“Choose Aston Maui Hill, Kihei”
Review of Aston Maui Hill

Aston Maui Hill
Ranked #2 of 62 Specialty Lodging in Kihei
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is our third trip back to the Aston Maui Hill in Kihei in 3 years. It is absolutely unbeatable in terms of value: centrally located, across the road from good beaches, and while the apartments are older in style, they are unbelievably spacious. The spaciousness is extremely important to us, and reflects the generosity with which the place is run - by Dennis Costa, the manager, Kristi Ann and all staff. The grounds are beautifully maintained, and the ocean view apartments with huge balconies are a must have.

Room Tip: Go for an ocean view apartment - its a genuine ocean view and is spectacular. One bedroom for a cou...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Dorothy G
Dennis C, General Manager at Aston Maui Hill, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Aloha and Mahalo Nui Loa (thank you very much) for your wonderful review of your recent stay with us at the Aston Maui Hill Resort. We truly appreciate your return business, as returning guests are our biggest reward and compliment. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that the resort and staff fulfilled your expectations for a positive vacation experience. We would love to welcome you back again the next time you visit our beautiful island. Please contact me personally so that I may ensure your next visit is every bit as enjoyable.

There are newer reviews for Aston Maui Hill

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were blown away at how wonderful our condo was. Their website doesn't do it justice! It is so beautiful, friendly, clean. Everything you could need was in the room, just bring food! The rooms were about 3 times bigger then I expected. The kids loved having their own balcony. You can see Molokini from the office. Such a fantastic trip because of the wonderful Condo and staff. Their Concierge helped us book our week with all the wonderful things we wanted for an amazing price. I would, and have recommended this condo to everyone and anyone!

Room Tip: If you are closer to the office the walk to the beach is quicker!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank BRANDI P
Dennis C, General Manager at Aston Maui Hill, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Aloha and Mahalo Nui Loa (thank you very much) for your positive, glowing comments in your review of your recent stay with us at the Aston Maui Hill Resort. It is guests like you who make our jobs here so rewarding, and I will be pleased to pass along your comments to my staff at our next team meeting. We thank you for your recommendation, and we would love to welcome you back again should you return to our beautiful island in the future. Please contact me personally so that I may ensure your next visit is every bit as wonderful for you and your family.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

This turned out to be a pleasant surprise. The location turned out to be perfect, especially if you like to travel around the island. Maui Hill is close to all the highways and easy access to the harbor that has all the boating tours. The units are very spacious, well furnished and well maintained. The grounds look great. The concierge was helpful in booking excursions. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Unfortunately we didn't get a room with a view, but that was the only drawback. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank berniek1949

Aloha and Mahalo (thank you) for writing a review of your recent stay with us at the Aston Maui Hill Resort. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your vacation here with us, and that you found our staff welcoming and friendly. It is our goal to provide a positive, memorable vacation experience for our guests, and we are so pleased to have done so for you. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again; please contact me personally so that I may ensure you are provided a unit with a view to fulfill your every expectation.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We are a family with three children, and loved having lots of space in our 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment. It was very well equipped with everything we needed, even tea towels and detergent. The book shelf had lots of books, and we found board games in the drawers - nice. The grounds were beautiful and very well maintained, and our boys loved all the geckos and beautiful birds. We loved the pool, the hot tub and the beautiful tennis court.
The nearest beach was amazing, with a perfect combination of sand, great waves for bodyboarding, and a rocky bit, which was great for snorkeling. We have snorkeled many places including St. Thomas, Florida and Thailand (Koh Samui, Koh Tao), and this place was excellent. We saw so many different beautiful fish, and also saw turtles several times. It was never crowded, and we had no trouble parking right next to the beach. If we come back to Maui , we'd love to go back to Aston Maui Hill.

Room Tip: We chose ocean view, and had a beautiful view. The rooms on the top floor have even better views (I...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank AnneM227
Dennis C, General Manager at Aston Maui Hill, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Aloha and Mahalo Nui Loa (thank you very much) for taking the time to write such a positive review of your recent stay with us at the Aston Maui Hill Resort to share with the Trip Advisor community. We are so pleased to have been able to provide such a memorable experience and some aloha spirit so unique to our islands for you and your family. We truly appreciate you choosing our resort for your vacation needs, and we would welcome the opportunity to have you stay with us again should you decide to return to Maui. Please contact me directly so that I may personally ensure your next visit is every bit as wonderful as this one.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed at Aston Maui Hill last week and it was a great experience. The staff is friendly and helpful, the condo I was in was a 3bd/3ba Ocean view and it was comfortable and a GREAT value, especially when you consider the location.

I would definitely stay here again, especially if you're a family that is looking for the most bang for your buck. Great experience

Room Tip: There are condo upgrades available if you ask for them. The office has tours and activities availabl...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RubenMorgan

Aloha and Mahalo (thank you) for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at the Aston Maui Hill Resort. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that you found our resort fulfilled your expectations. I will be sure to pass along to my staff at our next team meeting that you found the service to be welcoming and helpful. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again should you decide to return to our beautiful island in the future. Please contact me personally so that I may ensure your next visit is once again a great experience.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I always take the internet photos of a hotel with a grain of salt, but i have to say, with this place my expectations were exceeded. Yes, the decor is a bit out-dated, but i barely noticed since i had 2 a HUGE lanai, 2 baths with showers, a full kitchen and an actual ocean view (not always the case when you book it...)
The first night of my stay, i was awakened to loud stomping and door slamming. Thinking it was coming from upstairs, i called the front desk, and Dennis, the GM, came to my room minutes later to investigate. I discovered the noise was from a hissy-fit throwing owner in the NEXT building!
No biggie, since after the aforementioned tanrtum-maker saw my camera flash, he stopped.
Dennis offered to help me move to a different unit, but i decided to try to get some sleep, since i was there for work.
The next afternoon, i received the nicest VM from Dennis stating his concern for my comfort and safety! He sounded so sincere, i wanted to save the voicemail!
Thanks Dennis, for your follow up and concern. I had no further unwanted wake-up calls from tantrum-boy (50ish man, btw)
I HIGHLY recommend the hotel!

Room Tip: Try to book an upstairs unit. Thin ceilings.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank lighthouses999
Dennis C, General Manager at Aston Maui Hill, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Aloha and Mahalo for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at the Aston Maui Hill Resort. We are so pleased that your expectations were exceeded and that you enjoyed your visit. It was my pleasure to ensure your safety and comfort during your stay; above all at Maui Hill guest satisfaction is our number one priority. We strive to provide all guests with a positive and lasting impression, and we are happy to have done so for you. Please contact me personally should you decide to return to our beautiful island in the future. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We arrived early so our unit wasn't ready yet. Dennis encouraged us to leave our luggage by the front and then he made sure they were brought up to our unit. The concierge (Dayna?) was so helpful in recommending a place to rent snorkeling gear and also a couple of places for lunch. Our 2 bed/2 bath unit itself was spotless and suited the needs of our family of 4 perfectly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank KatmanduNorthernNJ
Dennis C, General Manager at Aston Maui Hill, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Aloha and Mahalo (thank you) for your review of your recent stay with us at the Aston Maui Hill Resort. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and that we were able to provide a positive experience for you and your family. We truly appreciate you choosing our resort for your vacation needs, and we would welcome the opportunity to have you stay with us again should you decide to return to our beautiful island in the future. Please contact me personally if I may be of service to you.

Sincerely, Dennis Costa, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kihei
Maui Coast Hotel
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Aston at Papakea Resort
Aston at Papakea Resort
#26 of 32 in Lahaina

Been to Aston Maui Hill? Share your experiences!