“Views were nice, food was ok”
Review of Kula Lodge

Kula Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
Kula Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 16 Restaurants in Kula
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Families with children
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Haleakala Hwy
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went here for breakfast after seeing the sunrise at Haleakala and it was pretty disappointing. I read several reviews about going here for breakfast so we added it to the schedule. It is a very quaint place and the view was nice but the food was just ok. We had the pancakes and they were just meh. My husband did have the coconut syrup and said it was good. I did enjoy the bacon though.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,383)

Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

Hungry after our very early morning sunrise adventure on Mt. Haleakalā, this was the first place we came to on our trip down the mountain, so we decided to stop.

We are glad we did

This is a beautiful place, set on the side of the mountain at 3000 feet above the valley below. It is a warm, rustic place beautiful gardens and good food.

We had macadamia nut pancakes with coconut and maple syrups, served with island fruits and the “No Ka Oi” Omelet with Portuguese sausage, roasted poblano peppers, onions, cheese, breakfast potatoes, and honey wheat toast.

Both the pancakes and the omelette were very good. The coffee and hot tea were also excellent.

While the food was very good, it was the spectacular view through the large picture window at our table and a stroll through the gardens that made it such a great experience.

The service was gracious and fun.

Perfect stop for us.

1  Thank Trav1500
Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

Breakfast at Kula Lodge was included in the Haleakala Sunrise Tour that my wife and I took. The wait was very long, though I think that is attributed to the tour company more so than the restaurant. However, the wait would have been more acceptable if there was not a server who made us feel unwelcome. I have no clue of the arrangement that the Lodge has with the tour companies for the breakfast and gratuity for the servers. Further, I shouldn’t have to know anything about that. We should still be considered guests. We should still be treated courteously, in my opinion. I had the French Toast. It was pretty good. I can’t recall what my wife had, but she was pleased. I have quite an appetite for breakfast food. If the servers had offered me a menu, I would have ordered something more, paid, and tipped. Perhaps we weren’t allowed to do that; again, I don’t know. But, I didn’t not feel accommodated there. On the plus side, the “botanical garden” is cute. Since the Lodge has an agreement with the sunrise tour companies, they would profit from selling more Haleakala souvenirs as well as their current selection.

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

Went to dinner and was looking forward to crab cakes and a salad. When we went to order, most of the items had run out and given that it was only 7:30p that was a surprise. The waitress was really flippant about it, and I will not be back.

Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

Wow, great food excellent service and awesome views. Indoor or outdoor dinning. Great pizza baked in an brick oven. Juicy steaks and of course tasty fish. Can't go wrong. Go downstairs after dinner view the art work and walk the grounds. Enjoy!

Been to Kula Lodge? Share your experiences!