Free cancellation until 08/02
$289
$321
$305
  • Beachfront
Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$249
  • Beachfront
Kaanapali Beach Hotel(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$289
$283
$539
$465
Cancelon
$426
Cancelon
7,153 results
All reviewsswan courtatrium towerour honeymoonbreakfast buffetswim up barexotic birdsself parkingresort feewalk in closetpool areawhalers villagelahaina towerbeautiful resortpartial ocean viewkaanapali beachocean frontmaui resort
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The front office staff were great. Steven was efficient and placed us in a great room with a great ocean view. Excellent customer service, thanks Steven!

Our stay was great for the most part, we were mostly only at the hotel to sleep. It wasn't until the last day that our impression of this hotel went downhill.

As a frequent traveler to Hawaii, I've grown accustomed to checking out, spending the day at the beach, and then returning to the hotel before my flight back to the mainland. EVERY hotel I've stayed at has had hospitality rooms available for guests to shower and iron, before heading to the airport. I've only stayed at one hotel in Oahu that used their Spa locker rooms instead of a hospitality room. This was fine, because the Spa facilities were impeccable and upscale. This Hyatt does not offer either. Instead, they want you to use their pool locker rooms. Not only were they disgustingly dirty, but they had broken shampoo dispensers, no air conditioning, and no place to iron your travel clothes.

What was once a great impression, immediately went to disgust. This is the last thing this hotel wants you to remember of your stay? I recently lost my Platinum status with Hyatt, and this is the reason why. I will NOT be staying at this resort again. I will continue to build up my Hilton points instead. Looks like I'll be staying at the Grand Wailea Resort on my next Maui trip!

Room Tip: Watch out, they have construction on the west side of the resort.
3  Thank Casper H
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel n lovely atmosphere ,,,,would def go again ,,,,pool is amazing ,,,location is superb ,,,,,lovely interior of d lobby area,,,,love it !!!! Friendly staff,,,,,,n d luau at d Hyatt was amazing ,,,,,pricey but great !

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank don2154
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Aloha don2154!

Thank you for taking a moment to share feedback about your recent visit to our Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa. Your comments are greatly appreciated. We are glad to hear how much you enjoyed everything from the luau, to relaxing by the large swimming pools. It will be our pleasure to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Mahalo,

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed June 14, 2013

When we arrived we found that they were replacing tiles on the pool and half the pool was tented. After three days of grinding and drilling, we were not thrilled. However, we only stayed at the pool for about 3 hours a day anyway. When we checked out we complained and the Hyatt immediately took the resort fees off of our bill. Everyone who worked there was extremely nice. They also have a cool star gazing thing at night. Although it cost $25 a person, it is given by an astronomer with some high power telescopes and the stars on Maui were amazing.

3  Thank James S

I appreciate you taking a moment to provide us with your feedback. I apologize for the pool work taking place during your stay. I am pleased the front desk was able to work with you to offer a solution for this inconvenience. I am delighted you were able to take part in the Tour of the Stars. This is a great feature we offer and our guests really enjoy the experience. Thank you for choosing to spend your vacation at our resort. I hope we can welcome you back to Hyatt in the near future!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We just completed a four night stay at this resort. We had a standard Ocean View room in the Napili tower (5th floor). I spent a lot of time researching this hotel and reading reviews before this trip. The hotel exceeded all my expectations. The lobby and the grounds are beautiful. Our room was also wonderful. We slept every night with the balcony door open (screen door closed) so we could hear the waves as we slept. Happy hour at Japengo was great. We enjoyed the pool and the beach walk. On our final day we watched four turtles playing just off of the beach in front of the hotel.

We ventured into all of the hotels along the beach walk and the Hyatt grounds were the best.

Our only negative was the self parking lot. The spots were extremely small. It was quite a hastle getting into and out of the spots everyday.

Overall, we loved the resort. Our only regret was not spending more time here! We could have easily spent a week here and never left the hotel. Since it was our first time to Maui, we spent most of our time driving around the island and seeing the sights. Hope to come back and just spend time In the resort.

Room Tip: Ocean view is a must.
1  Thank jvliii

Aloha jvliii,

Thank you for going out of your way to share comments with regards to your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa. We are delighted to hear how much we exceeded your expectations during your visit. Listening to the waves as you go to sleep is very peaceful. Watching the turtles off the beach can be very entertaining. It will be our pleasure to have another opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Mahalo,

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed June 13, 2013

My wife and I have travelled four times to Maui staying at Marriott Resort, The Westin, The Renaissance- now another name- and most recently in May 2013 , the Hyatt Resort. We won't be returning to the Hyatt.
Let me preface my review by acknowledging that we did use points for two nights and paid for the next three. Paying with points. What is it about Hotels that WANT you to buy into their rewards programs but when you want to actually USE these points, they treat you as a mooching chump?
Thus begins my review. Having travelled from Atlanta to Maui and finally arriving at the Hotel,
The reception area was dated and there was a "be right back" sign at the check in. Now this is the preferred check in for "Hyatt Gold and Platinum " members.
The clerk returned and explained that he was sold out of our "partial ocean view room" but could move us the next day. Heard that one before?
So-being tired as hell we took our assigned room. NO VIEW and dirty. A second floor room facing the parking lot right next to the elevator. The room was dirty and looked like a blast from 1975.
My wife is one of those "it's fine" folks but not me.
So I schlepped back to the front desk fairly steamed. After some actual argument with the front desk clerk he agreed to show me another room on the 15th floor which was acceptable. After all we were tired and hungry and wanted no part in a room fight.
I explained to the clerk that we travelled quite frequently and having stayed at the other properties mentioned that assuredly I would not stay at the Hyatt again. This was my first and last experience at this property.

His personal attitude and his ownership of our problem were below any standards I expected. He was the real problem that night. That being said, I will say that the property needs a total interior renovation. The rooms are dated, poorly appointed and simply below standards of the competition. The beds are Asian style-- meaning almost on the ground with no box springs. I requested box springs and they were delivered and the bed was "Americanized".

The pool is wonderful and there is a great grotto bar with great drinks-- even a Happy Hour!
We made the best of our room and the decor and soon the beauty of Maui made things quite acceptable. We had fun certainly.
Personally, you only get one chance to make a first impression and the Hyatt Resort in Maui blew that. I was never asked if everything was OK, if I was satisfied or if they had exceeded my expectations. As I said earlier, having stayed at four properties I'd rec the Westin or the Marriott, the Westin being the best.

Pass on this Hyatt property.BTW they are building a time share Hyatt next door. Guess that's where the money went.

Room Tip: Don't use points and make damn sure you ask for a room in the middle tower facing the Ocean if possible. Also if you don't like sleeping on the floor request BoxSprings!! Seriously!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple