“Ali'l Kula Lavender Farm”

Ali'i Kula Lavender Farm
Ranked #1 of 3 Shopping in Kula
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and I didn't want to make the trip all the way up Haleakula for the views of Maui. Instead, we found the lavender farm. The $3.00 entrance fee and hour and a half were well spent. It was a quick drive up on the Kula Highway (37) and then we went back down through Makawao to Paia (either or both worth a stop as well). The farm itself had interesting gardens as well as the lavender fields. There was a small shop for refreshments, a bite to eat and to purchase the lavender products. The store is a bit pricey but each to their own. Many visitors, however, brought lunch and had a picnic on the grounds. After a self-guided walking tour (see website for guided tour times and costs), I relaxed on the deck with great views while my wife shopped a bit for friends back home. The farm is also right next to a paraglider landing zone. We were there mid-morning and there were several coming out of the clouds to land about 50 yards from our car. The cooler weather on the volcano was also a nice break from the heat of beach side. The farm is not everything you'll do in a day but is a nice trip to this part of Maui when coupled with other activities.

1  Thank mm4420
Write a ReviewReviews (1,108)
All reviews
in 22 reviews
"nice stop"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I live on Maui and love to visit the Alii Kula Lavender Farm. It is only $3 per person. In July 2013 they had a special if you bring in canned food for charity - you will get free admission - not sure how long that will last.
The views are amazing and the grounds are full of all kinds of botanical beauties! From protea, succulents, magnolia trees, buddahs, fountains and yes.... lavender. Many varieties. Nice for a stroll throughout the gardens, and then you can stop at the gift shop for a cup of lavender tea and a lavender scone. There are tables where you can relax or choose from one of many benches or sitting areas throughout the property.
Afterwards, we like to go to Paia for a lunch and shopping then take a dip in the ocean on the North Shore. Enjoy!

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We stopped at this farm for breakfast as part of our bike trip down Haleakala volcano. Felt like $45 for breakfast for three people was too much especially when two of us split a burrito! Pack breakfast in a cooler and take it with you in the chase van. That way you can enjoy the view and save a few dollars.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

This was likely the highlight of our visit to Maui! I personally didn't expect much, but it was well worth the travel up the volcano. Despite the rain and mist, it was actually a relief to go here considering the hot lowlands we were in just minutes beforehand. Once inside the gate, we looked up and thought this was a tiny attraction. Don't judge too quickly! We were about an hour before closing time and paid half price. The lavender farm is absolutely beautiful! The wonderful aroma all around, and gift shop (although items are a bit pricey) is amazing. We even photographed a gravid female Triceros jacksonii found on a plant! We wanted to pickle it along with all the others, but were going directly to the airport afterwards. Lucky lizard. but we'll get you next time!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I am a passionate fan of Lavender and grow my own for personal pleasure to share with others.
I have heard of this farm for years and finally came to visit the farm with a tour, treasure hunting, great information, gifts to share and ended my day with lavender scones and lavender tea. I was in Lavender heaven. I only wish I could have met Ali'i and absorbed his passion and love for this herb, this beauty of life. I could feel and see his dream as I walked his grounds.
I have a few suggestions for the team who works and shares this lifestyle that he wanted to share with the public.
His plants are needing of care and trimming sooner than later. I could see that the plants are hungry for that passionate human who adores its existence. Overgrown Lavender will not produce a healthy crop. Yet they strive to reproduce new babies for the future...its still not too late.
The farm and its product, the atmophere is in the air.....it would be a shame to let this dream, the only Lavender Farm in Hawaii become just another tourist shopping stop without the love of its workers and partners.
Do not get me wrong...I had a wonderful time walking, smelling, sharing with his staff, the passion I have, like Ali'i....its such a special place.
I wish you well if and when you can create more experiences for your fans.
I would be the first to return if I come by your way. Keep his dream alive and expose this wonderful journey.
What a wonderful place to visit in the island of Maui.