“Relax and enjoy your vacation”

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 3, 2012

The Hyatt Regency on Kaanapali Beach is very large and has a lot to offer. While it may be difficult at times to find room around their pool(s), my family and I were able to find spots. And their pool system is fantastic, which is why we came back to the Hyatt. At 55 I even loved the lava tube water slide. You can either face your chair toward the pool, or toward the ocean and watch the sunset. It does get crowded at times, but the amenities are great and the staff very helpful. It is within walking distance to Whaler's Village for restaurants or shopping. One of our favorite places to visit and I'd go back.

Room Tip: Since we knew we probably would not spend a lot of time inside the room, we had a opted for a partia...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SaugusDoubleD
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

I am delighted that we were able to welcome you back to our resort. It sounds like you and your family had another great stay. I am glad you find the pool area to be fantastic. We have several different amenities and activities that our guests can choose from. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property again soon!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate

Write a ReviewReviews (6,661)

Reviewed July 2, 2012

The Hyatt Regency in Maui is a nice hotel with a great location on Kaanapali beach. However, it is VERY large and VERY crowded. The rooms are nice and the pool is fantastic and offers live music and great daily drink specials. However, it is very crowded making it difficult to find a spot to lay at the pool (and I went during the "slow time") and not the most relaxing experience. In addition, I've never been a fan of hotels where you have to wear a bracelet and have towel cards. Now, I do understand why they have to do this based on their busy location and I think this is fine if you are expecting this or with a family. However, I do not think this is ideal for a honeymoon or other romantic vacation. Overall, I think the hotel is nice, but it is just way too busy for my liking, especially for a Hawaii vacation. if you are okay with busy then this hotel may be great for you! If you are looking for a romantic, relaxing vacation, I suggest looking elsewhere.

I do, however, highly recommend the spa. I had a fantastic facial and one of the best massages ever here and they have nice common areas! I also recommend the gold floor if it is inexpensive to upgrade. You get free breakfast, snacks, drinks, and pupus at night (along with free mai tais or other beverage of you choice). we ended up eating larger lunches so the pupus at night were our dinner and they offered a nice selection of hot and cold pups. The only downside is that the lounge is inside and feels like any other airport lounge,. The view at the top is nice and there are a few balcony seats, but again it is not the most personal. I also found many of the guests to be rude and pushy, but again, maybe this is just because this is a large hotel!

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank krisbelledc
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Aloha krisbelledc:

Thank you for taking a quick moment to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the spa and the regency club . We also appreciate your comments regarding the pool, wristbands, towel cards, and look/feel of the Regency Club. We have shared this information with our Management Team.

We hope the next time you come to Maui, you choose the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa!

Reviewed July 1, 2012

We arrived on Maui after staying three nights at the Grand Hyatt on Kauai, which was an amazing experience. When we got to the Hyatt Regency I had high expectations. My first thought was that there are not enough people working in the lobby. Every time I went to the front desk I had to wait at least 5 minutes. There also were several times I called and the phone went unanswered.. so then I had to walk down to the desk and wait. For a Hyatt, that is disappointing service. When we got to our first room, it had two queen beds when we had asked for one king. The shower had hairs in it, the sink had rust all over it, and the air conditioner sounded like a train coming through the wall. The carpets looked like someone had been brutally murdered... stains ALL over. I complained and we were told a better room wouldn't be available until two nights later. I then had my travel agent call and the Hyatt said best they could do was move us the next day. So the next day we moved to the new room, which had a better view and seemed cleaner. However, after waking up the following morning, I discovered blood all over the duvet. In tears I called the front desk and they offered me a $50 credit for free lunch. $50 for being exposed to someone else's dry blood? After this we ended up switching to the Westin Maui, which was down the beach and much nicer. Aside from the room problems some other issues to keep in mind:

The beach is extremely narrow where the Hyatt is. If you want to lay on the beach you need to walk down in front of another hotel.

The front desk sucks. They aren't accommodating and don't care whether you are happy or not with their service.

We had breakfast included at this hotel, but every morning when we tried to go to Swan Court, the line was up two flights of stairs. The hotel told us to get there earlier. We got there at 7:30am. Don't know how much earlier I should be expected to wake up on my vacation. So we had to go to the place by the pool, which was more a la carte.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room at this hotel if you want a good room
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
19  Thank Kate S
Reviewed June 30, 2012

The pool and beach are fabulous; easy to get to from the hotel. Several dining venues to choose from.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great whether facing the ocean or the mountains.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the pool and beach area as well as the restaurants. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort in the future!

Reviewed June 29, 2012

The Hyatt was a beautiful place with a great swimming pool. The location is ideal and shopping is a short walk. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Aloha Jokr151!

We appreciate you going out of your way sharing feedback on your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Maui! It's great to hear how much you enjoyed lounging by our terrific pools. We will ensure our employees are recognized for the fantastic service they provided. Hyatt takes great pride with our employees offering the best in customer service. We hope to welcome you back on your next getaway to the Islands!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Hotel very nice grounds are beautiful pools ,lava tube slide kids favorite,Breakfast at swan court best breakfast i had the entire two weeks in Hawaii,only cons beach not real wide had to walk a liitle way down from hotel, but would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Your recommendation is our greatest compliment! It sounds like you and your family had a great experience at our resort. I am pleased you enjoyed the beautiful grounds. We take great pride in our property and want our guests to feel like they are in paradise from the moment they step into our lobby. I am delighted that you had such an excellent breakfast. Our chefs provide great food and a variety of options for guests to choose from. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt soon!

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Absolutely above and beyond our expectations! Breathtaking! Everyone one went out of there way to be nice and made sure you were treated perfectly! The ladies in the Regency Club were super friendly! Can't wait to go back! Room and view were picture perfect!!!!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Valerie F
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Dear Valerie F:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay with us, at our Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed the time with us. We'll make sure to recognize the ladies in the Regency Club for the great service they provided. Hyatt takes pride with this. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to the area!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui
Royal Lahaina Resort
Royal Lahaina Resort
#18 of 32 in Lahaina

Been to Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!