“We LOVE this hotel and the Hyatt staff!!”

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
GreenLeadersSilver level
Phoenix, Arizona
“We LOVE this hotel and the Hyatt staff!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is our second year staying here. We love the location and the staff was great. We did have a couple things happen. Our room was not as clean as we remember last stay. The hotel is getting a make over and honestly it needs it. I notified the staff of our situation and they corrected it.

Overall this is a great place to stay and I would recommend it to anyone. We stayed 10 nights.

Room Tip: Stay away from the construction!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I am so happy we were able to welcome you back to our resort. It is great to hear that you found the service from our staff to be great. I have shared your comments regarding your guestroom not being clean with our Housekeeping Manager to ensure this does not happen in the future. I am pleased our staff was able to resolve this issue. We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort the next time your travel brings you back to Maui. Mahalo!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,312)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
McKinney, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was such a great vacation...we were able to shop, eat, relax & do most of our activities all within walking distance! The hotel was clean, staff was very outgoing & courteous & the rooms were perfect! Can't wait to go back this December...

Room Tip: Couldn't have asked for a better, cleaner or friendlier place to stay! It has great restaurants...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for providing such excellent feedback regarding your recent stay. It is always great to hear when our guests have an amazing experience. It sounds like you found the resort to be beautifully appointed and the staff to be very outgoing and courteous. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in December!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
Highland Mills, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We spent the last 5 days of our trip in Maui and it was a welcomes flow down from the hustle and bustle of Oahu. 1st thing about the hotel; we checked in late around 11pm and I decided to self park. What I didn't know is the self parking lot is a long way away from the hotel entrance and the lighting is extremely poor. The hotel itself is nice but needs updating, not that it mattered to us but some people might be turned off by the older scratched up chairs and tables in the restaurants and bars. Our room was nice except from the 1st night our toilet was "gurgling" and would actually splash water on the floor. We had maintenance come several times and they kept saying it was clogged and finally I called guest services and asked them to explain to them that it had to have a crack in the porcelain some where as water would seep out onto the floor. Finally on our last day they understood and I mentioned to the front desk when we checked out that I hope they fix it for the next people that have the room. The pool was awesome! Huge and well kept. The Swan court for breakfast had good food but it was set near man made duck/sawn ponds and there were dozens of small birds that were very annoying. They would perch on the chair right next to you and I saw some try to grab food off of peoples plates. I can't understand how the health department would allow this. Otherwise we had an awesome stay on Maui. 4th Marine Divisions Camp Maui, Haleakala in day time and watching the sun rise there was spectacular! Pearl harbor was lovely but very expensive, each part was another fee. Road to Hana was great don't be scared by people saying it's very difficult to drive. It's not as long as your smart and drive with your lights on and use caution. I loaded an "Road to Hana" app on my iPhone which was great. You choose the activities you like (hiking, beaches, waterfalls...) and it alerts you when they are coming up via mile markers and as your driving it gives detailed information and history. Bring your car charger and a plug to connect to the cars AUX so you can all hear it through the car stereo. Food and Gas prices are high on Maui, $4.51 a gallon when we were there. But this is the price you pay to spend time in Paradise! Mahalo!

Room Tip: Our room faces the pool and ocean and it was a great view and perfect for watching sunsets!
1 Thank mwcoachm
Waukee, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I were married 20 years ago in Maui, so we decided to take our son for his high school graduation. We thought the lobby was beautiful and we loved that it was open. The pool was great, except it was crowded and people would put towels on chairs early in the morning and many times they never returned. We had an unobstructed ocean view and it was exceptional. The rooms were average, but comfortable. We found the beds very comfortable! I am not sure what the resort fee is for. Parking was very expensive! The breakfast buffet at the Swan was very good and was included in the price of our room. Food at the other restaurants was not good and VERY expensive. The beach in front of the Hyatt is very narrow, but nice. All in all, we had a wonderful time and would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: It is worth the extra money to have an unobstructed ocean view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Aloha disneyfan5169,

I appreciate you taking the time to share feedback about your Hawaiian Anniversary celebration. I am delighted to hear how much your family enjoyed your time at our resort. Our ocean view rooms offer our guests some of the best views in the area. The Hyatt Grand Beds are very comfortable! Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. It would be my pleasure to welcome you back for many more Anniversary celebrations.

