Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
$360
$299
Westin.com
  • Beachfront
Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$219
  • Beachfront
Kaanapali Beach Hotel(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$268
$257
getaroom.com
  • Beachfront
Lahaina Shores Beach Resort(Lahaina)
No availability for your dates from our partners
6,994 results
All reviewsswan courtatrium towerour honeymoonbreakfast buffetswim up barexotic birdsself parkingresort feewalk in closetpool areawhalers villagelahaina towerkaanapali beachpartial ocean viewmaui resortocean frontkids pool
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Overall very nice rooms and a beautiful pool located right on the beach.

Pros
Nice rooms, lovely landscaping, great pool.
Hotel also has an assortment of trained birds on site which are a big attraction with the kids.

Cons
Very crowded parking lot with extremely small spaces. Suggest you don't rent anything larger than a compact if you are staying here. Parking is especially a problem in the evenings when quests from around the island come to the luau.
Limited chair and umbrella space around pool, need to stake out your place early in the day.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank XiaohongZ
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed for four nights in early October, and loved it. A special mention of thanks to Jeff at check-in and the lovely ladies in the Regency Club, whose advice was spot-on, and whose aloha we will always treasure. We were in the Lahaina Tower, with rock star ocean views and sunsets over Lanai. Lots of people complain that there is no beach right at the Hyatt, but we found the beach directly in front of the Moana Spa to be excellent and uncrowded. Also loved the pool's water slide and dinner at Sonz! Finally, I'd like to give a special note of thanks to the amazing (local) artisans who set up their tables for Drums of the Pacific.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I’m delighted to read that you had such a fantastic stay at our resort. I will let Jeff and the Regency Club staff know that you found their service to be very professional and helpful. I’m glad that you found the beach by the spa to be excellent. It sounds like you really enjoyed your ocean view room. Thank you for your recommendation. We look forward to your return in the future. Mahalo!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed with Hyatt about a month ago. Beautiful place to stay. My husband and I went to honeymoon about a month ago and I stayed with Hyatt. We were very excited to come to Maui and staying with beautiful place like Hyatt. (Hyatt has very good reputation in Korea. It is very luxury hotel and very service oriented)
We went to do some activity and came back to my room and I realized our money that we brought it from Korea was gone. We left it on the table and it was in white old envelope, and it was worth about $1000 in America. We were very nervous and started looking everywhere to find it but we had no luck. We ended up with calling security but it was hard for us to communicate. Luckily there was Korean manager who worked in the hotel. I believe his name is Erik. He assisted security guys and they were looking for money but still had no luck.Erik explained this doesn't happened in Hyatt and he apologized for inconvenience and he said security will contact housekeeper in case it got mixed up with trash or towels.
Next day, my husband and I were waiting for response. But no one follow up with us and told us what was going on with this incident. We were very disappointed. I understand that it was our fault to leave the money on top of table instead of cage box, but i thought at least someone would tell us what is going on. with frustration we were having lunch in Umelu? restaruant. That is the time when Erik came and turn everything around. He was asking us if we found money or if we got any call from security or housekeeping. We told him no and started telling him about our frustration. Erik said "it is not exceptional, there must be miscommunication. I will find out what's going on and i will be right back with you." After 30 minutes he came back, and explained us that housekeeping or security couldn't find anything. He apologized be half on the hotel, then he started entertaining us, bought us lunch and sent wine to our room.
I am not here to complain about my money, and I am not planning to get it back. What I want to mention to you is Hyatt is known for best service hotel in Asia but not here for sure... But after Erik came and helped us, I felt like I was back in Hyatt which is known for best service oriented hotel. I also work in the hotel industry in Korea, and that's what exactly you need to serve guest. He is the best guy you can get, I wouldn't come back if Erik isn't there. But just because of him I will give word to my friends and I will also re considerate to come back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jinah l
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I recently honeymooned here. The staff were all so lovely, the pool area was very nice, beach area wasn't great. We had to pay more for a room with a view and it was worth it as they allocated us a room overlooking the car park. Not generous with free upgrades for honeymoons, everyone is on there honeymoon. Lol. Would recommend.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear Nicole1000:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa. Congratulations on your recent wedding and honeymoon celebration. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed relaxing by our fantastic swimming pools. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for many anniversary celebrations to come!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I visited here for my 40th Birthday.
The hotel itself is huge, the grounds are well kept & the hotel is thoughtfully furnished.
Our room was a std room with a balcony. It was situated at the rear (360) our view was poor. We looked out upon a flat roof & got a lot of noise from the Luah arena. The room itself was a good size & was clean. Our maid started off well but as the we got towards the end of our trip the we noticed the daily room service was declining. Things weren't being washed (glasses etc), coffee machine wasn't being put away, surfaces weren't being dusted. No extra effort was made by the maid in our room on my birthday despite there beings cards & gifts in my room, a little disappointing. I think if you require any thing like that then you have to speak to the concierge & of course there is an additional charge.
The staff here are OK. I wouldn't say that they go over & above what's required off them generally. They just do the minimum that's required. In fact the friendliest & most hospitable team were at Breakfast.
The breakfast buffet was charged at $54 per day incl tax, quite expensive in my opinion. The selection was good, but it is all self service after all & breakfast items are generally low cost. You can walk along the beach to the right of the hotel & you will find a beachfront Starbucks which is great !
The bar staff at the Hyatt were amenable although if your tip wasn't what they expected they would soon make it clear. The waiting staff around Uhulu were poor in the evening. Very slow service, not at all engaging & twice we walked away as we felt ignored.
The pool area is what you'd expect from a large US chain, lots of sunbeds packed in side by side, but all in good condition. You could hire a parasol for the beach or a bed with a canopy but these were $40 +tax per day !
Parking is not included in your room rate, it was $14 per day to self park or £21 for valet. Not enough car parking spaces, it frequently took us around 20 mins to find an available space & we often drove around 3 car parks to do so.
The beach that this hotel is situated on is quite small, you cannot walk to the Black Rock area. Swimming in the sea is tricky due to reefs & rocks & the strong waves that break over them. Not much to see snorkelling from this beach.
We tried the scuba course which begins in the pool & would then enable you to dive off of the beach to see one of the other reefs a little further out. Our instructor yawned constantly during the theory discussion, checked his iphone frequently & generally seemed very distracted. My partner is a qualified PADI this was my first experience. I failed the pool part & felt genuinely disappointed that I couldn't go out.I wouldn't entirely blame the instructor for my failure but I think his instruction could have been better & perhaps a little more enthusiasm & interest in his pupils wouldn't go amiss. I mentioned a foot problem that I had when completing the questionnaire, the instructor showed no interest & asked no questions about it.
Overall I felt disappointed with the lack of personal service we received, if I visited Maui again I would stay in a smaller hotel with a bit more individual style.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple