“You get what you pay for. We stayed one night as we were...”

Days Inn Maui Oceanfront
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Kihei

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Hungarian first
La Mirada, California
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for about a week in mid June. Although the room was small it was perfect for just the two of us. It was very inexpensive and a great alternative to the large resorts. If you are worried about not having any hotel amenities such as a restaurant or bar, there are two very nice restaurants within a 30 second walk from your hotel room. The first place is called Serrentos on the beach and the second place is called 5 palms. Both offer 15-20% discounts on meals, but if you just pop into Serrentos for a drink or appetizers they wont allow you to sit in the area where you have a great view of the ocean, they keep you in the bar area. I would recommend the 5 palms restaurant over Serrentos if you are looking for a place to sit and take in the views while enjoying a drink. if you jump on the "Road" and head south and drive past Wailea, and take the road until it ends in a dirt parking lot you will find La Perouse Bay. There are signs that say, "Dont swim in the bay, Spinner Dolphin habitat". It's really cool and only about a 15 minute drive away from the hotel. All in all if you plan on hanging out in south Maui, this is the best hotel with the best price. Other reviews I read before booking my stay, were talking about how the place is run down, I can honestly say my room was in tip top shape.

1 Thank Cole S
Jay J, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Maui Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
We are happy to hear you and your girlfriend enjoyed your stay in Maui at our Days Inn location and that you were able to enjoy all the amenities our hotel has to offer. It is good to hear your room met your expectations and that you were able to enjoy other beaches on our beautiful island. When visiting Maui in the future we hope you choose us at Days Inn again for your traveling needs.
Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed June 19, 2013

So other reviews I read before booking scared me. My mom was getting married and after losing my job just a month before the trip I was on a budget so I booked it anyway. If you are expecting a Resort for this price you are nuts. The hotel is a great place to sleep (the beds are amazing) and get ready for the day. You are in Maui, why stay in a room when you have paradise outside your door. FYI they offer beach towels. I assumed a small hotel wouldn't but they have them at the front desk.

Pros:
This hotel is on the beach. No hike or having to cross the street.
Snorkeling is amazing on the beach in front of the hotel.
Peaceful ( I didn't hear the noise people complained about)
All of the staff was super nice and helpful.
Plenty of parking (Serento Restaurant gets crowded on weekends but never kept me from finding a close spot)
Favorite part was sitting on the beach at night on the lounge chairs the hotel provides.
20% off meals at the hotel next door and 15% off Serento at the Days inn.

Cons
Room is small but has enough space to fit 2 comfortably.
Ocean front suites will have a blocked view on weekends because of the restaurant.
Shower is falling apart. 1 building has new bathrooms but we were not in that one.
We found a cockroach in the bathroom but apparently they are the island mascot.
No bathtub just a stand up shower.

Overall for the price this is a great place to stay. We will be staying here in the future and I look forward to the new bathrooms. I feel that going to Maui and staying in the hotel is like ordering a fancy dinner and eating the plate. So book a room at this hotel if you plan on enjoying the sites. Like I said before, it is a great place to rest your head after a long day.

Room Tip: The "Maui" building is the closest one to the beach. The single room in this building is t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing our Days Inn location for your traveling needs for your mom’s wedding, we are pleased to hear our hotel met your expectations and that you were satisfied with your stay. As you stated we are in the process of renovating and hope that by your next visit all phases will be done. We are also happy to hear our staff was nice and helpful with all your questions and concerns; we are looking forward to your next visit with us in Maui.
La Selva Beach
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stay here every year.Love the temperpedic beds and being able to go right into the ocean a few steps from our door

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Justin C, General Manager at Days Inn Maui Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
We are located on Keawakapu Beach which is one of Maui's top beaches on the island and so our location is a hidden gem where the white sandy beach is at your feet. We are the only hotel on the island with Tempurpedic beds in all 87 of our rooms because we believe in bringing great comforts to our guests. We appreciate your loyalty every year and we welcome you with Aloha on your next visit.
Rovigo
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My bedroom was small and the A/C was noisy, but the hotel is so close to the beach that I cannot complain. I could walk 2 minutes and see the best sunsets ever. The receptionist was nice. The room was quite clean. There were some young folks above me who were a little noisy until late at night and I could hear them. There are two expensive restaurants on the beach next to the hotel and one of them offers breakfast. You get 15% discount at these restaurants if you are staying at the Days Inn, but after a couple of expensive meals there I went somewhere else. My experience at the Days Inn was ok. It's expensive if you think it's a Days Inn, but it's on Maui and right on the beach so you pay for the fantastic location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
We are pleased to hear that our location met your needs and that you were able to enjoy the beach and sunset while visiting Maui. We hope when you are in the area again you will choose Days Inn for your traveling needs.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kihei
Maui Coast Hotel
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Royal Lahaina Resort
Royal Lahaina Resort
#19 of 32 in Lahaina

Been to Days Inn Maui Oceanfront? Share your experiences!