“Great View and Beautiful Flowers”

Ali'i Kula Lavender Farm
Book In Advance
More Info
$325.00*
and up
Tasting the Best of Maui Farm Tour
Ranked #1 of 2 Shopping in Kula
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We loved this stop on our car ride. It has fantastic views on your way up to the farm and also on the way down. Even though the lavender was not blooming the grounds are beautiful and you can easily spend a few hours walking around the grounds. There also is a nice shop where you can buy lavender products but they are expensive.

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"both sides"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Great stop along the way to Maui Winery, and on the way to Haleakala Natl Park. Take your travel mug and they will give you FREE lavender coffee or lavender tea. Great scones, fantastic view from their balcony where you can relax and enjoy your scones, etc.

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

First let me say that I have loved the Lavender farm since I visited two years ago. I purchased some lotion there and have ordered products. I enjoy the Facebook posts and have shared them with friends.

Two years ago we arrived too late for the tour so we just explored on our own. A week ago we went to visit the farm again timing our visit so we could go on the tour. For a $12 fee we took a short tour outside, which I enjoyed. I liked our guide. She was very interested in plants. I learned about the different types of lavender and their uses. Then our guide took us inside and we toured all the various products we could purchase. It felt that this "tour" was simply an attempt to provide an opportunity to sell products. I was very disappointed.

I offer these suggestions. Make the tour a real tour of the farm. Discuss why you grow what you grow, your farming practices, what you sell commercially, what plans you might have for the future. Talk about what you use in your products and why, and what products you like. You can sell products without calling a sales opportunity a tour.

The day we visited there was no admission fee. I would really have been ticked had I paid for admission AND the tour.

I'm sorry to feel the need to write this. I want to see the farm survive and thrive. I understand that the farm needs money to do that but this practice really turned me off.

2  Thank Janice G
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Lavender farm is a lovely garden to visit on Maui, very peaceful, fresh, with amazing view of the ocean. Highly recommend to visit.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The Ali`i Kula Lavender farm was a big surprise stop when our small tour bus driver pulled in the parking lot. I never knew there was such a lovely place on Earth. I enjoyed walking around the farm as there were other beautiful plants and arrangements to see and a fantastic view from many spots. The gift shop was full of things I never encountered before and I shopped to my delight. The is a must see place when you are in the area and one of my fondest memories of the Island.