome with a great view of lanai and lahaina. They have flamingos, African Cranes, Parrots, Swans and Penguins that are all great. The pool is awesome with a waterslide that is a blast. the room was nicely furnished, clean and quiet.

We had a bit of a debacle at dinner at Spat'z Italian bistro with our waiter spilling my soup on the table and getting one of our order selections wrong, but the food was great. We also felt they could make the rounds to pick up the room-service dishes in the hallways a bit more frequently. the one disadvantage of the ocean view rooms is that they also overlook the pool and the volume of the kids can be a bit distracting, but that is mostly during the hours when you won't be in your room anyway, and it really was not that bad.

Overall, we were very happy and would gladly stay here again!

8  Thank adavici
A TripAdvisor Member
new york
Reviewed April 23, 2006

The Hyatt is an impressive mega-resort. The entrance is sure to impress with its free-flowing open grand atrium. The pool and surrounding gardens are beautiful and well manicured. . The place blends in with its exotic Hawaiian location. The biggest complaint is the beach, which is very narrow with rough sand and scattered rocks. Because of this very few people are found on the beach which exacerbates the crowding in the pool area.

For a big resort, i found the service very good(but not at the level of a Ritz Carlton). The staff is very friendly and courteous. I can not think of any major drawbacks to the service.

The food was also very good. The buffet breakfast was excellent. We had a daily buffet breakfast which was included in our nightly rate. Althought the buffet was very good it did become boring over the week. There is very little change in breakfast selections from one day to the next. We also ate at their sushi bar and restaurant which had a great view of the pool and ocean. This restaurant had great food and excellent service.
There are two other restaurants which i did not go to.

We went to this hotel for our honeymoon. Although we were not dissappointed, this is more of a family oriented megaresort which offers a lot to do. i don't know if it is a great choice for honeymooners because the number of families present and the lack of intimacy. The other major limitation is the narrow beach which tends to make the pool area very crowded.

20  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 18, 2006

What an experience staying here was. It was our first trip to Maui, and after surveying the other resorts along Ka'anapali beach, we think we made the best choice.

The lobby is outdoors, as are most of the restaurants. Here are the positives and negatives:

The Room: We had a partial ocean view. Ocean to the right, mountain to the left, and lush green courtyard below. The room was VERY clean, and nicely decorated. The bed was huge, and we both agreed, the most comfortable hotel bed we've EVER slept in. Lots of soft feather pillows, cool cotton sheets...it was a joy to sleep in! Our little balcony was cute, lots of privacy (you cannot see your neighbors) and a sliding screen door, so you can hear the ocean & the warm trade winds blow in the evenings.

Restaurants: EXPENSIVE, but so are most places on Maui. However, if you're willing and able to splurge, the food is worth it. We had the breakfast buffet at SWAN COURT. A breathtaking view of waterfalls and real swans (open to the fresh air). The food was fresh and delicious. Fruit, omelette bar, a wide assortment of pastries, etc. We had dinner at SPATS. Though we didn't prefer to be downstairs (no open air and daylight as we were used to by then!) the service was excellent and the food was fantastic.

The Pool: Clean, large and a great layout that features 2 waterfalls, a grotto bar (in a 'cave') and a 'kiddie pool' on the other side.

Grounds: Well kept, large exotic birds were a nice feature and seem well cared for. Koi pond by the Weeping Banyan lounge was interesting. We loved that you are inside and outside at the same time. Carpet and a roof, with no walls, or the lobby, floor with no ceiling. That wouldn't work in other places, but in Maui where the breezes are warm and comfortable, it's perfect.

Our ONLY minor complaints: Because it's so natural and lush, it's a little hard to find things sometimes, like the Concierge desk was not labeled as such, but they do have a map and we figured it out by day 2. Also, if you do NOT want a buffet, and want a snack, light breakfast, etc, after about 8am you can't really find anything. The Weeping Banyan ran out of muffins/pastries quickly and early.

Overall, a PARADISE. Beautiful, natural, and clean!

