“Fantastic experience”

Kai Kanani Sailing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Kai Kanani Sailing Charters is the only South Maui charter to offer daily departures from Makena/South Maui. From this location, it only takes 15 minutes to sail to Molokini Crater, which means less time on the open water and more time snorkeling. With two snorkel trips daily to both Molokini and Turtle Town, Whale Watching Tours (late December through April) and romantic Sunset Champagne Sail three days a week, Kai Kanani is sure to make your vacation very memorable. Snorkel equipment, instruction, and select food/drinks are included in all snorkel tours. We have marine naturalists on-board, so you can learn more about all of the fascinating underwater life you see! We even have GoPro4 cameras available for rent on-board so you can capture all of the amazing memories you make. Staying in Wailea? Kai Kanani offers free Mercedes shuttle service from select Wailea Resorts.
Lafayette, Indiana
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Went on a snorkel sail with wife on an incentive trip. Awesome crew, captain Carry was great. Saw octopii mating, lots of cool fish, turtles, and tons of whale sightings. Highly recommend. You will not be disappointed.

• Korean first
Brooklyn, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Dolphins, sea turtles and whales! Oh my!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had an awesome time with Kai Kanani. The fact that they pick up right at our hotel was a plus. On our outing we got to snorkel with dolphins and sea turtles. We also got a close up of a whale family that was in a performing mood. The snacks, drinks and lunch were very tasty. We had an amazing time.

Visited February 2013
Susan_ikt
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“My best snorkel excursion”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This snorkel excursion left from Makena Beach Resort just outside of Wailea. This was really nice as it was only 5 minutes from our hotel. We entered the boat from the shore, so count on getting a little wet right off. We started at 8:30 and after a short safety briefing were on our way to Molokini. I've been on at least 8 day trips like this before, and this one was my BEST experience ever. Probably what impressed me the most was how clean the boat was - even the restrooms. That's unusual. Secondly was the crew. They were fun, friendly, knowledgable and informative (especially about the whale migration), and yet focused on safety the entire time. We were served muffins for breakfast and sandwiches and Mai Tais after snorkeling. Lots of funs - I would recommend without reservation!!

Visited March 2013
Texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great time lots of whales”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

These folks redeemed whale watching for us after a horrible trip on another company. This was professional, nice boat and not too crowded. We saw alot of whales. Overrall a good trip and I wish we had the time to have done another one. I only got wet to just above my knees getting off and I am very very short. I saw one lady lose her balance and fall. I would recommend a dry back for your camera just incase. We had no trouble though. Very convenient location from the south end of Maui which saves alot of precious vacation time. Freddy (funny) and Kerry (captain) both great. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Visited March 2013
Calgary, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

We took the afternoon whale watching cruise and were lucky enough to see whales breaching multiple times. The experience was amazing. We have taken a number of sailing and whale watching trips in mexico and Victoria so it wasn't our first time or the closest we have ever gotten but the unusually lucky experience of watching them breach was spectacular. Even the staff was impressed with what we experienced. So it's hard to give a bad review. Even so, the staff was great, the catamaran is lovely. The only critism I would have is that the captain didn't raise the sail at all although it was a bit on the windy side and he may have decided the ride might get a bit rough.