Maui Vista Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Andaz Maui At Wailea Resort(Wailea)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewscharlie young beachtennis courtsthree buildingsbeach chairsacross the streetboogie boardsupstairs loftwasher and dryerparking passaa oceanfrontair conditioningfourth floorsmall pooldvd playernicest beachesgreat condothrough vrbo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We stayed in Maui Vista 3-117 from Dec 27-Jan 15 2014. The location is great. A ground floor condo in the 3rd building from the road. Very quiet and just a short walk to the beach, restaurants and stores. The BBq's are right outside the door of this condo and the pool is located right down the breezeway. For the most part the condo has everything you need but we had friends stay in other ones in the same complex that had been redone and upgraded for the same price. I had a couple of minor issues that were addressed promptly by the property managers. All in all a great place to stay for the price.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank rileyp956
Reviewed January 16, 2014

OMG the place was infested with cockroaches! Our booking was through Maui Condo and Home who were unable to do anything. They did not move us to another property, offer us a discount or reimbursement. It was a disaster. I rented a condo, expecting to save money by not needing to eat out but, of course, I was unable to prepare food in the condo as anytime I put anything on the counter it was swarmed by bugs. Horrible! I feel bad for the poor property owner who's condo is being managed by such an irresponsible company.

Room Tip: Don't get the ground floor! My parents were on the second floor in the same building and had NO PROBLEMS! Our room was on the 1st floor, right beside the garbage bins.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
8  Thank Lisa K
MauiCondoMarina, Maui Condo, Vacation Rental Management company at Maui Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Aloha and thank you for your feedback.
I apologize for the inconvenience of having roaches in your unit. This is something that we take seriously, while still understanding that we live in a Tropical climate which has more bugs and insects than the mainland. The Maui Vista has pest control scheduled quarterly at which time they spray in the unit and on the property grounds. Pest control is also called as needed because we never want our guests to live with bugs and insects in their unit. When you called to inform us of the “infestation of roaches” we promptly called All Natural Pest Control (no chemicals used) to spray your unit and scheduled for the housekeeper to follow with any necessary clean up. We also offered to have you move units, but you declined. We treated the unit again as soon as you departed.
After you departed your father came in to our office to submit a complaint and we informed him that we treated the unit naturally (to avoid chemicals while people are in the unit) and we also offered to move you to another unit. He was not aware that we offered to move you and promptly left our office after threatening to “blog about this”.
We take care of our units for our owners and for our guests. Here in this Tropical paradise there are pests, but we are sensitive to how people feel about them. We want to make sure that the unit is comfortable and clean at all times.
Please do not hesitate to contact our office with any questions or concerns.
Mahalo,
Marina
Maui Condo and Home, LLC.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

My husband and I booked this condo and we also had family staying on the third floor in two separate condos. The positives are that the condo is one easy block to the Charlie Young beach which is amazing. It is close to Foodland and the ABC for easy shopping and walking distance to Fred's and Moose Macgillicuddy's (both of which are good restaurants). The air conditioning worked well in the living room and there are ceiling fans in the living room and bedroom so temperature wise we were good. The air conditioner was not too loud which other units say they had problems with. The dishwasher was relatively new and it worked really well and no problems with the washer or dryer. We had all the utensils to cook including pots and pans plus lots of dishes and cutlery, coffee maker plus some great beach chairs, tennis rackets and beach towels. This particular condo was clean although very outdated. The plug-ins are old and the vacuum cord kept falling out of the plug. The sinks and tub are tired and stained as is the furniture. The tv is an old style small tv but since we were out this wasn't really an issue. My grandsons stayed overnight on several occasions and the pull-out couch has a very thin mattress and was not comfortable - the pillows kept sliding into the couch. I was disappointed overall with the price we paid in comparison to other units and would choose to stay somewhere else on my next trip to Maui.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Jan's C
MauiCondoMarina, Maui Condo, Vacation Rental Management company at Maui Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Thank you for your review of the Maui Vista. I apologize that your experience was not satisfactory. This property does not have air conditioning in all of the units, but there is usually at least a breeze here on Maui. You did not state your unit or who you booked with and it is a shame that you had such a negative experience in the unit you stayed in. Our website features all of our units with photos and descriptions so guests know exactly what they are getting. It is better to know what your accommodations are going to be like before you arrive. I will investigate further about the pool being crammed and parts of the property being off limits because I have not had those complaints before. I hope you took advantage of Charlie Young beach just across the street and the shopping and restaurants nearby. If you need assistance with planning your next trip to Maui our agents will be more than happy to help you.
Mahalo,
Marina
Maui Condo and Home, LLC.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Read previous reviews and our first stay at this location. I don't think I would recommend it and not very family or tourist welcoming. First of all the condo we where in had no breeze and it was hella hot. Needed AC but didn't and it was run down. The whole place reminded me of my college years and dorm life. They don't let you use certain areas and everyone crammed into the pool next to the road and some residents are friendly and some are not. I would not recommend this place even if the condo we got was crappy no Aloha feeling here. Will never come back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank heckya
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We have stayed at the Maui Vista for the past 4 years in three different units. The Maui Vista is a great location in Kihei, walking distance to a grocery store, many restaurants and one of the best beaches in the area.

We have always rented from a professional rental agency in the past, this year we rented directly from the owner of unit 2322, VRBO and HomeAway 62192. After arriving we noticed that the kitchen sink drained slowly, found an almost empty gallon container of drain cleaner in bathroom, put some in the kitchen drain, it didn't help. We called the on island representative to report the drain because the Maui Vista has a lot of plumbing problems and wanted to alert them before it could cause a flood as the dishwasher had backed up into the kitchen sink. We got a call back 10 hours later blaming us for the plumbing problem by one of the rudest people we have ever spoken to. They kept our security deposit to pay for their lack of proper drain maintenance. There were also live cockroaches in the kitchen something we have not witnessed in other units of the Maui Vista, again lack of maintenance. The bed was hard and uncomfortable and the linens were old and worn.

There are many other units to rent at the Maui Vista through a professional rental agency. Give this one a pass, no Aloha Spirit here you don't need this on your vacation.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family