“Pretty Condo for Good Value”
Review of Palms at Wailea

Palms at Wailea
Ranked #13 of 62 Specialty Lodging in Kihei
Calgary, Canada
“Pretty Condo for Good Value”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We stayed at the Wialea Palms for a week. I originally booked this hotel 3 months prior to our arrival and requested air conditioning and second floor unit. I even called 3 days before to confirm these amenities. Neither were available at time of check-in. What also put me off was that we ordered a Garden Deluxe room and we ended up facing a parking lot off the patio... I'd hate to see what a regular room faced. I brought my concerns to the desk who were empathetic and changed our room to another main floor room in the complex. This time we backed onto a main road, but it was okay. The room itself is tired. Many stains on the rug and 80s appliances in the kitchen. We accidentally left a few pieces of rice in the sink and the next morning we had a freeway of ants bringing the food out of the sink and across the counter. It was actually quite impressive. After using some Lysol, this never happened again. The unit itself was quite large and had a good size bedroom and 2 bathrooms. For space, it is a very good size. The patio and lanai were also a good size and it made for a nice spot to have breakfast or evening drinks. The pool and hot tub were perfect. The best part of this unit was the value. The staff were very, very nice at this complex and were always smiling. I'm not sure if I will stay here again but I did enjoy my time here.

Room Tip: If you wish to have AC in the living room, you need to request it in advance. AC in the bedroom is...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cgyguy30
Matt S, General Manager at Palms at Wailea, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Aloha Cgyguy30 from Calgary.
We are so pleased to welcome so many guests from Canada.
I am relieved to hear that you were ultimately pleased with our good value as this is important to all of us. Since all of the units are individually owned -and this means that they are all different- from experience, I know that people appreciate different things and I was happy to hear that the staff found something that pleased you and you had a good time here. I am confident that when you return we will have something that pleases you from the beginning.
Mahalo for your feedback.
Matt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Korean first
Kapolei, Hawaii
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I think I booked the least desirable type of room this property offers and it was great. It was a ground floor garden view 2 BR condo. Each condo is individually owned and talking to the manager I know that the one I booked was a little different than others. I found it to be very comfortable 2 BR 2 Bath, fold out sofa. We had 6 people at one time and it was completely comfortable. I loved the large patio and regretted that I didn't use the gas bbq that was there; next time!.

The staff were always smiling. We had a small problem with one thing and they were quick to respond and fix. Truthfully I felt like I was living at my own home I was so comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank donmark1444
Aloha donmark1444.
In addition to all the Canadians that enjoy our property it is always nice to here that our Kamaaina (‘of the land/island’) guests also enjoy the many fine features of our condo/resort.
It was particularly reassuring to hear that you felt right at home here and that our 2 bedroom units units are so spacious that all 6 of your group were comfortable. Mahalo for your kind words.
Matt
Vancouver,BC
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom condo that was very well appointed. Two bathrooms, very large living area, nice kitchen with upgraded counter tops and everything you'd need to cook just like at home. Beach chairs are available to take with you to the nearby beaches and pool towels are happily provided each day from the front desk. This unit had 2 big lanais completely outfitted with a bbq and lots of seating and tables. Our unit was air conditioned in the bedroom with a big ceiling fan in the living area, very adequate. If you want extra breeze you can open the lanai doors and enjoy the Hawaiian air.
We did have an issue with some reno noise from the unit below and brought it to the management attention for which they were very understanding and helpful.
The overall complex is large, quiet and well maintained. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The pool area was very nice with adequate amounts of lounge chairs always available and guests respect the pool rules so everyone can enjoy a relaxing experience. There is a very nice mall with restaurants within a two minute drive or 15 minute walk and the complex is in a very lovely area of Wailea near beautiful beaches.
We will definitely return to this resort and recommend to all our friends and family to stay here.

Room Tip: Be specific about your needs when booking as there are many different units to accommodate different...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Matt S, General Manager at Palms at Wailea, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Aloha Waikiki Wahini (Lady) from Vancouver, B.C. Given you email name, it sounds like you have bonded with the islands and so we are pleased that you enjoyed your time here as I’m sure that you will be back.
Your comprehensive review was fun to read as we are always pleased when our guests (you) say the same things as our Marketing Department as it adds credibility to the Outrigger brand. Mahalo for your kind words and helpful information.
You also gave some nice guidance to the readers to provide specific requests when making a reservation as within our collection of condos we would hope to be able to please our guests with certain bedding, 1st or 2nd fl request, location within the property, units with full a/c etc. We have lofty goals… to please all and we will do everything we can to make ones stay enjoyable and we appreciate the opportunity to serve you.
Once again, Mahalo for your review. Matt Swartz
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

We usually stay at the Fairmont in Wailea. This was my first time staying here and I came here with low expectations. We are so happy with our condo and the facilities here. It's quiet and relaxed and does not have the uptight feel of a luxury hotel but is still located in an upscale resort area close to greet beaches and restaurants. I highly recommend this place and encourage owners to renovate their units.

