“Black Swans & awesome manicure”

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
GreenLeadersSilver level
La Quinta, California
“Black Swans & awesome manicure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Wow what a unique experience! Side area of pool has Flamencos a Black Swan, White Swans & birds! Not to mention waterfalls, parrots, and penguins around the property. The staff is wonderful, the restaurants (Japengo's especially) were great, the room we stayed in had 3 Ocean view/ pool view balconies (679) corner unit felt like a condo, we were told recently remodeled. Planning on returning again! My manicures usually last 4 days but the quick simple manicure I asked for at their spa is still lasting! I recommend for hotel ambience and beach location. Hertz has a car rental agent on the property so easy car pick up at hotel.

1 Thank Heather B
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Yet another great review! We greatly appreciate the time you have taken to share your thoughts on our properties. The ambiance and location of our hotel really sets us apart and are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. The fact that you are planning to return tells us that we have have done our job. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon! - Ryan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,314)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

My family and I viisited Maui to attend a wedding and had a very bipolar experience staying at the Hyatt Regency Maui. The good things were great while the bad were awful.

First the bad.
Avoid the Napili Tower. It was $300+ for a room on the ground floor fronting a parking lot / construction staging area. The property is also undergoing a bit of construction at the moment, this fact should have been disclosed.

The room was not quiet. We could hear kids and other guests in the hallway. When I got to the room I discovered that the lights and clock were not all broken but that the previous guest had unplugged everything that could be plugged in. It didn't take long to figure out why none of the switches worked and although it was not a big deal for me to plug it all back in, this should have been checked before releasing the room to a guest.

...and the mini-fridge was broken.

Now the great...
First off, the resort is beautiful! Lush landscapes and positioned right off one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Acres of swimming pools cater to all ages...kiddie pools for the toddlers, slides for the kids, pool basketball for the teens and a bar for the adults. Although the place was booked full, there were always lounge chairs available. The restaurants were on the pricey side as to be expected but not outrageously so. The food was excellent!

I cannot stress this enough - What truly made my stay pleasant and really impressed me was the attentiveness and friendly service I received from all the staff. From the minute I exited my vehicle I felt welcomed. My bags were picked up at the curb, I got early check-in without a hitch, and was escorted to my room by a bellperson who treated the walk as a leisurely tour through a hotel that he was proud to represent.

In no time, I knew the entire layout of the resort; all the good places to eat and the quickest way to the pools. Upon arriving at my room, the bellperson immediately noticed that there was no crib and immediately called for one.

I will be returning to the property again in the next month or so and will update this review accordingly .

Room Tip: Avoid Napili Tower unless you get one on the opposite side of the parking lot. Higher floors obvious...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Mr_Domokun
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Honestly, it is an absolutely beautiful place. Even though it is a pretty large hotel, the way the grounds are built still makes it feel luxurious and intimate. The pool is huge and gorgeous with the kids pool being connected, but separate, it was really nice to not hearing tons of screaming kids. My husband and I really enjoyed drinking our coffee near the koi pond and feeling the morning breeze. The only down side to this hotel is that the parking area is very small. Unless you turn in by 8:30pm you'll have a hard time finding a spot and will be forced to valet your car for an extra fee... Which is ridiculous because you already pay a parking fee every day. All and all the hotel felt up-to-date and very clean. The staff was very friendly, even when you walked down the halls the housekeepers all said "Aloha". We even walked near all of the nearby hotels in Kaanapali and the Hyatt by far was the best.

2 Thank Kristi G
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Aloha Kristi G!

Thank you for going out of your way to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa. It's great to hear how much you & your family enjoyed relaxing by the pools. Our employees will be recognized for your comments with regards to how helpful & accommodating they are.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Islands!

Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

One of the nicest hotels I've stayed in.

Travelled with my wife to Maui after a week in Honolulu. After a decent cab ride ( better off hiring a car) we arrived at the Hyatt Maui. Greeted by friendly staff and helpful.

Room was a little dated but didn't need to stay to stay in the room for long based on the facilities at the hotel. Golf course. Shopping. Great pools. A cave bar you can swim to and a fun water-slide, the lava tube!

Restaurants were fine and staff were good.

Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: View of the pool.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richo251
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Your recommendation is our biggest compliment! Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa for your stay. I’m thrilled that you found the staff to be very friendly and the amenities to be very good. I hope that we can welcome you back to our resort in the future. Mahalo!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
Somerset, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in January 2013 and I was very impressed with the cleanliness and beauty of this facility. Great hotel lobby with adjacent shops. The service was always friendly and attentive. The rooms were clean and modern and my room looked out over the resort pools. The pool area is very large and has a lot for every member of the family. I thought the beach chairs around the pool were a little too crowded so on the last day of my stay I rented a beachside cabana.....Wow!!!...I wish I had done that before my last day. You get a lot more privacy, a reserved seat and a waiter who stops by and brings you fruit and water. Very much worth it in my opinion. The view from the Cabanas are unobstructed looking out to the ocean. All in all I had a wonderful time there and would highly recommend to anyone traveling to Maui. Although there are some good restaurants on site please try one of Maui's great restaurants on at least one night. There are so many good places to eat on Maui that you don't want to be limited to one hotel. Aloha!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kenneth P
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such a wonderful account of your stay at the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed our Cabana's. We too feel they are a great value and appreciate your kind comments. Please let us know when you are ready to make your next reservation. We are more than happy to assist in making for another enjoyable vacation. We look forward to welcoming you back to the property again soon! - Ryan
Wingham, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

After a long flight to Oahu, a short inter-island flight and then a long transfer to the hotel, it was a sight to behold! Beauty surrounded us and took our breaths away.
Valets and bellmen very helpful, and staff at checkin offered cold bottled water which was gratefully accepted after a long day.
3 nights not enough to relax here and also see all of the island, could have done with an extra day. My Hawaii, our agents, did well in picking this chain for our stay. Very happy, as hotel extremely busy but it did not seem that way as service in all respects was exceptional. Concierge did a great job sorting a couple of minor issues with no fuss.
Best breakfast anywhere!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Maureen E
Aloha wingirl58!

Thank you for taking a moment to share comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed relaxing with us after your long flight! Our employees will be recognized for the helpful service you experienced from your arrival with our Valet attendants, to your departure with our Front Desk associates. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to Hawaii. Your referral is greatly appreciated!

Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were staying at another Maui hotel and were having such a good time that we changed our airfare home by 3 days without checking for hotel availability. Alas, our hotel was booked and even though we checked every hotel on the west side of the island, there were only 2 with rooms, and the other one was over $500/night. So we ended up at the Hyatt. We were not told that there was a large construction project on site, and that the equipment would start up at 7:30 each morning right outside our window. There was nothing we could do, and they know it. I hate the feeling of being taken advantage of.

That feeling also prevailed when trying to enjoy food or drink on site. 2 frozen drinks by the pool was almost $30. They charged $5 for 2 piece of white bread toast. We ended up just leaving for every meal.

Having said that: The rooms are beautiful, the grounds are beyond spectacular, and you're on Maui. All of that makes the rip-off almost worthwhile.

Room Tip: Stay in the central tower or on the Tower on the south side. Construction next to the north tower wi...
Aloha uptowngirl57!

Thank you for taking a moment to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa. Your comments are greatly appreciated. We understand there are quite a few different dining options for our guests to enjoy as we are quite close to Whaler's Village. We hope to have the opportunity to bring you back for another relaxing stay.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Montage Kapalua Bay
Westin Maui Resort And Spa
Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort
The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas

Been to Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!