Wow. What else can I say? This place was unbelievable! We just returned from our honeymoon on Maui, staying at the Hyatt for 7 nights. It was 7 nights of paradise.
The room was great. Not huge, but adequate. The decor was very tasteful and elegant, and the bed was unbelievable. We had a "partial ocean view" room, which overlooked the parking lot (we didn't ever hear any cars outside during the night), but to your left about 150 yards away was the ocean. It was close enough to hear the crashing waves at night - that's all I cared about. We didn't come all the way to Maui to stay in the room all day. It suited our needs just fine.
The hotel itself was the highlight of our trip. It truly added to the experience of Maui. Yes, things are expensive, and yes, they do "nickel and dime" you, but we expected it, so it wasn't so much of a shock. I truly doubt I will ever stay at a more beautiful hotel - at this price range anyway. We truly felt special. The staff was very helpful, friendly, and very eager to please. Especially the gentleman selling the sunscreen at the cart near the pool. What a character. We were surprised by a bottle of champagne in our room one night. Very nice touch. We enjoyed everything about the hotel.
The restaurants we tried were excellent. Cascades Grill was delicious, and the setting was divine. The breakfast at Swan Court was the highlight of each day. Well worth the additional nightly charge we paid for our room.
The parking situation was a little irritating, but as one previous reviewer put it - you're staying at a four star hotel - act four star. Get some water at Safeway and don't spend the money on the mini bar - that alone will pay for the valet parking. Plus, the valet guys were hilarious and very helpful.
Overall, we'd stay here again in a heartbeat. We checked out the other hotels up the beach (at least their grounds) and we both concluded that the Hyatt was the best. Thanks for a wonderful honeymoon Hyatt, and we'll be back soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 40 oceanfront acres on Ka'anapali Beach, this AAA 4-Diamond award-winning resort is an authentic Hawaiian experience set in tropical paradise. Each of 806 guestrooms, including 31 renovated suites, affords Hawaiian elegance with private lanais and panoramic views. Amenities include oceanfront spa, 24-hour athletic club, half-acre pool with waterfalls and slides, golf, and tennis. Activities include Drums of the Pacific Lu'au, Tour of the Stars rooftop stargazing, cultural lessons, water sports, shopping on property and nearby, and wildlife tours with penguins, flamingos and more. World-class dining at Japengo, 'Umalu, Swan Court and Son’z—emphasize using locally grown ingredients to provide unique cuisine to suit every palate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Maui Hotel Lahaina
- Hyatt Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort Spa
- Hyatt Regency Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort And Spa Lahaina