“Customer service the way it should be!”

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oakland, California
“Customer service the way it should be!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

From checking in, to housekeeping, to the restaurant staff, the Hyatt offers the best service I have ever received. I am in the service industry and I was beginning to think I would never get the quality I give on a daily basis. My trip to Maui was a much needed break from my exhausting job, and the Hyatt made it perfect.
A couple of examples:
1) We were not celebrating anything, and we were still treated special.
2) My bf jumped in the pool with his phone in his pocket. He panicked, and I took it over to the towel desk and asked for a bag of rice.The attendant asked where we were sitting, and brought a huge ziploc bag filled with rice within 10 minutes! The phone was not salvaged but the fact that the attendant was so quick to help made my day.
3) It rained during the luau. We went to the front to politely complain hoping for maybe a discount, and we were immediately offered a full refund or a rain check. We took the latter and had an amazing experience the following night.
4) The construction was a little annoying, but you could tell they made every effort to be as considerate as possible. Our room overlooked the work area and we were never woken by it. EVERYTHING wakes me up and I slept like a baby.

Speaking of babies, the one downfall my trip was the amount of children running around screaming. I'm glad it wasn't a romantic vacation for me.

Thank you Hyatt. You exceeded my expectations and I hope wherever I travel there is a Hyatt with the same level of service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jamie C
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
It is always wonderful to hear that our staff was able to provide such exceptional service during your stay, from check in to check out. I am glad to hear that our pool attendant was able to offer such quick assistance and provide the requested bag of rice to try to save the phone. While I am sorry that your first luau was rained on, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed second luau on the next night. I am happy that you enjoyed your room and the construction never disrupted your sleep. Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback and I hope we can welcome you back our hotel in the future.

Abrea H – A Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,345)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cave Creek, Arizona
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Don't miss the fabulous breakfast buffet at The Swan Court. The fresh pineapple, papaya and melon are delicious!
I loved the penguins that live in a natural setting right off the lobby! The natural setting of the pool facilities is outstanding. The Asian art throughout the ground floor is outstanding.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view, of course.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for going out of your way to provide feedback on your stay. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel. Our breakfast buffet in Swan Court is quite delicious. The fresh papaya is one of my favorite dishes, as well. I am glad that you liked the penguins as well as the large outdoor pools. I hope that we can welcome you back to Hyatt soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed here with my family a couple of weeks ago for a wedding I had to attend. It is really a great hotel and overall, I am satisfied with my experience. First off, we received leis at check-in.. great first impression! Our room had one queen bed/one full bed and plenty of space! It even had a table that fit two people and two laptops comfortably. I liked that the sink area, tub/toilet area, and walk-in closet were all partitioned nicely so there could be plenty of privacy when having to change clothes, use the bathroom, use the sink, etc. There was only one sink but the extra wide counter space made up for it. We paid for a partial ocean view to which they said we'd see 25% of the ocean. I expected a sliver of ocean between buildings but we were able to see like 80% of the ocean towards the left of the balcony! I was more than satisfied with our "partial ocean" view.

We were able to use the pool for one day and I enjoyed it very much. It was very big and had different depths throughout. I didn't get a chance to play with the pool basketball net or go on the slides but I did enjoy going through the waterfalls hehe. One downside.. it was very hard to find a beach chair around the pool area but I guess that's what I should expect at all popular resorts with big pools.

I also attended the luau at the Hyatt and thought it was top notch! I only attended one other luau in Oahu and thought it was so&so. The Hyatt's had great drinks, GREAT food (I am craving more Maui Onions which were pickled and delicious), and a very entertaining show with more than 1 fire dancer!

I don't really have downsides. But if I had to pick my brain for a few, here they are: Our tower was pretty far from the lobby. The distance reminded me of walks from Vegas lobbies/casinos to the actual hotel elevators. No big deal and we passed by several stores on the way so I window shopped every single time. Only time where I wish the elevators were closer is when we were in a rush. There was no ventilation in the bathroom which could get uncomfortable when the tropical environment is already humid! Finally, our walk-in closet's wallpaper was majorly peeling off! I was changing in the walk-in closet and sometimes the wallpaper would fall on me lol. It's not something I'd expect from the Hyatt!

