Days Inn Maui Oceanfront
$259
$138
$129
  • Restaurant
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui(Wailea)
$559
$479
1,456 results
All reviewsrooms are smallbeautiful beachfridge and microwavekeawakapu beachcoffee potgreat snorkelingcleaning staffhotel roomlaundry roomrental carshort drivemauioceanbeachesislandsandpalms
Reviewed May 27, 2010

My partner and I stayed at the Oceanfront when it was owned by Best Western, We were camping out in a VW Bus rental and decided we needed to have a clean bed and a shower. It was by pure accident that we found the hotel; the price was the best we could find, the bed was fantastic and the beach was perfect!
We have stayed twice and returned with our family. The location is great and everyone enjoyed it. The rooms are fairly small, but who goes to Maui to sit in a hotel room?
The front desk staff is very helpful and friendly. Every time we have stayed at the Oceanfront it has been during the off season so the cost is less and there are very few people on the beach at the hotel. Perfect!
For meals, I highly recommend Da Kitchen and Maui Tacos and both restaurants are just down the street. They are not for people who want a sit down, romantic meal, but for those of you who are on Maui time. We like to go get take out and just sit on the beach at the hotel. The restaurant at the hotel is quite pricey, but it smells delicious.
I would recommend the Oceanfront to anyone visiting Maui who enjoy the basics!
My partner and I are planning to return for a weekend getaway next weekend. This will be our first time back since Days Inn took over; I will post an update when we return.
Aloha

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ash-n-Ash
Reviewed May 25, 2010

We stayed at the Maui Oceanfront for ten nights, we are already planning on returning next year. Can't wait to return it will be our fourth time we have stayed at the hotel. People are friendly, service is great. The location of the hotel is perfect to the beaches, restaurants, golfing and shopping.
Can' wait to return to MAUI

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2010

My husband and I stayed here during most of our honeymoon. The room was clean, but tiny (even for two people.) You can hear your neighbors very clearly (conversations, hairdriers, party music, etc.) We didn't spend much time in the room, and the beach at the hotel is just fine. However, if you've always wanted to go to Maui and didn't have the cash for $300+ per night hotels, it's not too bad.

Skip the Italian restaurant next to the hotel - overpriced and too dark (even for those looking for a romantic dinner.) However, DO eat at the hotel next door (to the right when you're looking out at the ocean from the hotel.) Excellent staff - we ate two meals there and enjoyed them both.

Would I stay there again? Only if I had to. But, if it's what gets you to Hawaii, make sure you have plenty of day excursions planned - you won't want to spend too much time in the room.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2010

This hotel has an excellent location...right on beach, 2 min from boat launch for diving trips to Molokini, which can be seen easily on the beach. But the rooms are very small, and sound-proof is almost non-existent! If you come here for romance or family fun, stay away from this one

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank xzh150
Reviewed April 8, 2010

We stayed only one night. This trip was our "pre-honeymoon honeymoon" to visit my in-laws while they were at a private house on Maui for 3 weeks. My father-in-law upgraded us to the oceanfront room as a nice and thoughtful gesture. I cannot stress enough that our room's porch was the outdoor dining area for the restaurant. We came back to the hotel on the first night and 10 people were sitting directly outside our window drinking, laughing, and talking loudly. The table was literally up against our window.

If you are on a budget and don't plan on spending time at your hotel or in your room, then this hotel is fine for you. But if you have a family or are planning on an extended stay (more than a few days), stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple