“Great Experience Great Food”
Review of O'o Farm

O'o Farm
Ranked #5 of 32 things to do in Kula
More attraction details
Owner description: O'o Farm is an 8.5 acre diversified, sustainable farm in upcountry Maui. Owned and operated by pacific’O restaurant, O’o Farm grows organic produce for Chef McDonald.
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Experience Great Food”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a hour and a half tour of an organic produce farm in a small group setting, followed by a sit down lunch served outdoors with the ingredients you just helped pick. We had fifteen people on the tour today and we met most of them. You can bring a bottle of wine to have with your lunch and it seemed everyone did. This farm supplies much of the produce for Pacific'O and I'O restaurants in Lahaina, Maui. Your meal is prepared in an outdoor kitchen with a chef that is more than willing to have you in his kitchen to ask questions and observe. We have eaten at both of the restaurants and wanted to see their farm. It did not disappoint. I recommend this for couples. I think it would not be suitable for children. You will do some hiking at 3500 feet.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank RonGStCloud

Maui, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fun, educational, inspiring and tasty experience. Highly recommend!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

My friend surprised me by inviting me to join her to an O'o Farm tour.
Living on Maui, I have heard of a O'o Farm. It is a farm dedicated to growing produce solely for its two restaurants and O'o Farm in Kula.
The day started with us parking in a general green grass area and waiting for our guide to introduce himself and the farm. We met a number if the other attendees as we had arrived early. It was interesting to meet the different people who are visiting our Island and where they are from and what brought them to this type of tour.
Our tour was walking tour and we scaled the hillside and saw many different types of trees, coffee, flowers, fruits, herbs and lettuces.
Our guide encouraged us to taste the different leaves and flowers. The flavors were amazing!
We learned how the farm started off as a commercial type of farm and then switched over to organic and the challenges they experienced in doing so. It was very interesting.
The tour finishes up with watching coffee being roasted right there on the property. Later we tasted the coffee and it was the BEST coffee I have ever tasted.
And then we had lunch... Specially prepared by Chef JJ Johnson and from the greens that our tour picked straight from the garden. I have never tasted such an amazing assortment of vegetables lettuce and herbs. Truly a treat :-) Lunch included veggies, salad, crusty bread, and two entrees, one with caramelized tofu and the other with fish. And at the end of lunch is when they served the most amazing coffee along with chocolate truffles.
This was an amazing experience to all the senses.
I will definitely do this again :-)

Visited October 2013
1 Thank BYDESIGNMaui
Oakland, California
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Fresh lunch at O'o Farm in Kula”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This is a real treat in Maui. Head upcountry to Kula for the O'o farm tour and gourmet lunch. O'o Farm is owned by the owners of Pacific'O, I'O, the feast of Lele and Aina market. They provide a tour that lasts about an hour and tell you all about their garden where they grow all their own vegetables and coffee beans. At the end of the tour you pick the mixings for your lunch salad. The food is incredible and the views are the best! It may be a little steep at $50 per person, but it is well worth it for great food, entertainment and education. Don't forget to bring a bottle of your favorite wine! I've been there twice and I plan on going back again.

Visited December 2012
Leesburg, Virginia
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Incredibly fresh, you pick it, meal”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This was a first for us. A farm that supplies Pacifico and I'o restaurants in Lahina. Located up country in Maui, it is a working farm with a variety of fresh fruits, vegetables and coffee. After a walking tour with the "farmer" who tends the grounds, we met the resident chef who introduced us to some of the vegetables and fruits harvested earlier in the day. After telling us about what was going into our meal, we set off to pick a variety of greens that would make up our lunch. We learned a lot, had some fun and saw or picked everything that we would soon eat. If you like fresh, if you like tasty, then this is someplace you should try. The day we were there it was cloudy and cool and rustic. This is someplace to come for a good meal and a fun experience. Don't expect fresh linens on the table....the bathrooms are porta potties set to one side of the growing fields. Roosters and chickens wander around and food is served on picnic tables. But its all wonderful and the views are magnificent.

Visited September 2013
Escondido, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Just do it!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The best island experience we have had to date. LOVED everything about it from picking greens, to roasting coffee and chatting with the chef. The rustic farm table where we gathered for a gourmet lunch was just perfect, picturesque and earthy feeling. Our table mates were just delightful. By the time our 4 hours together were up we were exchanging email addresses and making plans to meet for drinks. Here's a little 'secret' too- go to I'O or Pacific'O after your farm tour, let them know you had the farm experience and the chef will prep a special extra appetizer for you!

Visited July 2013