My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 1 week of our honeymoon. We had booked room-only as the buffet breakfast was something like $22.50 per person per day. However as it was our honeymoon the receptionist upgraded us on arrival to include complimentary breakfast on our booking.
The hotel itself is quite big - large rooms, huge open-air lobby that leads into a small shopping corridor (there is a good newsagent-type shop that is great for buying snacks for the pool or your room, and there is also a Macy's), 3 restaurants (a steak house which is a bit pricey, a sushi bar, and a pool-side restaurant that serves burgers, fish & chips, etc), a big pool with lots of sun-loungers and joins up with a lagoon pool that has a bar, and also joins to a smaller children's pool with a water slide. The beach is nice, but isn't very wide and most of it is belonging to one hotel or another so hard to find a "public" spot.
The resort is one of several hotel resorts on that stretch of Kaanapali beach, and it is about a 15 minute walk through the resorts as far as Whaler's Village which has a few restaurants/cafe's and some shops (varying from souvenir kiosks, to Pandora, to Louis Vuitton). Unfortunately, other than Whaler's Village there isn't much else within walking distance. To go to Lahaina town you would need to hire a car or order a cab - it's about 10 minute's drive and would cost approximately $15 in a cab.
I would recommend the Hyatt if you enjoy resort-life and have no problem sitting by the pool every day. However, we like to investigate our surroundings a bit but it wasn't possible unless we got a cab. That's just our preference though, and there was no issue with the hotel so I would still rate it highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 40 oceanfront acres on Ka'anapali Beach, this AAA 4-Diamond award-winning resort is an authentic Hawaiian experience set in tropical paradise. Each of 806 guestrooms, including 31 renovated suites, affords Hawaiian elegance with private lanais and panoramic views. Amenities include oceanfront spa, 24-hour athletic club, half-acre pool with waterfalls and slides, golf, and tennis. Activities include Drums of the Pacific Lu'au, Tour of the Stars rooftop stargazing, cultural lessons, water sports, shopping on property and nearby, and wildlife tours with penguins, flamingos and more. World-class dining at Japengo, 'Umalu, Swan Court and Son’z—emphasize using locally grown ingredients to provide unique cuisine to suit every palate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Maui Hotel Lahaina
- Hyatt Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort Spa
- Hyatt Regency Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort And Spa Lahaina