“Starbucks who?” 4 of 5 bubbles

Grandma's Coffee House
Ranked #1 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Kula
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Hawaiian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout
Washington DC
“Starbucks who?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

On our way to Kula, my husband and I decided to stop by Grandma's Coffee House to pick up some coffee and snacks. We were quite impressed with our cafe mocha and iced coffee latte. Bold and flavorful coffee for all the coffee lovers out there. We also decided to pick up lunch and had an amazing meatloaf sandwich with a great side salad and their turkey club. Reasonable prices considering we were in HI. This place is a must!

Visited October 2012

• Korean first
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
“MUST SEE MUST EAT MUST REPEAT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

I can't emphasize enough how much I love this place. Our wedding photographer took us here after our esession. We got a cappucino and a chai - which was all made to order. This is one of the best chai's I've ever had and I drink them all the time. We also ordered a banana walnut coffee cake and I have to say it blew my mind. When we were getting ready to leave, I went back in and chose a bunch of other pastries to bring back to the South side. We ended up getting Rum Raisin banana bread, Banana chocolate chip and Banana coconut bread. I also chose pineapple coconut bars, cherry crumb cake and pumpkin pie. My whole family devoured it right away. Of course I had to go back and we did, so far 5 times since our trip! Get there early if you want bread, it goes fast. We arrived at noon the next trip and the bread was gone. Next trip we got bagels and lox. There was only one chef, so it took a bit since they were slammed. It was SO worth the wait! A HUGE toasted bagel, generous portion of salmon with red onions and capers with local Kula tomatoes. We was KILLER!
Next trip was more pastries and coffee. Great service, excellent food and incredible history.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank ericamcarr
Trbovlje
“Tasty coffee but a little bit to expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

We bought just a coffee, which tasted nice, but I thought it was to expensive. The deserts looked delicious though.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Seaside, Oregon
“Rainy Day Stop!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

It was raining when we stopped at Grandma's. A cup of coffee and a lemon pastry was what we needed while watching the rain. We had already made lunch plans. We should have stayed for the meatloaf sandwich as it looked delicious. Next time!

• Visited September 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Organic, Small Batch, Hand-roasted Coffee!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

A trip to Maui isn't complete without a visit to Grandma's. I always bring home a few pounds of their exquisite coffee beans. And they offer very tarty snacks and light meals along with their premium brews...generous, fresh snadwiches, plate lunch, yummy baked treats. and a great view from the tiny outdoor seating area!

• Visited August 2012