“great choice”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kula
Kula Sandalwoods Inn & Cafe
Ranked #2 of 5 Specialty Lodging in Kula
Charleston, South Carolina
“great choice”
Reviewed June 30, 2010

we spent one night in one of the cottage and we loved everything: it was quiet, the view was amazing, the cottage was very clean and comfortable, the staff was extremely friendly (and we were the only guests as they were closing for vacations), we had a very good breakfast, we could have spent more nights here if we didnt have to catch our flight!!

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Stephachicago

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Ellington, CT
Reviewed May 10, 2010

We didn't stay at the Kula Sandalwoods Inn, but we ate at the cafe on our way back from watching the sunrise at the top of Haleakala. The views from the outdoor dining area were great, the air was crisp, the owner was friendly, and the food was amazing. I'm not really a breakfast person, but just the presentation and the smells made my mouth water. My husband and I would recommend eating at this cafe to anyone visiting the area.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank elogan80
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed January 20, 2010

The owners are very friendly and helpful. Our room was very comfortable. Great view. Great brunch at the restaurant.

However, there was no heater in our room. No internet access.

Good overall.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ann1001
Los Angeles
Reviewed July 16, 2008

My wife and I have stayed at this Inn frequently over the past five years. This little hillside cottage Inn is my choice when on Maui. It is far from the resort area crowds, yet only 20 minutes to the beach. On this trip, I brought the whole family and we stayed in two of the cottages. The rates were very reasonable at under $135/night. What a perfect vacation. The kids are still talking. Our experience from check-in to check-out was seamless. The staff truly embodies the “aloha spirit”; friendly, accommodating, and knowledgeable; and consistent with my previous stays. The cottages are spotless, clean, comfortable, and quiet. The furnishings are high-end resort, but there is nothing snobby about this place. I call it simple, but elegant. The cottages feature art by local artists and fresh cut protea flowers that are grown on the property. A local Hawaiian legend is displayed in the cottage, which we all found to be fascinating and educational. The cottages promote an local island flavor. Step outside the balcony door, and you will have a smashing view of the west Maui mountains, central Maui and several beaches. We had the best unobstructed view of sunset every evening. The location is great for all of the outdoor activities upcountry Maui has to offer : horseback riding, hiking, Haleakala National Park. You won’t be in a rush to see the sunrise, as it is only a short 45 minutes to the summit from here. This Inn is a place to get away from it all. Peaceful, wide-open spaces and fresh crisp air. We’ll be back!

Firefighter M

• Stayed June 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank capete
Jackson, WY
Reviewed June 20, 2008

The hillside location is a gem, but this ancient accomodation will disappoint you. If your needs are VERY basic, and you wear earplugs at night, you might wake up happy. On the other hand, I woke up numerous times, trying to ignore barking dogs. Of all of the places that my husband and I stayed on our vacation to 3 islands, the Kula Sandalwoods was our least liked. Needless to say, I am quite suspicious of the 100% positive review below. I don't see how it is possible that we stayed in the same Inn. Folks, don't say I didn't warn you. Spend your $159 elsewhere.

• Liked — Closer to National Park
  • Disliked — Interrupted sleep due to barking dogs
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank teton-view
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kula
Maui Coast Hotel
#2 of 2 in Makawao
Lumeria Maui Retreat
Lumeria Maui Retreat
#1 of 2 in Makawao

Been to Kula Sandalwoods Inn & Cafe? Share your experiences!