“Great little stop ” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Tasting the Best of Maui Farm Tour
Ranked #3 of 31 things to do in Kula
More attraction details
Owner description: Our Dairy Farm is located on the beautiful slopes of Maui's Haleakala Crater in lower Kula and has been producing award winning “Maui Gourmet Goat Cheeses” for over 6 years. Come and take a tour of one of the Islands top Ag-Tourism venues and learn more about our goats and cheeses and what we have to offer.We hope you enjoy your visit to Surfing Goat Dairy. …and as they say in Hawaii... “Da' Feta Mo' Betta!”“Winner of 16 National Awards”“Best Goat Cheese spread in North America 2004, 2005 & 2006”
Spokane, Washington
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great little stop ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

This place is a bit off the beaten path but well worth it. The cheese, truffles, everything was great. Worth the side trip

1 Thank Mcjimmay

Maple Ridge, Canada
461 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 443 helpful votes
“Good cheese...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Enjoyed the cheese produced here since it opened. Been coming to the the farm with the kids as well. We have never done the tour, usually snack, sample,and visit with the animals. Cheese is expensive but really good. Prices range from $8 to $12, but packages can be purchased to save a few dollars. Some fun items to purchase too: soap, signs and shirts. Friendly staff, we will be back.

2 Thank Kevin D
Los Angeles
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Great for families with young kids (at a minimum...)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

Visited the dairy during a day trip to that part of the island. We have 5 and 7 year old girls who love animals--and everyone loved the experience. We went with the milking tour (starts at 3:15) and cost ~$15 pp. They loved seeing the baby goats, apparently November is at least one of the baby "seaons"...and there were lots of em! The feeding and milking was also a riot. I asked them to rate it for me--and they went with "awesome". The service is hit and miss--but after all, it is a goat farm in a somewhat remote part of Maui. I can't speak to the casual tours but if you have young kids that like animals--go with the milking tour. If you want to go explore the Kula area--I would definitely suggest checking this activity out.

2 Thank wjrosie
Gilroy, California, United States
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Come see surfing goats”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Something different to do and see this trip. Great cheese tasting and goat feeding. Took some funny pictures and bought lots of cheese to take home. Come see someone else's kids here too. But you can only eat the cheese products not the goats.

1 Thank Bob C
Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Slow start but turned out O.K.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I arrived at 12:30. Stood by the check in- purchasing counter and were ignored for 20 min. When one of the two ladies finally helped me, before she finished taking my money for the tour, she said "I'll be right back. Another girl asked if she could help me.
I told her I wanted to pay for our tour. She said I can't help you and she walked away. Another lady came and was able to help me. Tour was suppose to start at 1:00. Waited around until 1:20. Tour was informative. Purchased some cheese to be sent to daughter for Christmas.
Samples were good.