Days Inn Maui Oceanfront
$294
AscendHotels
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,456 results
All reviewsrooms are smallbeautiful beachfridge and microwavekeawakapu beachcoffee potgreat snorkelingcleaning staffhotel roomlaundry roomrental carshort drivemauioceanbeachesislandsandpalms
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Jay J, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Maui Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Reviewed June 23, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for about a week in mid June. Although the room was small it was perfect for just the two of us. It was very inexpensive and a great alternative to the large resorts. If you are worried about not having any hotel amenities such as a restaurant or bar, there are two very nice restaurants within a 30 second walk from your hotel room. The first place is called Serrentos on the beach and the second place is called 5 palms. Both offer 15-20% discounts on meals, but if you just pop into Serrentos for a drink or appetizers they wont allow you to sit in the area where you have a great view of the ocean, they keep you in the bar area. I would recommend the 5 palms restaurant over Serrentos if you are looking for a place to sit and take in the views while enjoying a drink. if you jump on the "Road" and head south and drive past Wailea, and take the road until it ends in a dirt parking lot you will find La Perouse Bay. There are signs that say, "Dont swim in the bay, Spinner Dolphin habitat". It's really cool and only about a 15 minute drive away from the hotel. All in all if you plan on hanging out in south Maui, this is the best hotel with the best price. Other reviews I read before booking my stay, were talking about how the place is run down, I can honestly say my room was in tip top shape.

1  Thank Cole S

We are happy to hear you and your girlfriend enjoyed your stay in Maui at our Days Inn location and that you were able to enjoy all the amenities our hotel has to offer. It is good to hear your room met your expectations and that you were able to enjoy other beaches on our beautiful island. When visiting Maui in the future we hope you choose us at Days Inn again for your traveling needs.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

So other reviews I read before booking scared me. My mom was getting married and after losing my job just a month before the trip I was on a budget so I booked it anyway. If you are expecting a Resort for this price you are nuts. The hotel is a great place to sleep (the beds are amazing) and get ready for the day. You are in Maui, why stay in a room when you have paradise outside your door. FYI they offer beach towels. I assumed a small hotel wouldn't but they have them at the front desk.

Pros:
This hotel is on the beach. No hike or having to cross the street.
Snorkeling is amazing on the beach in front of the hotel.
Peaceful ( I didn't hear the noise people complained about)
All of the staff was super nice and helpful.
Plenty of parking (Serento Restaurant gets crowded on weekends but never kept me from finding a close spot)
Favorite part was sitting on the beach at night on the lounge chairs the hotel provides.
20% off meals at the hotel next door and 15% off Serento at the Days inn.

Cons
Room is small but has enough space to fit 2 comfortably.
Ocean front suites will have a blocked view on weekends because of the restaurant.
Shower is falling apart. 1 building has new bathrooms but we were not in that one.
We found a cockroach in the bathroom but apparently they are the island mascot.
No bathtub just a stand up shower.

Overall for the price this is a great place to stay. We will be staying here in the future and I look forward to the new bathrooms. I feel that going to Maui and staying in the hotel is like ordering a fancy dinner and eating the plate. So book a room at this hotel if you plan on enjoying the sites. Like I said before, it is a great place to rest your head after a long day.

Room Tip: The "Maui" building is the closest one to the beach. The single room in this building is the best. My brother had room 206 in this building and I liked its location.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing our Days Inn location for your traveling needs for your mom’s wedding, we are pleased to hear our hotel met your expectations and that you were satisfied with your stay. As you stated we are in the process of renovating and hope that by your next visit all phases will be done. We are also happy to hear our staff was nice and helpful with all your questions and concerns; we are looking forward to your next visit with us in Maui.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stay here every year.Love the temperpedic beds and being able to go right into the ocean a few steps from our door

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Justin C, General Manager at Days Inn Maui Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

We are located on Keawakapu Beach which is one of Maui's top beaches on the island and so our location is a hidden gem where the white sandy beach is at your feet. We are the only hotel on the island with Tempurpedic beds in all 87 of our rooms because we believe in bringing great comforts to our guests. We appreciate your loyalty every year and we welcome you with Aloha on your next visit.