Spent 10 days with hubby, 4 year old and 18 month old for the first time in Maui at the Hyatt. The toddler pool was closed due to construction. We didn't think it was a big deal since the beach is steps away from the hotel, but after walking along the boardwalk and seeing the nearby toddler pools, we were very disappointed about not having a kid only pool. The larger pool was nice with it's waterfall, cave and water slide. These pools at it's lowest 3 feet so I had to carry the kids around in the water.
We also had a partial view in which the gal at the front desk said it was there best room and it was a joke. The view of the ocean could only been seen if you steped outside on the deck and stretched your neck around the corner. On top of that, the room was far away from the pools which is no big deal if you are not pushing 2 strollers but the property is NOT stroller friendly at all. The only ramp is on the clear far other side of the property and is a good 10 minute walk from towel pick up, toddler pool, kid area, etc. We asked to be moved to the ground floor which was perfect for us. We could walk outside via our deck door and was steps away from the pool, kid area (temporary inflatable water slides), and boardwalk. The ground floor was also cooler and surprisingly very quiet. Once we found the "secret" shortcut entrance (the door leading to the doctors on call from the main road), that made our travels to/from the parking lot so much easier. Plus we had a view of the ocean that was far better than our other room.
The rooms could be cleaner (small stains on sheets, dirt/dust around edges on floor, walls needing to be wiped down, etc) but I'm a hyper wiper so it probably bothers me more than most people.
The staff was friendly and accomadated every request with a smile. Overall I liked the property and this was the resort experience I was expecting. It was close to everything we wanted, had 2 fridges in the room (which we used our entire stay), good size closet, large vanity and was just a good size room for our family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 40 oceanfront acres on Ka'anapali Beach, this AAA 4-Diamond award-winning resort is an authentic Hawaiian experience set in tropical paradise. Each of 806 guestrooms, including 31 renovated suites, affords Hawaiian elegance with private lanais and panoramic views. Amenities include oceanfront spa, 24-hour athletic club, half-acre pool with waterfalls and slides, golf, and tennis. Activities include Drums of the Pacific Lu'au, Tour of the Stars rooftop stargazing, cultural lessons, water sports, shopping on property and nearby, and wildlife tours with penguins, flamingos and more. World-class dining at Japengo, 'Umalu, Swan Court and Son’z—emphasize using locally grown ingredients to provide unique cuisine to suit every palate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Maui Hotel Lahaina
- Hyatt Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort Spa
- Hyatt Regency Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort And Spa Lahaina