My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt from September 5 through September 11 this year. We read reviews of so many hotels, and were a little nervous about the Hyatt, but were very happy we chose to stay there in the end. We walked through some of the other resorts, and it definitely seemed like the nicest place on Ka'anapali.
From the moment we arrived, the service was excellent. We had booked a mountain/golf view room, but were "upgraded" to a partial oceanview. It overlooked a parking lot, but had a decent view of the ocean. (If the parking lot had been noisy, we would have asked to move, but we didn't have any problems.) The bellhop was extremely polite and friendly, as were the valets and the people at the front desk. The room was very pretty and a nice size, and the bed was very comfy. Our bellhop arranged to get us a minifridge without us even having to ask.
The hotel is at the end of Ka'anapali, close to Lahaina, which was nice for two reasons. First, there was not as much pedestrian traffic in front of the hotel, because it is at the end of the beach and the beach walkway. Second, it was a breeze to get to Lahaina, maybe a five to ten minute drive. The beach in front of the hotel is not the greatest because of the rocks, but a five minute walk takes care of that problem.
The grounds are beautiful, with lots of tropical flowers and birds.
The pool is AWESOME. We never had a problem finding a chair at any time of day. There were a few kids, but they mainly stayed in the children's pool area. (It probably helped that we went in September after school had started.) We had fun with the water slide, and enjoyed sitting by the pool with a book and a drink, overlooking the ocean.
We got a couples' massage at Spa Moana, which was great. The spa staff were OK (not super friendly), but our massage therapists were wonderful. We did aromatherapy, but next time, I think I would try lomi-lomi.
We got a daily breakfast buffet with our package, which I would definitely recommend. Go with the jet lag and get there early, because a line forms if you go after 8:00. (It does move quickly, though). The restaurant, the Swan Court, overlooks a pond with a waterfall, and we were seated right next to the pond every day. The food is good, but we would not have paid for it for more than one day if it hadn't been included in our package.
Our biggest dilemma was where on Maui to stay -- Kapalua, Wailea, or Ka'anapali. We finally chose Ka'anapali because it seemed to be close both to the beach and to nightlife and other activities. Plus, we saw several negative reviews about the Ritz, which the second main option we were considering. While I think Ka'anapali was a good choice for us (we are in our twenties and are not big golfers), I must say that the Kapalua area was breathtakingly beautiful. We drove by the Ritz on our first night there and almost had second thoughts. If we went back, we might split our time between Kapalua and Ka'anapali, especailly since Kapalua is only about ten minutes away. That said, I am glad we stayed at the Hyatt. It was beautiful, had a great pool, and was a fun place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 40 oceanfront acres on Ka'anapali Beach, this AAA 4-Diamond award-winning resort is an authentic Hawaiian experience set in tropical paradise. Each of 806 guestrooms, including 31 renovated suites, affords Hawaiian elegance with private lanais and panoramic views. Amenities include oceanfront spa, 24-hour athletic club, half-acre pool with waterfalls and slides, golf, and tennis. Activities include Drums of the Pacific Lu'au, Tour of the Stars rooftop stargazing, cultural lessons, water sports, shopping on property and nearby, and wildlife tours with penguins, flamingos and more. World-class dining at Japengo, 'Umalu, Swan Court and Son’z—emphasize using locally grown ingredients to provide unique cuisine to suit every palate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Maui Hotel Lahaina
- Hyatt Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort Spa
- Hyatt Regency Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort And Spa Lahaina