Taking our kids 5 & 6 on their first trip to Maui we were excited to stay at the hyatt after the great reviews both on this site and from friends and family. We decided to book a regency club room as we though it would be helpful as our boys require constant feeding. Our first problem arose when we found out that although we paid for a regency club room we were actually two floors below the actual regency club. So it was a bit of a trek form our room. No big deal we figured- not much time spent in the room any way. Then when when we got to the club we were extremely disappointed. Breakfast was ok- bagels, toast and general very lite continental affair. Lunch was cookies and peanuts. Dinner was one hot hordearve. One night it was shrip, the other a lettuce wrap. Alcohol was not included. So for the extra 150+ per night we received a light snack. Save your money- the regency club is a complete rip off.
The pools were nice, kids enjoyed the water slide. Beaches are very small and extremely rocky if you enter the water. We cut up our feet pretty bad. Food was average. Rooms small, lenai tiny, but we had an excellent full ocean view.
Also, if you have small children they have loud music playing until 10pm- which with the time change was 1:00am for our kids- so they were kept up and not happy.
Overall- the hyatt was an acceptable stay, but we had a much better experience at the kea lani.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 40 oceanfront acres on Ka'anapali Beach, this AAA 4-Diamond award-winning resort is an authentic Hawaiian experience set in tropical paradise. Each of 806 guestrooms, including 31 renovated suites, affords Hawaiian elegance with private lanais and panoramic views. Amenities include oceanfront spa, 24-hour athletic club, half-acre pool with waterfalls and slides, golf, and tennis. Activities include Drums of the Pacific Lu'au, Tour of the Stars rooftop stargazing, cultural lessons, water sports, shopping on property and nearby, and wildlife tours with penguins, flamingos and more. World-class dining at Japengo, 'Umalu, Swan Court and Son’z—emphasize using locally grown ingredients to provide unique cuisine to suit every palate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Jetsetter, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Maui Hotel Lahaina
- Hyatt Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort Spa
- Hyatt Regency Lahaina
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort And Spa Lahaina