“Tips when booking at the Maui Vista, PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU BOOK!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maui Vista Resort

Maui Vista Resort
Ranked #16 of 62 Specialty Lodging in Kihei
Calgary
“Tips when booking at the Maui Vista, PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU BOOK!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2006

I have read a lot of the reviews that have been posted and must say that I agree with a lot of them.
You'll notice that most of the "negative" reviews are from people who rented through large management companies like through "Marc Resorts" or "Expedia" and "travelocity". Most of the "positive" reviews are from people who renter from the owners direct and this is an ABSOLUTE MUST if you are planning on booking a stay at the Maui Vista, otherwise you will get a run of the mill room that could possible be looking out towards a parking lot and not well looked after and you don't want that! Also, when booking through owners it's MUCH MUCH cheaper, sometimes almost half! You can also pick the room you want, floor, building and view and most of them post pictures of their unit so you know exactly what you're getting. Most of them also live in these units four or five months out of the year so they keep their units in much better condition then others would from rental companies such as Expedia.
A good website to try is ----(vacation rentals by owner) I have booked through them three times and have just booked for a fourth time yesterday! I know exactly where I'm staying, what the room looks like and everything, it's great. Also, the price was only $79us a night for an ocean view, third floor, compared to expedia and marc resorts that wanted $136us a night. YIKES!

Try not to book a ground floor room because these ones seem to be a bit noisier and darker. Also, some of them say "partial ocean view" and this usually means you can sort of see the ocean after you look past the parking lot and appartments next door. You don't want that.
If you're looking for five start, or to be pampered, this is not the place for you.
I like the "cozyness" of it and the fact that it has three pools (somewhat small though) and it just nevers seem too busy.
You do have to cross the street to get to the beach from this condo which isn't too bad but I guess that's why you're not paying the price of "oceanfront" right!?
The Maui Vista is also right in the middle of grocery stores, flee markets, great restaurants and a drug store, the location is really great if you don't have a car because their all within walking distance.
Also, if you don't like walking alot, try to book a unit in the first two buildings because the third building at the very back is a ways back and sometimes can be frustrating carrying all your beach chairs and drinks down to the beach, trust me, I know!
All in All I love this resort and will keep coming back, it's friendly and the grounds are kept very nice. The first time I stayed at the maui vista we booked through Marc resorts and the room we got was disgusting so I can understand what other people are saying, but after changing who I book through I have gotten nothing but beautiful rooms which makes all the difference!

Good luck in your searches.
If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me at leighwyryha_454@hotmail.com

Mahalo!

• Stayed September 2005
36 Thank Fyfe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2006

We stayed at Maui Vista #2101 for 7 days. Place was clean, but in much need of renovating. Used AAOceanfront for the reservations and to voice my concerns, but to no avail. We arrived late to find the ceiling fan not working at all and the A/C would work for about 10 minutes and then pop the breaker. The carpet was in need of a good cleaning and had small bugs by the sink. Place was in a quiet setting and was well stocked with dishes and things. Not worth anywhere what I paid for. As a side note, when we turned in the keys on our last day, we were told that a work order was generated about the issues. The problems have been there for a while and I doubt if they will be addressed. Won't be back to Maui Vista or use AAOceanfront again.

• Stayed February 2006
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank dtc05

Travelers are raving about these Kihei hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2006

Loved the unit we rented - #1116 - very nicely appointed, updated amenities, felt just like home! Ground floor unit in building #1, literally across the street from the beach! Like the boogie boards, beach chairs and other water toys they had available in the unit for us to use. Nice touch. The lanai was a great place to sit back and relax early in the morning and late at night. Only drawback, and the only reason this review "Above Average" and not "Excellent" is the noise level being on the ground floor. However, after the first night we got used to it and it didn't bother us. We'll be back for sure!

• Stayed November 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Berkeley, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2006

We spent 5 nights at a one bedroom at the Maui Vista; had a corner room on ground floor that was adjacent to parking lots, so had some noise issues. The condo itself suffers from cheap construction--very few windows, cheaply built, feels not at all like "home"... But then, we got a super package deal via Orbitz, and it served our purposes. Don't expect a place you want to spend much time in. The best part is that it's across the street from Charlie Young Beach--a short walk to a bit of Maui paradise went a long way toward making this place more than just "a place to sleep". ALso, the 3 (small) pools are nice, and there are loads of tennis courts that were never too crowded. (We were there early Dec., so "off season"). There are at least two management companies, which can lead to confusion--we called ours, which is not located on premises, and they said there would be a key waiting for us, or at least instructions, at the main office (which would be closed after we arrived). There was nothing there; fortunately, the manager just happened to come back for something, so we got in without having to wait around for a return call and visit from our own management company.

As others have said, each unit is individually owned, so furnishings and care can vary a great deal. OUrs had all new furniture, which was nice, and a fully stocked kitchen with nice pots and pans etc. Carpet was quite stained and possible dirty, which was not nice. Beach chairs and umbrella and cooler were supplied--another nice touch.

All in all, if i could get the same cheap deal again, I'd stay here again, but I'd hate to get holed up in the place because of rain, because it was not the kind of place you'd want to lounge around in for a couple of days. Great for us because we were scuba diving every day, and so not even there much--AND the diving boats all leave from the boat ramp about a mile from these condos.

8 Thank loriPBerkeley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2005

We stayed in a loft unit for two weeks with two children. The view was ok, but we were a 2 minute walk to the beach, and a short walk or drive to shopping and dining. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to anyone, especially those with kids!

• Stayed February 2005
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2005

Two of my friends and I stayed at a one bedroom condo at the Maui Vista on October 6-10. We were absolutely amazed when we walked in the door. It felt more like a fully furnished apartment rather than a condo. Everything we could possibly need was there (including beach chairs). And the location was great. Nice beach across the street for sunbathing and snorkeling. And the nightlife was just a short 5 minute walk if you dont feel like driving. We absolutley loved Maui and this resort was the icing on the cake. We are definitely coming back here!!!

• Stayed October 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2005

Headed to Maui from Oct 1 -8th with my sister-in-law. Being 8 months pregnant when I booked my package I put in a request for a non-smoking unit and car. Our condo was great. #1321. In building one put off the main drag so not a lot of outside noise. Great quick walk to the beach. Condo was well maintained and clean and had pretty much everything you would have at home. I had the bedroom which also had a seperate air conditioner which came in handy since it was quite hot out. The place even had beach chairs, a cooler, an umbrella and boogie boards if needed. We had a great time with no complaints.

• Stayed October 2005