“Great views, golf, beach, location!”

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights. A great experience. You have to rent one of only 2 Hale's. it's a cabana that is secluded/private away from the bustle of the pool, but close enough to everything. That is if you ever leave it!! Stayed here All Day and into the evening, most relaxed I have ever been! A personal server comes by every 15-30 min making sure your ok with water, drinks, food etc. reserve it as soon as you book the room. You won't regret paying for it when you are napping on the long padded comfortable lounge chair with the ocean breeze and or the fan above in the ceiling on!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here 7 nights in the middle of August 2013. This Hotel was amazing from the beginning first of all, they welcomed us with some beautiful leis made of orchids for me and sea shells for my husband Gorgeous!! we had an obstructed view, they made us aware in advance about the construction, which was right in front of us, windows closed and you wont hear a noise! you can still see the sunset from the balcony. The room was clean, nice furniture, very spacious, nice TV, just great! The outdoors are just off the chain! huge pool! nice bars, they have penguins, flamingos, parrots, coy fishes, very beautiful! My favorite place was the breakfast place, it was so peaceful, and the food was great! we got a 2 for 1 on the breakfast which helped us a lot in our budget! Walking distance to Black Rock, Whalers VIllage and Kaanapali Beach. I will definitely come back to Maui and this is where I want to stay. I also have to add that their concierge service was great, very competitive prices and great service! Love the Hyatt!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I’m delighted to hear that the lei greeting was able to set such a wonderful tone for your time with us. It is wonderful that you found your room to be spacious and tastefully appointed and that you enjoyed watching the sunset from your lanai. I’m thrilled that you found the breakfast in Swan Court to be so peaceful. It certainly is a wonderful way to start the day. I’m delighted to hear that you found the concierge to be so helpful and competitively priced. I hope we can welcome you back again soon for your return trip to Maui.

Abrea H – A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is our second year staying here. We love the location and the staff was great. We did have a couple things happen. Our room was not as clean as we remember last stay. The hotel is getting a make over and honestly it needs it. I notified the staff of our situation and they corrected it.

Overall this is a great place to stay and I would recommend it to anyone. We stayed 10 nights.

Room Tip: Stay away from the construction!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

I am so happy we were able to welcome you back to our resort. It is great to hear that you found the service from our staff to be great. I have shared your comments regarding your guestroom not being clean with our Housekeeping Manager to ensure this does not happen in the future. I am pleased our staff was able to resolve this issue. We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort the next time your travel brings you back to Maui. Mahalo!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was such a great vacation...we were able to shop, eat, relax & do most of our activities all within walking distance! The hotel was clean, staff was very outgoing & courteous & the rooms were perfect! Can't wait to go back this December...

Room Tip: Couldn't have asked for a better, cleaner or friendlier place to stay! It has great restaurants...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for providing such excellent feedback regarding your recent stay. It is always great to hear when our guests have an amazing experience. It sounds like you found the resort to be beautifully appointed and the staff to be very outgoing and courteous. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in December!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We spent the last 5 days of our trip in Maui and it was a welcomes flow down from the hustle and bustle of Oahu. 1st thing about the hotel; we checked in late around 11pm and I decided to self park. What I didn't know is the self parking lot is a long way away from the hotel entrance and the lighting is extremely poor. The hotel itself is nice but needs updating, not that it mattered to us but some people might be turned off by the older scratched up chairs and tables in the restaurants and bars. Our room was nice except from the 1st night our toilet was "gurgling" and would actually splash water on the floor. We had maintenance come several times and they kept saying it was clogged and finally I called guest services and asked them to explain to them that it had to have a crack in the porcelain some where as water would seep out onto the floor. Finally on our last day they understood and I mentioned to the front desk when we checked out that I hope they fix it for the next people that have the room. The pool was awesome! Huge and well kept. The Swan court for breakfast had good food but it was set near man made duck/sawn ponds and there were dozens of small birds that were very annoying. They would perch on the chair right next to you and I saw some try to grab food off of peoples plates. I can't understand how the health department would allow this. Otherwise we had an awesome stay on Maui. 4th Marine Divisions Camp Maui, Haleakala in day time and watching the sun rise there was spectacular! Pearl harbor was lovely but very expensive, each part was another fee. Road to Hana was great don't be scared by people saying it's very difficult to drive. It's not as long as your smart and drive with your lights on and use caution. I loaded an "Road to Hana" app on my iPhone which was great. You choose the activities you like (hiking, beaches, waterfalls...) and it alerts you when they are coming up via mile markers and as your driving it gives detailed information and history. Bring your car charger and a plug to connect to the cars AUX so you can all hear it through the car stereo. Food and Gas prices are high on Maui, $4.51 a gallon when we were there. But this is the price you pay to spend time in Paradise! Mahalo!

Room Tip: Our room faces the pool and ocean and it was a great view and perfect for watching sunsets!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mwcoachm
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I were married 20 years ago in Maui, so we decided to take our son for his high school graduation. We thought the lobby was beautiful and we loved that it was open. The pool was great, except it was crowded and people would put towels on chairs early in the morning and many times they never returned. We had an unobstructed ocean view and it was exceptional. The rooms were average, but comfortable. We found the beds very comfortable! I am not sure what the resort fee is for. Parking was very expensive! The breakfast buffet at the Swan was very good and was included in the price of our room. Food at the other restaurants was not good and VERY expensive. The beach in front of the Hyatt is very narrow, but nice. All in all, we had a wonderful time and would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: It is worth the extra money to have an unobstructed ocean view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Aloha disneyfan5169,

I appreciate you taking the time to share feedback about your Hawaiian Anniversary celebration. I am delighted to hear how much your family enjoyed your time at our resort. Our ocean view rooms offer our guests some of the best views in the area. The Hyatt Grand Beds are very comfortable! Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. It would be my pleasure to welcome you back for many more Anniversary celebrations.

Congratulations!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times since it opened around 1980. It has fabulous grounds, with numerous birds wandering around and even an enclosure in which penguins live! The hotel is first class, with all sorts of mainly oriental artifacts placed around in strategic locations. There are numerous shops where one can buy all sorts of stuff from groceries to jewelry to clothing. We stayed this time on about the 6th floor on the SW corner. From there, there is an excellent view of the swimming pools, palm trees lining the walk and a spectacular view of Lana'i across the channel.

Room Tip: As you would expect, the ocean views are more expensive, but the view is wonderful, and you can watc...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
The Westin Maui Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa
The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui
Royal Lahaina Resort
Royal Lahaina Resort
#19 of 32 in Lahaina

Been to Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!