“Enjoyable sunset cruise, launches from the beach, book online for 10% discount”

Kai Kanani Sailing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Kai Kanani Sailing Charters is the only South Maui charter to offer daily departures from Makena/South Maui. From this location, it only takes 15 minutes to sail to Molokini Crater, which means less time on the open water and more time snorkeling. With two snorkel trips daily to both Molokini and Turtle Town, Whale Watching Tours (late December through April) and romantic Sunset Champagne Sail three days a week, Kai Kanani is sure to make your vacation very memorable. Snorkel equipment, instruction, and select food/drinks are included in all snorkel tours. We have marine naturalists on-board, so you can learn more about all of the fascinating underwater life you see! We even have GoPro4 cameras available for rent on-board so you can capture all of the amazing memories you make. Staying in Wailea? Kai Kanani offers free Mercedes shuttle service from select Wailea Resorts.
Reviewed December 13, 2013

The Kai Kanani II, offering snorkeling and sunset tours and private charters, is a comfortable catamaran that departs directly off of Maui's lovely Malu'aka Beach fronting the Makena Resort. We paid $162 for 2 (all-in after online discount) for an enjoyable 2hour late afternoon cruise of the Makena-Wailea area with spectacular sunset views, a little whale entertainment and musical ukulele entertainment by Dwight. The catamaran pulls up onto the beach so you may get sprayed a little from the waves depending on the wind (I'm 5'3", legs were only wet up to mid-thigh); the staff is right there to help if you're a little wobbly in the sand or if you need a hand. Mai-tais, beer, beverages served by attentive friendly staff along with pupu (appetizers) platters with the usual veggies/dip, shrimp, fruit, cheese/crackers, buns and tasty meatballs were included in the price and on this particular day there was enough food to please my husband's always-large appetite. Received email following the cruise inviting us to drop by the Kai Kanani store for a free gift and 20% discount on store items (great selection of Columbia-brand Kai Kanani wear: shirts, shorts, jackets, hoodies, tshirts, mugs etc) and the free gift (choice of tshirt, beach bag, nice mug, reusable water cup,) was a nice touch (although they need a fresh supply of sizes). I highly recommend seeing Maui from the water and I will book the same tour on our next visit.

1  Thank drakemallard
Write a ReviewReviews (1,372)
All reviews
in 70 reviews
"beautiful boat"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed December 12, 2013

We took the 9:00 tour to Molokini. Excellent and patient staff that assisted those who had no snorkeling experience. They also were excellent in spotting sea creatures and pointing them out to the group. They had a marine biologist on board that could talk about the various fish and sea life. We got to snorkel with the fish and swim with the turtles. Highly recommended.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

the champagne dinner cruise was wonderful. Whales, nice people, great food, fantastic drinks and food. Better than the Kaanapali cruises.

1  Thank SGYoung1952
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We have done snorkelling and boat trips to Molokini and other areas with other companies I. The past and they were okay but we didn't know what we were missing until we went on a 9 am sailing with Kai Kanani. The crew, the boat, and the snorkelling were spectacular. We were able to get dropped at 3 different spots around Molokini and we saw a WHALE SHARK (check out their Facebook page which they update often). As a slightly nervous snorkelled I found great comfort in having two of the crew in the water with us pointing out things we may not have otherwised noticed such as octopus and baby reef sharks. Crew is really informative and helpful. They may charge a little more than other companies but it was well worth it!

See more reviews
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I went out for the 4 hour trip to Molokini and Turtle town snorkel trip and had a blast! We were picked up in a Mercedes van at the resort and dropped off at the beach where we checked in. Bring a towel! I forgot to but there were some available for purchase from the resort where we checked in with the crew. I also brought an underwater digital camera that I got specifically for the trip although in my haste to leave in the am I left my sd card in the hotel but they have some on board that have 20 something exposures for $25 if you forget to bring one. The boat came up to shore and we got on by walking out into the water. The crew was fantastic and really helpful. There were 5 crew members on board and they were all knowledgeable and the captain was pretty funny to say the least. Breakfast was pineapple and muffins and juices. Molokini was amazing and shortly after lunch was served. Sandwiches salads and finally the open bar. There were a lot of people on board but there was plenty of room for everyone. I am going back in February and will definitely be going on this excursion with this company again.