I stayed with Hyatt about a month ago. Beautiful place to stay. My husband and I went to honeymoon about a month ago and I stayed with Hyatt. We were very excited to come to Maui and staying with beautiful place like Hyatt. (Hyatt has very good reputation in Korea. It is very luxury hotel and very service oriented)
We went to do some activity and came back to my room and I realized our money that we brought it from Korea was gone. We left it on the table and it was in white old envelope, and it was worth about $1000 in America. We were very nervous and started looking everywhere to find it but we had no luck. We ended up with calling security but it was hard for us to communicate. Luckily there was Korean manager who worked in the hotel. I believe his name is Erik. He assisted security guys and they were looking for money but still had no luck.Erik explained this doesn't happened in Hyatt and he apologized for inconvenience and he said security will contact housekeeper in case it got mixed up with trash or towels.
Next day, my husband and I were waiting for response. But no one follow up with us and told us what was going on with this incident. We were very disappointed. I understand that it was our fault to leave the money on top of table instead of cage box, but i thought at least someone would tell us what is going on. with frustration we were having lunch in Umelu? restaruant. That is the time when Erik came and turn everything around. He was asking us if we found money or if we got any call from security or housekeeping. We told him no and started telling him about our frustration. Erik said "it is not exceptional, there must be miscommunication. I will find out what's going on and i will be right back with you." After 30 minutes he came back, and explained us that housekeeping or security couldn't find anything. He apologized be half on the hotel, then he started entertaining us, bought us lunch and sent wine to our room.
I am not here to complain about my money, and I am not planning to get it back. What I want to mention to you is Hyatt is known for best service hotel in Asia but not here for sure... But after Erik came and helped us, I felt like I was back in Hyatt which is known for best service oriented hotel. I also work in the hotel industry in Korea, and that's what exactly you need to serve guest. He is the best guy you can get, I wouldn't come back if Erik isn't there. But just because of him I will give word to my friends and I will also re considerate to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 40 oceanfront acres on Ka'anapali Beach, this AAA 4-Diamond award-winning resort is an authentic Hawaiian experience set in tropical paradise. Each of 806 guestrooms, including 31 renovated suites, affords Hawaiian elegance with private lanais and panoramic views. Amenities include oceanfront spa, 24-hour athletic club, half-acre pool with waterfalls and slides, golf, and tennis. Activities include Drums of the Pacific Lu'au, Tour of the Stars rooftop stargazing, cultural lessons, water sports, shopping on property and nearby, and wildlife tours with penguins, flamingos and more. World-class dining at Japengo, 'Umalu, Swan Court and Son’z—emphasize using locally grown ingredients to provide unique cuisine to suit every palate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Maui Hotel Lahaina
- Hyatt Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort Spa
- Hyatt Regency Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort And Spa Lahaina