Congratulations!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Flagstaff, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times since it opened around 1980. It has fabulous grounds, with numerous birds wandering around and even an enclosure in which penguins live! The hotel is first class, with all sorts of mainly oriental artifacts placed around in strategic locations. There are numerous shops where one can buy all sorts of stuff from groceries to jewelry to clothing. We stayed this time on about the 6th floor on the SW corner. From there, there is an excellent view of the swimming pools, palm trees lining the walk and a spectacular view of Lana'i across the channel.

Room Tip: As you would expect, the ocean views are more expensive, but the view is wonderful, and you can watc...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Located in beautiful Kaanapali beach, the hotel has a great view. We stayed during the last week of August 2013.They do list that there is construction going on, so you are warned before you book. I knew about that, but if you keep your window closed you wont hear the noise. Your ocean view might be blocked, but you could of payed more for a different view.

When you arrive you notice the lobby and how fancy it is, with extremely high ceilings, palm trees and orchids every where. At first I was bothered that there wasn't AC running and the lobby being closed off, but I was wrong. You get a nice breeze from the beach. After checking in males receive a seashell lei and females get a flower lei. The staff was kind enough to give me one when we checked out after I asked to buy one. Also there is a koi pond and penguins as well as exotic birds throughout, my kids really enjoyed this aspect. Children can also receive a "passport" where they get stamped for different activities and receive a prize at the end.

Hotel is kind of dated, its not like a Vegas strip resort but gives it its charm. The rooms were clean and comfortable, I love the water pressure and temperature of its showers. There are a couple of restaurants on site, as well as little shopping strip equipped with a Macy's. Japengo is a great Japanese restaurant, Black swan is a beautiful restaurant where you could have your breakfast next to the swans while listening to different water features.

The best feature of this resort for us was the pool. It is huge, it has different water depths, many lounge chairs, two waterfalls and in between them there is a grotto and a bar. My son loved the grotto as he thought it was cool to swim inside a cave. The other side of the pool is reserved for young children as it has a plastic turtle with water jets,two plastic dolphins and a section of the pool has its own sand as well. There are also two water slides (the Lava Tube for good swimmers and a little one in the kiddy pool side). Other activities can be basketball in the water and also scuba lessons. The pool does not close, they just ask you to keep it down at night time. You have access to the gym or Spa Moana which was a great facility. You can also enjoy many other activities as well.

Parking is expensive, but I guess it is the norm in Maui; $20 for valet or $14 for self parking both daily rates. Be careful when you park anywhere in Maui because the spaces are small. In all I would like to stay here again because the entire family loved it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I’m delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed the stay so thoroughly. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our spacious lobby and lei greeting. We often hear enthusiastic feedback regarding the koi pond and many exotic birds located throughout the hotel’s grounds. It’s fantastic that you enjoyed these, as well. I’m thrilled that you were able to take advantage of our spacious pools and the many pool activities. I’m glad your son loved the pool grotto so much. I hope we can welcome you back on your next family trip to Hawaii.

Abrea H – A Guest Relations Associate
Austin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I brought my teenage girls here the week of Aug 18 for a before school trip. I think the timing was good, as I think the season was winding down. From the moment we arrived early (before ckin time) the very nice and professional front desk guy named Kim gave us a complimentary upgrade to a simply fabulous ocean and pool view room. The room was spacious, had coffee maker (which is of utmost importance to me!), not one but TWO refrigerators, comfy oriental robes, comfy beds that sit low (which my girls and I enjoyed). I read some reviews about crowded pools and lack of finding chairs??...This was never an issue at all! I enjoyed my morning run on the boardwalk and also utilized their VERY NICE workout facilities. I noticed they even have a yoga/group exercise room. I thought there might be an issue with the construction going on, but I never saw or heard a thing, other than an idle crane on the other side of the hotel. My girls and I enjoy staying at nice hotels, usually Westin is our brand...but they thought this was the nicest hotel they have ever experienced! We would come stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Ocean view is incredible!
1 Thank AustinFlygirl
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Aloha AustinFlygirl!

Thank you for taking a moment to share comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa. I am delighted to hear how much you and your daughters enjoyed your time with us as an end of summer getaway. Kim will be recognized for the excellent service upon arrival. Our in-room amenities are some of the best in the area, and I am glad you appreciated the two refrigerators, robes, & Hyatt Grand Beds. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to Hawaii.

Mahalo,

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Montage Kapalua Bay
Westin Maui Resort And Spa
Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort
The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas

Been to Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!