22  Thank SkyTravel
A TripAdvisor Member
Bailey, Colorado
Reviewed April 11, 2006

We just returned from Maui and a stay at the Hyatt for 7 days. My wife will write a totally different review but this is MY experience and thoughts for those of you who have my expectations. I personally was "relieved" about things I researched regarding this and other particular hotels along the Kannapali stretch of hotels along this beach. Main thing for me was the reviews I read regarding the number of kids that usually are found at these resort hotels.

I am really anti-kid people when it comes to spending thousands of dollars on a getaway vacation (although we love our beautiful 15 year old girl) this for me was a mom and pop vacation.

Nevertheless, although there were a lot of kids here during our stay, the hotel seemed to "absorb" them because of its massive structure and large grounds and we really did not notice them other than at the pool.

Bottom line points to remember: (1)Hotel staff was excellent, (2)hotel itself is AMAZING (caveat: on-site restaurants/bars are expensive), (3)would recommend combining hotel rate with free breakfast package(buffet breakfast at "Swan Court" is the best)and (4) plan to experience things outside the hotel which requires a rental car. We saw so many interesting things. Recommend trying the drive up past Kapalua on the northwest coast. Road gets really interesting for the adventurist and to Wailea on the south for the ritzty outlook on things in Maui. Lastly, would recommend this hotel to families, honeymooners (during low volume kid time of year if you are anti-kid) and singles. PRETTY NEAT!!!!!!!!

21  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 8, 2006

Just back from the Hyatt Maui. Stayed March 30-April 6th. Absolutely loved this hotel. I was really second guessing our choice prior to our stay. I had booked our flights a year ago and could not make a final decsion on a hotel. We started out with reservations at the Kea Lani, Ritz and Sheraton and changed to the Hyatt based on a great rate with Hotwire. We've stayed in a lot of great resorts including the Hyatt Regency and Princeville on Kauai and based on some negative reviews I was afraid this property would be a disapointtment.

Upon check-in we were upgraded to a "partial ocean" from a "terrace view" room. I was really surprised because we booked through Hotwire. Our room was on the fifth floor in the Napili Tower and had fantastic views of both the ocean and mountains.

I was really happy with the room. I travel a lot and thought it was really big by hotel standards. The furniture seemed new and the room at a great Hawaiian feel. Storage was great. We brought a LOT of bags and were able to put everything away. I especially liked that the room had a wall between the bath and bedding area. We requuested a mini-refrigerator which was placed in this area and out of the way. Also, I had heard a lot about the "older" looking wooden doors and that the rooms in general seemed old but with a new coat of paint..I didn't get this feeling at all. It's a little thing but I actually liked the doors, and hallways. The dark wood matched the theming of the hotel, kind of reminded me of the look of Disney's Polynesian. (but this is the real thing)

The balcony wasn't huge. Just big enough for a small table and two chairs, but still nice. We also liked the screen so that we could leave the patio door open 24/7.

Spa, Expensive but nice. If I remember corretly an nail "fill-in" was $75. My husband had a massage and thought it was money well-spent.

In terms of dining, we had the inside breakfast buffet two mornings and thought it was great and a good value for the price. The setting is absolutely beautiful. We really enjoyed starting our day with miso soup, mini-smoothies and smoked salmon. Also liked liked both the Cascades Restaurant and Bar. Pool service was outstanding. (I think this is where a lot of resorts fall short) We never had to wait long to order a drink. The drinks were priced at the typical $10 resort drink price but the food wasn't all that bad. I mention this in comparison to the Sheraton. The Hyatt poolside menu has a giant cobb salad which I think is the most expensive item on the menu for $13.00 We were snorkeling black rock one day and thought we would eat at the Sheraton pool and noticed their poolside menu was at least 30% higher. Their menu has a greek salad with chicken for $17.50.

The pool is fantastic. We looked at all the resorts on Ka'anapali Beach and everyone agreed the Hyatt Pool is heads and shoulders above the other properties. I was also very pleastantly surprised that we never had a problem getting chairs. Considering the property was sold out and it was Spring Break and 80+ degrees and Sunny almost everyday, the pool wasn't overly crowded. My favorite part of the pool was on the grassy area next to the beach path and overlooking the ocean. One of our concerns about the Hyatt was the "lack of beach". However, it wasn't an issue at all. I noticed a lot of kids playing in the sand but not really swimming in front of the Hyatt. However, you can walk 2-3 minutes past the property in front of the Westin and the beach is huge. I really thought the cave bar, rope bridge, awesome kids area, slides etc. more than compensated for a short walk down the beach. One other nice surprise was that they offered a fair amount of pool chairs with Canopies. I haven't seen those before. The hot tub was nice. My kids said the slide was great..and also liked the game room. Another nice touch is they offer fresh pineapple when you pick-up your beach towels.

