We spent 4 days here in August and were delighted with our choice. I had sent my luggage on ahead of our stay, and they were right on top of it when we arrived. The desk clerk was lovely when we checked in - but there was one little glitch. We reserved a partial ocean view room with a free upgrade to full view for our stay, along with one night free and the daily breakfast. When I opened the curtain in our room - we overlooked the roof of the dining room and could barely see the ocean. I immediately let the bellhop know my disssatisfaction and he picked up the phone to the front desk and within minutes we were moved to a room with a great view - ocean and gardens with the mountains in the other direction. It paid to speak up - especially at those prices and due to the fact that the hotel was not fully booked. Our room was very nice - 2 gueen beds, dresser, table with 2 chairs, armchair and a spacious balcony with a table and chairs. Bathroom was all marble - very nice. Walk-in closet with a safe and shelves. All quite roomy.
The main part of the hotel is lovely. The atrium is filled with artwork and lush greenery and flowers. The penguins are fun to watch and you never know when you'll come upon a parrott. We watched the flamingoes from our balcony every day. The grounds were well maintained as were the pools and other public areas.
We took advantage of the breakfast buffet every morning and usually timed it right. There were days when people had to wait in a long line, but we didn't experience that. We preferred to sit back a bit as there are sparrows that fly around as it is open-air and if you get up and forget to cover your plate - you will find them there upon your return. Because it is open, I cannot really fault the hotel for that. I thought the buffet was excellent. I usually had a hard time making up my mind what to select and they did change the offerings a bit each morning. Great way to start the day.
We were quite busy during our stay so only used the pool once. It was wonderful. The waterslide was amazing - a bit scary. At the pool snack bar, we were going to order large nachos, but the bar attendant suggested only getting the small portion - great suggestion and much appreciated. Although the hotel is right on the ocean, I must agree that the beach is not so great. Not much sand but I know you can walk down a bit to a wider sandy area in front of the other hotels.
As for parking, we decided to not use the valet which was $12/day and had no problems finding a space. We parked in the back of the hotel and it was easily accessible to the elevators for our room.
On the last day we stored our luggage and when we returned, the bellman came right out and loaded up our car. Couldn't have been nicer. All in all - we had a very good experience at the Hyatt. It was centrally located, food was delicious, staff was friendly and our accommodations were great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 40 oceanfront acres on Ka'anapali Beach, this AAA 4-Diamond award-winning resort is an authentic Hawaiian experience set in tropical paradise. Each of 806 guestrooms, including 31 renovated suites, affords Hawaiian elegance with private lanais and panoramic views. Amenities include oceanfront spa, 24-hour athletic club, half-acre pool with waterfalls and slides, golf, and tennis. Activities include Drums of the Pacific Lu'au, Tour of the Stars rooftop stargazing, cultural lessons, water sports, shopping on property and nearby, and wildlife tours with penguins, flamingos and more. World-class dining at Japengo, 'Umalu, Swan Court and Son’z—emphasize using locally grown ingredients to provide unique cuisine to suit every palate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Maui Hotel Lahaina
- Hyatt Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort Spa
- Hyatt Regency Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort And Spa Lahaina