• Stayed November 2013
Aloha Cindy and Mahalo for taking the time to provide your perspective on our property.
I was particularly pleased to hear that we provided good value as we know that, although a trip to Maui is always going to cost quite a bit of money, it isn’t that much if you get what it is that you were wishing for.
Wailea does offer many options and I am pleased that you found us and that you were happy here. We enjoy being part of other people’s vacation and your comments gave meaning to what we do.
We look forward to being able to accommodate you on your next trip to Maui.
Mahalo. Matt Swartz
Ontario
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We absolutely enjoyed our stay at this Outrigger condo. The ground and garden were very well maintain and the flowers and trees were so beautiful. The 2-bedroom unit we stayed was very spacious and was very comfortable for a family of 4 adults. The kitchen was well equipped with everything that we would for our one week stay. Having a washing machine and dryer in the unit was definitely a plus for us. We rented a "Garden Deluxe" unit and sure it was, very private and quiet. The personnels at the front desk there were very friendly and helpful. Overall , the place was just very impressive. I would recommend this condo rental to anyone and will go back next time we visit Maui.

Room Tip: Pay just a little more to get a deluxe unit. It's more spacious and more private.
1 Thank free-to-travel-99
Matt S, General Manager at Palms at Wailea, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Aloha to our guest from Ontario.
I’m happy to hear that your distance traveled was rewarded with an enjoyable time with us here at the Outrigger Palms of Wailea.
We appreciated your thoughtful review of our property as it reflects many of the things that are important to us. Your ‘highly recommended’ is very valuable as it reinforces that our efforts are appreciated and this give us the energy to continue what we are doing.
We agree that the Garden Deluxe provides good value as we understand this to be a preferred location on the property.
Finally, I am pleased to hear that the staff was friendly and helpful as it is important that we offer our clean comfortable accommodations in the spirit of Aloha.
Mahalo for your kind words.
Matt Swartz
White Rock, Canada
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Awesome condo rental. Everthing available for enjoying paradise!
Pool area is centrally located, salt water pool (yay, no chlorine) and surrounded by streams and Palm Trees. Units are individually owned so vary in interior decor. Many have been updated and have three air conditioners in the unit. Some units have been renovated so the sliding doors to the 2nd bedroom have been replaced with a full, soundproofed wall- much better privacy.
Outrigger manages some Ipof the owner's units, while most are available on VRBO.
Maui wins "best island of the year" by Conde Naste travel group, for many years in a row!
Beaches and 5 star hotels are nearby; affordable dining is in the area of Kihei, just minutes away.

Room Tip: Garden view units are great value and many have a peek-a-boo view of the ocean. Quiter setting yet...
1 Thank ALOHAGYPSY
Aloha to the AlohaGypsy.
I was pleased to hear your satisfaction with your recent vacation to Maui (“No Ka O’i”) and more importantly, to your time here at the Palms of Wailea.
You noted that the vacation rentals here are individually owned and therefore different and I am happy to add that this is actually a good thing as we have found that guests all seem to like different décor, floor plans and locations within the property. We are confident that, with the number of units that we manage, we will have something that guests will enjoy.
Additionally, Outrigger guests will appreciate that we do not lock you into a specific unit as we are more interested in being able to find something that will please you.
On you next visit to Maui, make sure to give us the opportunity to please you with our diverse, but well managed collection of vacation rentals. The fact that we are right here on property should be very comforting to those considering a vacation trip to Maui as we will work hard to please all guests.
Mahalo. Matt Swartz
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The outrigger was reasonably priced, very clean, well furnished, and had a great pool. Although it is not on the beach it was a great place to stay since you need a car to get around the island anyway. It was very close to many restaurants and shops. The grounds were well maintained and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. We will definitely stay here again next time we are in Maui. We have also stayed at the Castle Kamole Sands which doesn't even compare. The Palms is way cleaner and better furnished. They even have rafts, beach mats, and beach chairs that were most likely left behind from previous renters. It was very convenient. Thank you for a great stay!

1 Thank Kunta186
Matt S, General Manager at Palms at Wailea, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Aloha Kunta 189.
It is with great pleasure that we read your raving review of our property. Our goal is to provide excellent value to our guests and it appears as if we were able to do this in nearly every area.
Mahalo for your kind words.
We look forward to your return visit so that we can continue to please you.
Matt Swartz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kihei
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Aston Kaanapali Shores
Aston Kaanapali Shores
#14 of 32 in Lahaina
Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui

Been to Palms at Wailea? Share your experiences!