“Cute surfing goats!”

and up
Half-Day Guided Private Tour of Maui Island with Hotel Pickup
Ranked #3 of 36 things to do in Kula
More attraction details
Owner description: Our Dairy Farm is located on the beautiful slopes of Maui's Haleakala Crater in lower Kula and has been producing award winning “Maui Gourmet Goat Cheeses” for over 6 years. Come and take a tour of one of the Islands top Ag-Tourism venues and learn more about our goats and cheeses and what we have to offer.We hope you enjoy your visit to Surfing Goat Dairy. …and as they say in Hawaii... “Da' Feta Mo' Betta!”“Winner of 16 National Awards”“Best Goat Cheese spread in North America 2004, 2005 & 2006”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

One of our most pleasant stops, we loved feeding and petting the goats. And they all have names. Did not try to milk a goat but we did get to see them fed and milked. It was an interesting and family oriented operation and the goat cheeses were delicious.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,282)

Reviewed November 13, 2013

What a wonderful day! Goats following us all around like they were our family. I milked a goat for the first time. Best goat cheese ever in the end. A day I'll never forget!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

My wife and I love goat cheese, so why not stop at Maui's only goat cheese dairy farm, however, it didn't live up to expectations. The product was amazing, don't get me wrong. The variation of cheeses and other product produced with the goat milk was truly interesting and creative.

Now, the tour itself was a little disorganized and we didn't see any signs instructing us where to go or what times the tours run. We had to move our way through a crowd of people chowing down on the free samples to ask an employee. The tour we got hastily thrown in with was $10/person. It consisted of a walk up to one of the pastures where we pet and fed the goats. We were then brought down to the milking station and that completed our tour. Disappointing to say the least, but it was part of the experience! The tour guide was wonderful though during the process.

After the tour was complete, we had to fight the other tour-goers to get our samples of 6 varieties of goat cheeses. Meanwhile, other people who had just parked their vehicles and hadn't come for the tour were being invited to sample the cheese. Here is a tip - save your $$$, buy a bag of hay for $1 and feed the goats in the perimeter pastures on your own, (if allowed), then go to the counter and get your samples. It will save you $9/person!!!

Prices were a bit expensive, but that is to be expected as per the novelty of the product. If you're in the area, give it a try especially since the vodka distillery is right down the road; but don't go out of your way.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

First of all I want to say the soft chèvre here is so tasty! The feta is great too, and the truffles are rich but delicious but for me the chèvre is where it's at. All of it. So good. And on the tour they set out a pretty decent spread including brined olives and nuts - actually that was basically a great lunch for us. I'm hungry just thinking about it! We got to try a ton of different cheeses.

The tour itself is pretty cool, but not super long or exhaustive. So if you don't want to get too sweaty this will work for you provided it's not too hot outside. But you do get to see some goats and you get to feed them and even to milk one, which I thought was really really cool (I didn't grow up around a lot of animals). We also got to learn about the cheese-making process, which is interesting.

The dogs here are friendly and it's neat to see them herd the goats around. The staff is knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. And in the shop you can purchase cheeses, chocolate truffles, shirts, stickers, and signs (I love the goat signs!). Also very good cold lemonade! Or whey which weren't brave enough to go for - maybe next time!

1  Thank Tara M
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The staff is great and friendly, the tour is fun and the goats love tourist. The cheese sampling is fabulous and the gift shop staff is most helpful in guiding your choices.