Ways to Experience Skyline Hawaii - Haleakala
More Info
from $238.54
More Info
2,057 results
All reviews zip lining zipline tour afraid of heights brown sugar great fun fun experience blast pono kyle tripping safety zips bobo ziplined fears company platform
Selected filters
Reviewed December 26, 2007

I was so excited for this tour. However, on my fifth zip, the guide told me I could walk off the platform. I ended up hitting my ankle on the platform and breaking it. I had to have surgery. It ruined my vacation and I could not snow ski this year. I felt the staff was young and unexperineced. I contacted the owner , and sent picutres but he did not reply. This activity is over rated.

19  Thank SFGrader
Reviewed December 23, 2007

We took the Kaanapali zipline tour on 12/18 and had a really great experience!

Our guides Luke and Earl were really friendly and competent. They served up a delicious lunch halfway through the tour at a picturesque and comfortable lookout platform. We were glad we chose the Kaanapali tour over the Haleakala one because it had more zips and was closer to our hotel. However, at $140 per person, we felt it was a bit pricey. The timing of our pickup and return shuttles was a bit slow due to our driver having to do double duty running the front office operations and driving the van that day--it wasn't our driver's fault; they were short a staff person. We were amazed that the other family that went on our tour didn't tip the guides at the end--they did an excellent job.

It was a fun day and we appreciated the great water bottles!

6  Thank Gwen H
Reviewed December 15, 2007

We went ziplining after we watched the sunset on the crater (you will pass Skyline Eco Adventures on the way). When we first got there, we did not like our two guides at all - they were obnoxious and cocky. I really wanted to see if we could change guides.

Then we started the hike - just a short walk to the first zipline - it's very easy - if you are doing this for the first time, it's perfect. Then each zipline gets faster and longer - until the last one - which was pretty scary at first. No one wanted to go first and then my husband volunteered - he held his video camera the whole time - it was very cool watching the playback. I wish all the ziplines were that long and fast! You will love it!

Getting back to the guides - yes, they were obnoxious and cocky, but by the last zipline - we ended up having a great time BECAUSE of them. We know they probably rubbed some people the wrong way, but they ended up being really funny and made the trip that much more worthwhile. I actually would recommend them now - their names are Jay and Max.

So - don't miss this zipline tour - it's definitely worth it.

6  Thank RLSAR
Reviewed November 16, 2007

I'm really glad we were able to go on a zipline tour during our stay in Maui. We heard about Skyline Eco Adventures when booking our trip to Hawaii. But we found they were fully booked through January for their Haleakala zipline tour (their cheaper tour... they also have a course in Kaanapali that is more expensive). We decided to try calling them while we were in Maui to see if they had any cancellations and they had some on a couple different days!

The temperature up at Haleakala (I think we were at 4500 ft above sea level) was cooler and drier than down at the beach in Kaanapali. It was around 70 degrees.

Not only were the 5 "zips" a blast themselves, the staff really made this an enjoyable (and safe) experience. Jeff and Jimmy were in charge of our group of 10 or 12 and were friendly and had us all laughing and enjoying ourselves right from the get-go. I felt they were fully in control of the situation and checked our safety gear multiple times throughout the afternoon.

The last zip is 750 feet long over a small canyon and you hit speeds up to 40mph! It was a total rush!

We HIGHLY recommend Skyline for a great experience!! :-)

6  Thank KWMSeattle
Reviewed November 1, 2007

The whole thing consisted of five ziplines each one progressively higher and longer…each one more fun and exciting than the previous. Each line is named after a bird that they have on captivity. The brief history/background of the bird is narrated by one of the guides prior to ziplining. Our guides were laid back and fun. The hike to the zipline is super short and the suspended bridge is fun and cute.
The experience wasn’t as terrifying as we thought and VERY much worth it. We did the Haleakala one (there is a West Maui one as well), the only complaint would be that we didn’t see any waterfall…as a matter of fact we didn’t see a drop of water as we went during their dry season (October).
This is a MUST for anyone who loves outdoor activities…Zipline #5 (the last one) was EXHILARATING!!

6  Thank happyyogi