“Hawaiian music to swoon by at the Kula Lodge”
Review of Kula Lodge

Kula Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
Kula Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 16 Restaurants in Kula
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Families with children
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Haleakala Hwy
Reviewed March 25, 2014

What a treat to discover and enjoy the live Hawaiian music at the Kula Lodge. I go to the Lodge a couple/three times a month since it is near my home. I was SO stoked to be able to enjoy a duo called II Pono (as in the number 2). They play in the lounge on Friday and Saturday's 6pm-8pm and Sundays from 11:30am-3pm. I was there on Friday. Their voices are divine and playful as they sang, non stop, from 6-8pm. Mostly older contemporary Hawaiian music, some other older contemporary music like Jimmy Buffett, etc. I've lived on Maui since the mid 70's (arrived for my 20th birthday) and can sing along to most Hawaiian golden oldies (C&K, Onomana, etc). Rain was pelting the bay window in the lounge as the fire crackled and it was totally upcountry Maui.
Lots of folks (visitors) seemed to be stopping in on their way down the mountain or back from Hana. II Pono could play most requests. I might be a little 'dated' in the music I like but it seemed to be so perfect for a cool upcountry evening, a glass of red wine and 'broke the mouth' pizza :)

1  Thank MelissaMcCoy
Write a ReviewReviews (1,373)

Reviewed March 23, 2014

While exploring upcountry Maui on a rainy day, we stopped for lunch at the Kula Lodge. It would be a spectacular place if the quality of the food actually even came close to the stunning setting and views but alas, this was not the case, at least in our experience . I had the quinoa salad which was truly mediocre, completely lacking in creativity, dry and virtually tasteless, while my husband's fish sandwich was likewise dry, tasteless and overlooked. An unfortunate disappointment.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We stopped here on the way to Haleakala for a late lunch. The views are spectacular especially on a clear day. BUT, the service did but a damper on it. No silverware on the table, weren't offered water and then all our food came out at once. Rule of thumb -- an appetizer is first, then an entree!!

Kudos to the bartender for a very good Mai Tai!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Gorgeous setting, great view, excellent food and service. Outdoor seating is spectacular. Indoors is lovely. Food was fresh and good.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Came here for the sunset and dinner. However the weather clouded over and we were not able to see the sunset. The atmosphere of the restaurant is very, very nice. The waitress was nice. However we were very disappointed with the dinner and especially with the cost. My husband ordered Ahi to be cooked local style, however it could have been a lot better and for the small piece of fish it was $36.00 - not worth it!!! I had the ribs which had two small sets of ribs, one of which was delicious and meaty but the other was very dry and hardly had meat on it. The dessert was just a piece of pie, but little did we know it would cost us $9.00 - just for a piece of pie! Well we decided that this restaurant is just not worth our time and money, which is unfortunate since we are kamaainas.

1  Thank olollyberry

Been to Kula Lodge? Share your experiences!