“Holiday”
Review of Puamana Townhomes

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lahaina
Puamana Townhomes
Ranked #35 of 43 Specialty Lodging in Lahaina
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This was my first time at Puamana, but the family members I was traveling with had been coming here for years. You could not ask for a better location. The beach was nice and very quiet; waves enough to surf; and friendly families everywhere. The townhome was spacious - 3 guest bedrooms, 1 masterbedroom, 3 full bathrooms, tv room, kitchen, living room, spacious deck. This place literally had it all! A 5-10 minute walk into the cool town centre of Laihana, we stayed for New Years and had a great time. Be sure to check out Bubba Gump's shrimp factory!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Aaron T

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed in unit #20-4, located right on the water. Couldn't beat the sunsets over Lanai every night. Unit could use some upgrades, but overall a very nice place to stay. Facility very secure and quiet. The only issue I had was having to pay a daily property "usage" fee which (I thought) was a bit of a rip-off. If I can't find somewhere a bit less expensive the next time I visit Maui, would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank TOYOTAGPoulsbo
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have been staying at the Puamana since 2009 and we love it. Fits our lifestyle perfect. Surf right out your door and 3 pools. 2 pools for the kids. Safe community ( secure parking) and easy 15 min walk into town. Great for a group of friends or families.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank fototraveler3
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I love Maui and especially Lahaina. I have stayed in Kehei, Kaanapali and Kapalua as well, but none compares to Olde Lahaina town for my taste..

The Puamana is a reasonable walking distance to the core area of Lahaina and a beautiful walk it is. There is a path that connects to Front street about a ten-fifteen minute walk from the heart of Lahaina adorned with beautiful plants.

Puamana borders on Pumana beach. Surf is a little low in the winter but not bad for boogie boarding.

Has a nice pool on the ocean.

Because the units are owned by individuals there is quite a bit of variance in the quality of the units. My wife and mine was the dumpiest of the three we rented, but it was the unit we ended up congregating and BBQing in. Some look brand new inside and mine looked like it hadn't been renovated for years, but it was so homey I preffered it, even though there was a bit of an ant issue in the kitchen.

I was there with my wife, my brother & his girlfriend and my parents who are seniors. I disagree that this is a family resort. It isn't really what I would consider a resort, it is a gated community with some rental units.

I would rent a car because there is so much to see.

Must dos: Black Beauty helicopter rides, Catamaran snorkeling trip to Molokini Crater, cycling at Haleakala. Dinner at the Chart House.

Things I would pass on: Submarine tours, drive to Hana Ranch.

Aloha.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank Ross T
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Our family stayed in an ocean front town home in March of this year. The grounds are beautiful and there is plenty of green space for children to enjoy. The community is gated, there is also security that makes rounds several times per day. There are three swimming pools with one being ocean front that is designated for adults only. The only thing missing would be a spa hot tub. There is no daily maid service as each unit is individually owned and managed. We were happy that the unit we stayed in was updated and had a washer and dryer but there are laundry facilites on site. Some of the units that we saw were in dire need of updating.

Everyone enjoyed riding bicycles around the 30 acre complex. There is a lending library in the plantation style club house for guests to use.

Puamana is within walking distance to Lahaina. It was great to be able to see the cruise ships docked in the harbor.

Some of the town-homes back up to the busy highway so road noise could be a problem?

My only suggestion....choose your unit wisely as they are not created equal.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mauigrandgal
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I have stayed at the location twice--once with family and once with friends--and find this property to be a great place to relax after a good day of snorkeling, hiking, and pleasure seeking. The condos are "homey" and comfortable and the grounds are well maintained and close to the ocean. One year, I spent the morning just watching the whales swim and play right in front of the beach...very exciting and dramatic. Last traveled there in October 2011 and am very much looking forward to a return.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank myadventures4
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Puamana is a 28-acre site on the beach and within walking distance (20 minutes) of Lahaina. As it is on the dry side of the island, the weather tends to be better than in places like Kaanapali. As noted in other reviews, the rentals are from individual owners in this gated community and not managed through a central desk. As such, there is a rather wide range of quality in the units. Some have been nicely updated; others are a bit tired. Puamana drove me nuts because of the constant stream of loud kids EVERYWHERE: Skateboards on the roads; constant screaming at the pools and in general a good time was had by all. Well, by all under the age of 11. For families, highly recommended. For couples, not.

Room Tip: Try to get a townhouse away from the highway. Many back up to the main road from the airport and it...