My husband and I spent 5 nights here in May.
After a rocky start to the trip, our flight being cancelled out of Sydney, we were surprised to get straight into our room and 8am ( we were scheduled to arrive the day before).
The room was top floor with amazing ocean views. We paid for these, but they were still above my expectation.
The room was big, with a king size bed and balcony.
Breakfast was included in our rate and it was good. The service couldn't be faulted.
My only let down was the beach (or lack of). As an Australian, we have a particular view of what a beach should be, and unfortuneately, limited sand and rocks are not it! But on the upside, the pool is amazing and huge. Just get in early if you want a good spot. Possibly a bit more shade wouldn't go astray. It can get HOT!
Try Umalu for snacks and cocktails. The bar staff are great and do well to keep you there talking and drinking and generally having a great time.
There is some building work happening on one side of the resort, so if you book and you think it will be an issue for you, I suggest you let the resort know upfront. But I guarantee you won't be spending much time in the room anyway.
Whalers Village is a 15 minute walk or a few minutes on the trolley. The walk is great, but not in the heat of the day.
P.S There's penguins in the foyer, which have set a new benchmark for future accommodations we might book!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 40 oceanfront acres on Ka'anapali Beach, this AAA 4-Diamond award-winning resort is an authentic Hawaiian experience set in tropical paradise. Each of 806 guestrooms, including 31 renovated suites, affords Hawaiian elegance with private lanais and panoramic views. Amenities include oceanfront spa, 24-hour athletic club, half-acre pool with waterfalls and slides, golf, and tennis. Activities include Drums of the Pacific Lu'au, Tour of the Stars rooftop stargazing, cultural lessons, water sports, shopping on property and nearby, and wildlife tours with penguins, flamingos and more. World-class dining at Japengo, 'Umalu, Swan Court and Son’z—emphasize using locally grown ingredients to provide unique cuisine to suit every palate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Maui Hotel Lahaina
- Hyatt Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort Spa
- Hyatt Regency Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort And Spa Lahaina