But like I said, overall great experience and I would stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KrisLT617
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the lei greeting, as well as the spaciousness of the room and exceptional view. I’m thrilled to hear that you were able to take advantage of the luau and that you found this to be such an entertaining event and enjoyed the food and beverages so much. The Maui Onions are one of my favorite dishes, too. Our pool is quite spacious and it is wonderful that you were able to enjoy this, as well. I will forward your comment regarding the wallpaper in the walk-in closet to the Housekeeping Management team. I am sorry that the distance from your room to the elevator was inconvenient, at times. In the future, you may wish to request a room near the elevator. I hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Huntersville, North Carolina
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever stayed in! The staff is eager to please, but the feeling is still somewhat relaxed with a professional atmosphere. The "wow factor" for our trip was not the beautiful birds (and penguins!!!) or even expansive pool with grotto... The concierge, Michael, helped us to make our vacation the trip of a lifetime. We admittedly waited a little late to plan our excursions for the trip, but Michael came to the rescue and searched to make our experience the best! We stayed at another hotel during the first half of our trip. We were very pleased with the previous hotel, but were blown away by the Hyatt Regency!!! We will return to Maui, and will most certainly return to this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful grounds. I’m glad that you found our staff so eager to please and that they were able to go the extra mile to make your stay truly memorable. I will be sure to tell Michael that his assistance made such a big difference in your trip and how much you appreciated his help. We will look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for your next trip to Maui.

Colorado
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

I am a Hyatt platinum member and have stayed at many Hyatt property locations. This is a nice hotel but not worth what we paid. Everything was just "nice" but nothing blew my socks off. The girl taking the calls at valet was rude, tv reception was poor, our tub didn't have a drain plug. The hotel lobby area is beautiful and make a fantastic first impression. The Club staff was superb. The property was under construction an we weren't made aware before we paid over 400 a night. The location is great but everything was just so pricey. I ordered a Caesar salad with Mahi at the most casual restaurant in the resort and it was $20!! That should give you some perspective. I love Hyatt and will continue to stay at their properties but when I come back to Maui, I will be looking to find something more reasonably priced or, at least get what I paid for.

• Stayed June 2013
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Aloha OnTheGoGirl17,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with regards to your recent stay at our resort. I appreciate you sharing your comments. Your feedback will be shared with our Management team to see what can be done to improve these. Our employees in the Regency Club will be recognized for the fantastic service. I hope you give us a second chance as I would appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back as our guest.

Mahalo,

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
sydney
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The hotel is in a beautiful location but the current construction works going on in the hotel detract from this.We had booked two rooms however due to a booking error one of the rooms we were given we were unable to use during the day. We could not sit out on the balcony due to the dust and noise. The pool area was very noisy at one end, due to maintenance work.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the construction area
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank sue k
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Top notch customer service our entire stay.

We had a beautiful oceanfront king room on the 19th floor overlooking the pool and the ocean. We had our own personal balcony with table/chairs, can it get any better? Our room was everything that I was hoping for and expecting. It included a King bed, pull out sofa, desk/chair and flat screen television and 2 refrigerators.

Closet and drawer space was plentiful.

The hotel/resort was much like a cruise ship. Everything that you could need/want is available to you. You never have to leave the resort if you don't want to. Art Galleries, clothing stores (including a Macy's), convenience store, boutiques and jewelry stores can all be found at the Hyatt.

The restaurants are great. We really enjoyed Sonz and Umalu. Sonz is also known as Swan Court in the morning.

There is even an Expedia Concierge on site. We found this to be very convenient since we booked with Expedia.

On the grounds you will see flamingos, ducks, black and white swans, koi, penguins, parrots and African cranes (which I'm sad to say I missed). Beautiful landscaping and a beautiful pool area.

If you plan on spending anytime at the pool, apparently it is in your best interest to get up early and claim your chair with one of the Hyatt pink towels. We went to the pool around 10:00 am and there were hardly any spots available. Each morning (by around 8am) the chairs are spoken for. A lot of pink towels but no people. Hmmmmm.....

Walk the path from end to end. Hyatt to Sheraton. It is about 1 1/2 mile each way. About 1/2 way, you will arrive at Whalers Village- A shopping/eating venue.

The Spa Moana....All I can say is aaaahhhhhhhh. You really should go and enjoy any of their services. I loved the relaxation room.

The hotel schedules/plans many activities: Lei making class, Sushi making class, activities for kids, etc.....

Valet parking is a well oiled machine. Very organized, quick and polite.

While you could spend all of your time at the resort, I do hope that you get out and explore all that Maui has to offer. Aloha.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mkmiller63
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Aloha mkmiller63!

Thank you for taking the time to share comments with regards to your recent stay with us at our Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa. The level of detail you have shared is greatly appreciated. Our employees and Chefs at Swan Court and Sonz will be recognized for the excellent service you experienced. We are glad to hear how much you enjoyed the wildlife. Our guests really have fun with the birds. It will be our pleasure to have another opportunity to welcome you back.

Mahalo,

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
The Westin Maui Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa
The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
Andaz Maui At Wailea
Royal Lahaina Resort
Royal Lahaina Resort
#19 of 32 in Lahaina

Been to Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!