“Great views and lots of fun!”

Proflyght Paragliding
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Proflyght Paragliding offers tandem and solo instruction. Each participant will fly with a certified instructor, no experience is necessary. After running six to eight seconds, The guest will find themselves soaring high above Maui. After an amazing experience, the guest and instructor land in a grassy field next to the "Alii lavender farm." Continuous operation for over ten years, seven days a week, year-round.
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Great views and lots of fun!”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

This was so fun and easy! One minute you're running down a hill....the next you're in the air soaring and enjoying the views. Dexter was great, giving easy to follow instructions, and taking several spins after asking whether I enjoyed roller coasters. We were lucky to catch several air pockets that lifted us even higher, so we were able to stay in the air longer than I anticipated. This was a wonderful activity and experience!

Visited December 2012

Swarthmore, Pennsylvania
“Fly an aircraft or ride a bike?”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Without a doubt this was the best experience my wife and I had on our Maui honeymoon. Dexter and Paul were very professional and it was clear that safety was their first priority. Flying above the trees was sureal and the guys were happy to answer all of our many questions during our whole experience. Especially loved the 'roller coaster ride'! You can really tell that these guys love what they do.
Thank you!

Visited December 2012
Santa Barbara, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“i have found a new obsession!”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Prior to my last-day paragliding adventure with Proflyght Paragliding, it had been a pretty disappointing trip to Maui. I've been to the island six times, and always stayed at the same hotel, but this time it seemed as if a sea-change had taken place. We recognized no staff members, the security treated us as if we were criminals, and weather conditions contributed to some of my activities being cancelled. On my last morning, I had an appointment with Dexter from Proflyght Paragliding. I was super excited about this activity, and just had a feeling that it might save my otherwise disappointing vacation. Turns out I was beyond right! I happen to live in Santa Barbara, which is known (at least on the mainland) for good paragliding, so I knew that if I enjoyed my tandem trip, I could pursue this activity at home. My partner and I had a lovely drive upcountry and before I knew it, we were at the landing spot for Proflyght! Dexter and company were super nice and facilitated my excitement for this sport, recommending me both a school and an instructor at home in Santa Barbara. I had signed up for the shorter flight, but as soon as I took off I regretted it and wished I had gone for the longer one. You feel like you are flying. It is so relaxing, and yet you know how much skill is needed to pilot this type of craft. I can't wait to start learning at home. I love to scuba dive, and the best way I can describe it is like you are scuba diving in the air instead of under the water, although the learning curve apparently is steeper than for diving. In any event, I am going to call the school at home and sign up for lessons so hopefully the next time I go to Maui I can fly with Dexter again with some flight hours under my belt, or even as a novice pilot! This is totally a MUST DO on Maui, forget the boring helicopter rides and feel, while awake, what it's like in the dreams you have when you're flying (I know I've had them since I was a kid!) Thanks, Proflyght...you guys (along with Lahaina Divers) pretty much saved my trip.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank tropicaltraveler429
Rye Brook, New York
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

If you've done the major attractions, I would so recommend this experience. Dexter and his crew were comforting, friendly and professional.

Visited August 2012
Maui, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Flying into Forty”
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

I did this on my fortieth birthday and was it ever worth it! We did the 3000 foot launch and it was fantastic to be able experience a true birds eye view. So quiet and peaceful, it was a great way to begin my fortieth year. Visitor or long time resident, this is one thing that you definitely want to experience. The pilots are fun, friendly, positive, and safe. Thank you Dexter and crew!