My family recently stayed at this resort for 4 nights. I found that most of the service was excellent except for a problem with my booking. There was a descrepency with the booking, and even though I showed what the travel agent gave me, I had to have a firm discussion at check-out. The problem was eventually resolved in my favor, just stinks that this had to happen while on vacation at a nice resort.
The resort is absolutely clean and beautiful. There are swans, penguins, fish, and parrots for the kids to enjoy watching. The pool area is spacious and open 24/7.
If you are looking for a nice beach, you will not find this at the resort. You will need to walk several resorts away to get a beach wide enough to enjoy. I normally would find this to be an issue, however, the resort had chairs positioned in a way that still gave good visualization of the ocean.
One tidbit of information that I think is important. Like most resorts, things are expensive. Frozen drinks were $14.00 prior to tip, corn on the cob $4.00, kids shaved ice was $6.00, and so were the hotdogs. I thought charging $10.00 for a daily pool float rental was crazy as well. I just told my kids that we would ride down the street to purchase extra snacks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 40 oceanfront acres on Ka'anapali Beach, this AAA 4-Diamond award-winning resort is an authentic Hawaiian experience set in tropical paradise. Each of 806 guestrooms, including 31 renovated suites, affords Hawaiian elegance with private lanais and panoramic views. Amenities include oceanfront spa, 24-hour athletic club, half-acre pool with waterfalls and slides, golf, and tennis. Activities include Drums of the Pacific Lu'au, Tour of the Stars rooftop stargazing, cultural lessons, water sports, shopping on property and nearby, and wildlife tours with penguins, flamingos and more. World-class dining at Japengo, 'Umalu, Swan Court and Son’z—emphasize using locally grown ingredients to provide unique cuisine to suit every palate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Maui Hotel Lahaina
- Hyatt Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort Spa
- Hyatt Regency Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort And Spa Lahaina