Shopping..several stores inlcuding a Macy's (which really was 90% bathing suits) but still a very large selection. Prices were reasonable. In fact, I think my husband said you could buy a cold beer in the sundries shop for $2.75 versus $6.00 at the pool. (Nice tip)

Service..for the most part was great. Wasn't overly impressed with one server we had in The Cascades Bar but otherwise it seemed everyone went out of their way to be helpful. At the beginning of our trip we requested turn-down service and fresh towels every night. They fufilled this request all but one night.

Lobby..very nice. My kids really liked all the birds.

Parking. We did the self-parking after the first night and never had a problem finding a space. It was actually very convenient to the beach.

Location. I can't say if I liked the location or not. I think it was great for a first visit to Maui because it is central.

One note, this really seemed like a family resort. I'm not sure if I would have been happy there on a honeymoon. I think the Ritz or Four Seasons are much more couples oriented.

Comparisons, I know I'm always looking for these.

We walked all through the Sheraton. I thought the lobby was nicer than it looks in pictures. The balconies look very nice (much nicer than the Westin and Hyatt). However, the pool and grounds really can't compare to the Hyatt. The pool is much smaller and doesn't have the tropical feel of the Hyatt. It is nice having the snorkeling right out front, but it is really only a 10-15 minute walk from the Hyatt. Altough the Sheraton is nice, I was happy to have changed our reservation to The Hyatt.

Westin, actually looked very nice. The lobby is very pretty. In my oppinion their section of beach is even better than the Sheraton's.

Ritz, Very pretty. However, we were up in that area twice and it was overcast and raining both times. It is stunningly beautiful. Also I don't think the location is bad. It didn't seem like a far drive fron Ka'anapali at all..but still very private feeling. Truthfully, I think the location is better than Whaler's Village for restaurants. Roy's, Plantation House, Sansei, Vino, The Gazebo are all close by.

We also drove down to South Maui to look at the Wialea Resorts.

I thought the Four Seasons was stunning. If I were traveling on my Honeymoon it would be a no brainer. However, I really didn't think it looked suited to kids.

The Grand Wailea was amazing. I would go back to Maui just to stay in this resort. Based on the lobby and first impressions, this was my favorite. We decided that next time we go to Maui we will visit in the Summer and try to stay their at a decent rate.(I really always like to try new place for each trip) We couldn't find a rate less than $575/night during Spring Break and got The Hyatt for $330.

Kea Lani looked amazing. Altough, I thought the Hyatt's pool was actually nicer. I was kind of on the fence about visiting this resort because initially this was my first choice of where to stay in Maui and I thought I might have second guessed not spending an extra $180/night to stay here. I'd defintely stay here in a heartbeat but I was still happy with the Hyatt for my first trip to Maui.

Hyatt Kauai. Is absolutely an overall better property than the Hyatt Maui. The grounds are much bigger the lobby is amazing. However, I liked our room at the Maui resort much better. The beaches are a toss-up. I'd actually might say the beach at the Maui resort is better. I really thought I'd be disapointed at the Maui Hyatt after staying the Hyatt Kauai but I wasn't at all.

Hotel Hana, stayed there the last night of our trip. I've really never stayed in a hotel with less friendly service. Across the board, valet, spa, restaurant, check-in, everyone we encoutered was unfriendly and almost rude. It is a beautiful resort the rooms are amazing..but I wouldn't go back.

Overall I'd give my experience with the Hyatt five-stars. Everything was wonderful. I'll be honest and say I really wanted to stay at The Four Seasons or Kea Lani but really couldn't justify the rate difference. I really went into this vacation prepared to be disappointed with the Hyatt and was so pleasantly surprised. Every aspect of the resort was wonderful. Great pool, rooms, restaurants, convenient location, grounds and efficient and friendly service across the board.

49  Thank Shelle