1) The location. Close to the beach which is nice, though for snorkling you'll have to drive either to Ahihi -La'Perouse area or to Kanaapali beach (The black rock). There are many restaurants and small shops in a mile where you can have a bite.
2) Free parking, free wi-fi.
3) Friendly stuff
1) The room is ugly. Very dark (we lived on the ground floor and didn't see light at all). And the smell is terrible - when you leave some wet clothes in a plastic bag and open it in a day - that's the kind of smell we had in our room. It didn't go out - no matter how long we aired it. Just when you enter the room it strikes you. After a few minutes you get used to it and don't notice it.
2) The prices at the adjoining restaurants are ridiculous. Though they give you discount for them, it's not worthy. If you are on a budget drive a mile and have meal at a good mexican restaurant for a decent price. If you are NOT on a budget you just don't stay at Days Inn Oceanfront.
3) The wi-fi is not very reliable. One day of three it didn't work at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a splendid stretch of sand 2 miles from Kihei, this low-rise hotel is 3 miles from the championship golf courses of Wailea Resort; Maui Ocean Center is 8 miles away.With louvered shutters, tiled floors, ceiling fans, and island accents, all 87 guestrooms offer compact refrigerators, complimentary local calls, premium channels, coffeemakers, and in-room safes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Days Inn Maui Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Maui Oceanfront Hotel Kihei
- Best Western Kihei
- Kihei Best Western
- Days Inn Maui Oceanfront Kihei