“Highlight of our trip! A must do!”

Chez Klio -Maui Cooking Class
Canada
“Highlight of our trip! A must do!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We went to Maui for our honeymoon. We love cooking at home, so taking a cooking class was a treat for us. Chef Yasko is a great teacher. We cooked 4 dishes that we selected. We used local ingredients and she gave us many tips on how to replace those so we could cook the same dish back home! We can recommend this class to anyone even if you don't cook at home, it is fun and enjoyable! The recipes are very tasty and easy to follow. Chef Yasko is very welcoming, kitchen is well-equiped and the atmosphere is relaxing. Both of us are European and food lovers. We were impressed with Chef Yasko's knowledge and passion for great food.

Visited October 2013

Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Awesome Day with Yasko”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Our family of 4 (all adults) spent a wonderful day with Yasko cooking Thai Golden Cup, Beef Satay, Stuffed Chicken Wings (a winner!) and Lemongrass Fish. The food was delicious and plentiful and the instruction was very professional. We felt very welcomed in Yasko's beautiful home. It was a great experience and we loved the dogs too!

Visited November 2013
“Wonderful class!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The cooking class was definitely one of the highlights of our trip to Hawai'i. Yasko is a very warm, welcoming person who immediately made us feel at home, and her instructions were detailed and entertaining at the same time. We learned a lot about Thai food, spices and cooking techniques but she also encouraged us to play with the seasonings and condiments to make a dish that satisfied our individual taste buds. Yasko's assistant Suzanne made sure everything ran smoothly by helping with a lot of the prep work so we could just focus on cooking.

We were welcomed by a cup of delicious coffee (grown and roasted by Yasko) and a flatbead fruit pie which was absolutely yummy. Under Yasko's supervision, we made stuffed chicken wings (such a fantastic idea for entertaining!), maui pineapple curry, best beef satay ever and thai sukiyaki - without exception the food was to die for! We also had plenty of leftovers for dinner that night. The dessert - Mango Melba - goes into the category of "best desserts we ever ate". Highly recommended!

Visited August 2013
Taipei, Taiwan
“Truly Enjoyable”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Chef Yasko's cooking session was relaxing and enjoyable. Thai food cooking was not as complicated as I thought. With big help from Chef Yasko, we completed 4 dishes: "fragrant chicken salad", Maui gold pineapple curry", "Thai beef & fruit salad" and "Thai sukiyaki" I was immesely attracted by "Thai red curry (gold pineaple curry)" that I immediate replicated and tried out the recipe as soon as I got home. A big success, of course. Chef Yasko was very friendly and food was tasty. Her countryside home was snug & cozy. We were served with wine or beer and homemade apple tart right after we stepped into the house. In the middle of the cooking, we even got chance to say hi to the "chameleon" at her backyard. Also, it is interesting to visit a real Maui neighbourhood.
This cooking class was truly one of my favorite activities in Maui. As the first people from Asia (Taiwan) signed up this class, I sincerely recommend this unique and enjoyable cooking session. And I am sure that I will sign upt Chef Yasko's class again when revisit Maui in the future.

Visited July 2013
El Dorado Hills, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fun experience”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a day learning to cook 4 dishes. At first I thought it would be awkward being in someone's house but it was very welcoming, clean and organized for our event. The dishes that we created were delicious. The recipes were complex enough to feel challenging but the instruction was great. We feel that we can recreate the dishes at home. I'd give the event 5 stars, however, we didn't eat until after 2pm and we were absolutely starving by that time.

Visited July 2013