“Late night hunger”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Kamloops, Canada
“Late night hunger”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We have stayed at the Hyatt Regency Maui several times and have enjoyed our stay each visit. This time however, had a disappointing start. We had booked and prepaid for an ocean view king room but upon check in received a room with two doubles and a miniscule ocean view. The next morning the front desk staff kindly switched us to our requested room. Thank you .Our biggest disappointment however, occurred shortly after our check in. We arrived on a late flight, so we arrived at the Hyatt at approximately 11:00 P.M. After taking our stuff to our room, we were hungry, so headed down to the lobby around 11:20 to find a restaurant or bar for a light bite and a drink. Wrong!!! A hotel of this caliber has nothing open past 10:00/11:00P.M.!!!! So it must be room service for us...wrong again!!! Room service stops at 11:00P.M. This is quite surprising to us as other guests were still checking in at a late hour. Not even an over priced bag of peanuts or a Toblerone in the room, as the mini bar service appears to have been discontinued (thankfully). I think hotel management should address this inadequacy, so other guests don't have to go to bed annoyed and hungry.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelmum222
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your honest review of the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa. I am very sorry to hear of the disappointing experience had while checking into our hotel. Though I am happy to know this did not take away from your overall experience. I can understand how upsetting it may be, not finding an open food outlet after arriving on a late night flight. Please know you comments have been forwarded to our executive management team for follow-up. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Ryan, Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,327)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have a 4 year old, 8 year old and a 10 year old and we all had a great time. The Hotel itself needs to be updated. For a five star resort everything looks a little old. Wonderful staff, amazingly kind to all of us specially to the kids. The manager went way beyond his way to get us the best room and he sure did. My kids didn't want to go anywhere but stay by water slides and the kiddie area so I didn't really went to the beach. I highly recommend this resort to families with kids.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LosAngelesAzi
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our resort. I’m delighted you and your family had an amazing experience. It sounds like your children really enjoyed the pools and waterslide. Your recommendation and feedback are greatly appreciated. I hope we can welcome you back to our resort in the future. Mahalo!

Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for a friends wedding. The staff was very helpful and courteous every step of the way. We have stayed at other hotels in Hawaii, and this hotel offers great value, along with the 5 star service you want to receive while on a vacation in Hawaii. The rooms were clean and well taken care of. The decor was refreshing too. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great room for a savvy price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Your recommendation is our biggest compliment! It’s always a pleasure to read when our guests have a fantastic experience. I’m pleased you found the staff to be very helpful and courteous. I’ll be sure to share your kind words with our staff. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt in the future. Mahalo!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This was a fantastic hotel. Great amenities, pool, activities, food, location you name it. I would def recommend this hotel to everyone and would come back in a heartbeat. I came with friends for a wedding but would also come back with my family.

• Stayed March 2013
Your recommendation and feedback are greatly appreciated. I’m delighted you found our resort to be well appointed and the amenities to be great. I hope we can welcome you back to our resort on your next visit to Maui!

Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I spent 10 days at the Hyatt Regency for a destination wedding I attended. The hotel was fantastic! I loved the view from my room. The pool was great where it featured a lot of seating, bars in and out of the pool, water slides, and great waitresses. The hotel also featured depts that helped plan for different types of activities outside of the hotel which was a great experience in Hawaii. Finally, the overall staff at the Hyatt was fantastic. They made sure that you had a great time knowing that people travel a long ways to get there. They were on top of many different requests I had. I absolutely loved the resort and can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Request ocean side view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa. We are so happy to hear you had an enjoyable time during your stay. Our staff is our number one asset; It gives us great pride knowing they held true to our beliefs of Authentic Hospitality. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon! - Ryan, Guest Relations Associate
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The Hyatt Regency was a perfect place to stay. It was beautiful...clean rooms, nice staff and beautiful views. Perfect location. I wouldn't stay anywhere else! I loved the coffee place outside by the pool...and the bars were amazing. I would recommend this place to anyone..family and/or friends.

Aloha Renee736!

Thank you for going out of your way to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed the time you spent at our resort. Your comments with regards to our perfect location and beautiful views are greatly appreciated. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next Hawaiian getaway.

Mahalo,

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I recently had a party of 30 stay at the Hyatt for our wedding. I could not have asked for a better hotel. The Service at the Hyatt is above excellent, anything you need they help you with such as delivery of wedding baskets to every guests room and finding a wedding gown expert to help steam my dress. The location is above none in the kannapali area and is on the beach walking distance to lots of great restaurants. The pools are beautiful and on hot days they bring around cool towels and Popsicles! You must also check out the spa I had two massages both therapists were excellent and the view of the ocean while you relax after your spa treatment is the only one of its kind. The gym even has an array of work out classes such as Yoga, Palates and boot camp that facility is open 24 hours so you East coast travelers who can not sleep can go over there Early morning (that is what I had to do for a couple days!). The hotel golf course is also excellent my husband and his friends went golfing the day of the wedding. You must also try Japenego their sushi restaurant its views of the Ocean are beautiful and the food is excellent a hint try the Asian pancakes and the spicy tuna roll, their deserts are divine. All in all you would be crazy not to stay here for your next vacation in Maui!

Room Tip: Ocean Front middle
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jennmatz28
Congratulations on your recent nuptials! We are so happy to hear you and your guests had an enjoyable stay with Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa. It gives us great pride to read such kind comments about your experience at our hotel. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon! - Ryan, Guest Relations Associate
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
#13 of 32 in Lahaina
Westin Maui Resort And Spa
Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa
The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!