“Great place!”

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Very good place to stay. Extremely friendly staff, and rooms that live up to Hyatt quality. The restaurants on the property are average though. Take the time and go into town and visit places like the Lahaina Grill for dinner, and Longhi's for breakfast. Both are the best at what they do on all of Maui.

Room Tip: Place is under construction...choose only the center tower.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank barfoot164
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Greetings barfoot164,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa. We are so happy to hear your overall stay was a great one. I am excited you enjoyed our amenities and consider our resort a great place to stay. We will be sure to recognize our staff for the great service they provide and we hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Maui.

Warm Regards,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

Write a ReviewReviews (6,744)

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Lets start with the do nots:
DO NOT go here if you are handicapped. The closest spot is a 5-7 min walk uphill. DO NOT give your car to valets if you don't want it scratched & taken up to 60 in a parking lot. DO NOT expect the room you reserved.
We paid for partial ocean view king- it was a 100% island view. Only on the balcony with your head hanging over the side do you see the ocean.
Biggest one: DO NOT order room service. We got pasta. Pasta! And it was awful awful awful. Barely edible, and it was $40.

Now, the people were very friendly. The bartenders at the Umalu are great. The pool is nice. BUT there is almost NO BEACH. There's a tiny little strip, but if you want to be on it, you have to pay for chairs and umbrellas. If there's even room. Terrible "beach".
They also, for some reason, lie about floor numbers. We were on the "20th"... It was the seventh floor. They start at 14 after the lobby. I don't get that one.
Construction starts at 6:30am, and wakes you up. Very long line for the breakfast buffet, but it does move at an acceptable pace.
Honestly, this place wasnt bad. But if I were to come back, I'd be looking elsewhere, for a hotel with a real beach.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Virginia C
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I have been to Maui before and was excited to go back but this hotel was not what I expected. It was super crowded and busy all the I've. The rooms were fine to me but the service was not the greatest. The hotel is on the end f that stretch of hotels on the beach so everyday we had to walk further down the beach to get to a nicer patch of beach and water. Like I said before it was super crowded and we would have to wait in long lines for everything. On the plus side, the grounds are beautiful, the penguins are adorable, and it's very open. The location is close to many restaurants in Maui so that's a plus. I guess I just want something a little less busy.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2013

My husband and I spent 8 days here in September for my 50th birthday. It was paradise! The grounds are more beautiful than any other resort. Our breakfast was included and located in Swan Court. The view was amazing. To sit and watch a waterfall and swans swimming around was so relaxing. There is a path that goes up and down the beach where you can walk to other hotels and restaurants. The pool was always sparkling and clean. There is some construction going on and some renovations, however this did not disturb us in the least. The room was nice, comfortable and especially clean. Our room had an ocean view. To be able to wake up to that every morning was like a dream. All the staff including the concierge were very helpful. We will definitely be going back!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sw2000
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Aloha sw2000!

Thank you for sharing comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa. I greatly appreciate you choosing our hotel to celebrate such a special 50th birthday occasion. It is great that you were able to relax and enjoy delicious meals at our restaurants. I am glad you were able to walk along the beach to Whaler's Village. Our employees will be recognized for exceeding your expectations. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back for future birthday celebrations!

Mahalo!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Our expectations were not extremely high when arriving at this hotel since it was booked at the last minute by a Hyatt Representative after the Grand Wailea did not open on time.
However, we really enjoyed this place! The staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a beautiful, quiet, oceanview room. I found it real easy to relax amongst the zen-like grounds. The longer we stayed the more details I noticed, from the many different plants too all the different birds. I liked the pool with the cave and the pool bar inside the cave! The Ka'anapali Beach is a little disappointing, and I definitely wouldn't stay here for the beach since there isn't much to it. One of my favorite experiences at the hotel was using the Regency club. The breakfast was very good, as well as the evening appetizers which consisted one night of coconut shrimp and another night of barbecued pork sandwiches. They ended up being our dinners and the view sitting outside was incredible!
Overall, an excellent relaxing stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tammlynn
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent experience at Hyatt Regency Maui. It is great hear that you had a terrific experience at our resort. It sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed your ocean view room. I am pleased you found the Regency Club to be one of your favorite experiences at the hotel. This is a fantastic feature to we offer our guests. Your kind words and recommendation are our biggest compliment. I hope we can welcome you back to our resort in the future. Mahalo!

Brock S. - A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed a week in November last year as part of our honeymoon. It was fantastic, from the hotel itself to the pool, the beach, the food, the service-far too much to mention.

The staff were fantastic, especially Marilyn and Candace at Umalu who remembered us each time we went to the bar.

As per the title of this review-Paradise!!!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank civms47
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide us with your lovely feedback. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much. I hope we were able to provide you with the framework for a memorable honeymoon. It is pleasing to hear that you were able to relax at our pool, and enjoy drinks at Umalu. I will pass on your kind words to Marilyn and Candace’s manager; so they may be recognized for their hard work, and customer service. I love hearing the different ways our staff assist our guests in making their special occasion's slideshow worthy. I hope we will be able to welcome you back to our paradise on your next trip to Maui.

Allie H. - A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed September 19, 2013

What a shame we didn't stay longer! We travelled with friends! What a great idea to have basketball ring in the pool! We had fun trying to get that ball in! The pool was amazing! The only downside to the pool area is there is not enough shade, I tried hiring an umbrella one day but they were only for beach goers! We all burn the same whether at the beach or pool. I think this is a priority as there are so many people with melanoma these days and we need as much protection as we can get. The was a lot of construction going on during our stay! we had a room view partial beach and construction view, we never heard a thing! We didn't spend a lot of time in the room so the view didn't matter! The grounds and resort are well kept! The bed was huge and comfy.
We went to the luau at Hyatt which was fantastic. My husband loved the pulled pork!
Would 100 per cent stay again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Janene K

Hello Janene K,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your most recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa. We are thrilled to hear even though your room was an Obstructed view you still had a great time and you did not hear the construction going on. I am also excited you were able to take advantage of the pool amenities we offer and the luau! We will definitely forward your inquiry of umbrellas being placed pool side for the additional shading purpose and we appreciate these remarks to make our property even better. We hope you will join us on you next visit to Maui, thank you again for your kind words.

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui
Royal Lahaina Resort
Royal Lahaina Resort
#18 of 32 in Lahaina

Been to Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!